Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Entertaining video of a Taiwan racist

Entertaining video of a Taiwan racist

Apparently viral all over Taiwan, bet he thinks twice next time. The British guy is damn calm given the crap coming out of the idiot's mouth, and a good job he didn't attempt even the smallest physical retaliation since apparently it can be common for locals to bait foreigners like that to sue. Also DAMN, nice grasp of Mandarin!

Can't say I experienced anything like that when I lived in Singapore, nor here in Thailand - but there's idiots everywhere.

Haha he actually does have a bit of the horse about him

"Your breath stinks"..."No your breath stinks" 555 Classic
    Last edited by kris-one; 12th November 2015 at 17:22.

He did keep his cool well... easy to remain calm if it's just you, but when he starts on your girlfriend...

Nice delay and attempted cover up by the police...

Meanwhile back in Australia...

Apple apologises after allegations of racism by Australia schoolboys - BBC News

Apple has apologised to six schoolboys asked to leave one of their shops in Australia, in what the students described as a racist incident.
    Footage of the incident at Melbourne's Highpoint shopping centre emerged on Tuesday sparking a social media outcry.
    A staff member can be heard saying security are concerned that the boys will shoplift.
    Apple said the store manager apologised to the boys, who are all black, and their school principal.

Is this really racist? Weren't you forever told only 2 or 3 school children in a shop at a time? We were, and none were black. Thing is groups of school kids are more often then not little cunts 555
    TLandHim likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    Is this really racist? Weren't you forever told only 2 or 3 school children in a shop at a time? We were, and none were black. Thing is groups of school kids are more often then not little cunts 555
    I hope they were chucking out groups of white kids in the shop too then... 55

Obviously know they have cocked up as issued an apology... instead of defending it...

Cocked up PC wise then yeah.

Yeah not quite a Stephen Lawrence moment, but I wonder if he would have done the same if three white kids? I know when I used to work in my parent's shop and a group of Maori kids came in I would tense up... thinking something might happen, but only felt like this when Maoris came in... Polynesians or white kids... no problem... I had my own inner profiling even at a young age... though nowadays I think I would tense up for any group... 55

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    Even in the local Newsagent, it was only 2 people at a time... No mater what colour. It is just people going out in big groups, filming things knowing what will happen and then playing the race card?

But do agree with Waharoa, where is the video with the white kids being thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Yeah not quite a Stephen Lawrence moment, but I wonder if he would have done the same if three white kids? I know when I used to work in my parent's shop and a group of Maori kids came in I would tense up... thinking something might happen, but only felt like this when Maoris came in... Polynesians or white kids... no problem... I had my own inner profiling even at a young age... though nowadays I think I would tense up for any group... 55
    Waharoa, I'm surprised, any reason for that?

As grocery manager for a supermarket chain in Auckland (in my youth) it was my job to apprehend shoplifters and as we had a part time shop detective we caught a lot. Never thought to look for colour of offenders, our detective was a beautiful part Maori woman a bit older than I and I was madly but secretly in love. When I had my own stores, it was never the colour but the behaviour of thieves, young and old, male or female that triggered surveillance.

Nowadays if you look at behaviour in shops, of course groups of noisy black/brown/yellow/freckled/white kids are going to attract attention and as it is difficult to keep an eye on them it is easier to ask the group to leave. With groups of kids, often one will dare the other to steal and egg them on but that kid would not have done it on their own, so it is an important responsibility of a retailer to knock that behaviour on the head.

^Only that the local Maori kids were the ones who frequently tried to steal stuff... my parents have had different shops in the past 30 years in Auckland and outside and predominantly seemed to be Maori kids who gave them the most grief... probably due to the local demographic make up of the areas the shops were in though... would likely be different in different areas... though the biggest thief who stole about $30,000 from them over a 3 year period, was a white staff member... only caught her by installing hidden cameras... they didn't have sophisticated tills, so all based on trust back then...
    Last edited by Waharoa; 13th November 2015 at 03:39.

The first second he called my girl a whore my hands would have been around his throat...even if she was one..55
    NeedHoliday likes this.
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

And he got arrested (actually looks more like report to the police).

Some reporters asked 'do you know Taiwan is ashamed of you?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzTnq2IjJws
    I'm gonna make my own thread, with Blackjack and Hookers!

Sign of the times I guess. A dude calls you a horse face loser and your ol' lady's a stupid whore and his comeback was..."why don't you button up your shirt, cuz...cuz... I've got a YouTube page!!

Unbelievable.

Seriously, who on this forum would let a little pudgy prick like that talk them and their friends like that??

Classic case of Bully meets P0ssy. Maybe I shouldn't have watched it a second time! 555

So what would you do in that situation?

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    So what would you do in that situation?
    1)I'd let him know that I was probably the wrong person to confront, nicely
    2) if he continued I would give him a fair warning
    3) if he called my friend vulgar names? I would tell her "turn off the video"
    4) I would dump him on his ass.

If it was a "set up" like some believe, I'm pretty sure I could handle my self until police arrive .

Question for you, what if that was your mom/daughter/sister that he called a "whore"?

Again, if I wasn't clear. I'm not happy to be called names, I can call them with the best. But when someone pulls my friends or family into it, my old self gains purchase and I will react.

As soon as you lay a finger on him, you're going to get sued and potentially face police involvement to some level.

Is that honestly worth it because he got under your skin?

If I was in that situation (specifically with relation to being a foreigner in a country like Taiwan) I would have just ignored him from the start regardless of what he said.
    Waharoa and Dkdude like this.

As soon as you lay a finger on him, you're going to get sued and potentially face police involvement to some level.

If I was in that situation (specifically with relation to being a foreigner in a country like Taiwan) I would have just ignored him from the start regardless of what he said.
    Your not me.

At some point in life NH, a mans worth is decided from his deeds. And again, it's not him getting under MY skin-I'm very sure I could toss more hurtful insults than him- it's him getting in the face of my friends or family that tilts the scales and yes, he was cruising for a bruising..55

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Your not me.

At some point in life NH, a mans worth is decided from his deeds. And again, it's not him getting under MY skin-I'm very sure I could toss more hurtful insults than him- it's him getting in the face of my friends or family that tilts the scales and yes, he was cruising for a bruising..55
    I'm not saying that under the right circumstances I wouldn't react, but if it involved being sued and possibly arrested in a foreign country where your rights are meaningless, I'd just bite my tongue.

And I still find it hard to believe in that situation you would purposely risk financial and legal issues in a foreign country just because someone said something mean. Common sense should tell you to keep your head regardless of the situation - otherwise the outcome could have far worse effects on your friends and family than words ever could.

I agree... I've learnt the hard way by reacting with my fists when people start on my friends... it seems smart at the time, but really it isn't... Being cool whatever the intimidation is the smart choice... depending on the situation of course... but in public especially... keep cool. I just wish I was better at following my own advice... 55

I'm not saying that under the right circumstances I wouldn't react, but if it involved being sued and possibly arrested in a foreign country where your rights are meaningless, I'd just bite my tongue.

And I still find it hard to believe in that situation you would purposely risk financial and legal issues in a foreign country just because someone said something mean. Common sense should tell you to keep your head regardless of the situation - otherwise the outcome could have far worse effects on your friends and family than words ever could.

First of all, my Mandarin is a bit suspect.

In real life this same thing happened to me in Mexico and I do speak the language. A local went off on me and my ex-wife (she's black) and tho now video was involved my 1-4 steps came into play. He repeatedly called my then wife and mother of my children a nigger.

I was nice.
    I was warning.
    I was angry.
    I dumped him on his ass. Hard.

I wasn't really thinking about being sued, but I was arrested. It cost me about $50 in "court costs" and after a few slaps on the back I was set free.

Maybe it's a Yankee thing?
    tnlawyer likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast