3. Mexico
    4. Costa Rica
    5. Malaysia
    6. Colombia
    7. Thailand
    8. Nicaragua
    9. Spania
    10. Portugal
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

Just interesting how they are all so different from the apparent best lifestyle however.

You know the Norway, Australia etc.

No correlation

Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    Just interesting how they are all so different from the apparent best lifestyle however.

You know the Norway, Australia etc.

No correlation
    Looking at that list................cost is certainly factored in and also, I'd assume they are thinking people don't want to retire where they live

Cost of healthcare would also be a huge factor in those listings

Norway - too friggin' cold
    Australia - no less expensive and too many bugs

And the gals.....no senorita's

But they top the list.....?

Just not for retirement
    Last edited by Thin White Duke; 6th January 2016 at 23:17.

And the gals.....no senorita's

But they top the list.....?

Just not for retirement
    6 out of the 10 are in Latin America and I have been to 5 of those countries
    Older married expat couples make up the demographic down there by at least 6-7 out of every 10 expats
    Those countries do a good job of offering benefits to retirees

It is definitely much less a mongering destination than SEA, for sure

Yeah I'm thinking I'll end up in Central or South America somewhere. SEA is just way too far away from kids, siblings, etc.
    WarProfiteer likes this.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking I'll end up in Central or South America somewhere. SEA is just way too far away from kids, siblings, etc.
    I like SEA better for the much different culture of it...........Latin America obviously has a different culture but being from US, we are very familiar with Latin culture.

I like Latin America for it's more laid back lifestyle, and also it's historic type neighborhoods that are still active in a every day compacity.
    I also feel you can blend in more in Latin America, which is something I value

Casco Viejo in Panama City was one of the coolest neighborhoods I have ever been in. Although I didn't like Panama city on a whole

https://www.google.ca/search?q=casco...HRkCDfUQsAQIGg

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    6 out of the 10 are in Latin America and I have been to 5 of those countries
    Older married expat couples make up the demographic down there by at least 6-7 out of every 10 expats
    Those countries do a good job of offering benefits to retirees

It is definitely much less a mongering destination than SEA, for sure
    Yeah Paulos I agree.

I'm more commenting or questioning (if you like) those countries that are rated so highly for lifestyle....mostly Scandinavian and dare I say....Australia

I'm wondering why no-one wants to retire in them.These listed all seem pretty much good to me.

But then the others should be pointed out as being too expensive...or too restrictive...or ...or

Yeah Paulos I agree.

I'm more commenting or questioning (if you like) those countries that are rated so highly for lifestyle....mostly Scandinavian and dare I say....Australia

I'm wondering why no-one wants to retire in them.These listed all seem pretty much good to me.

But then the others should be pointed out as being too expensive...or too restrictive...or ...or
    It points out the 10 categories that it lists as factors in compiling the list.........all geared towards lower cost of living, ease of visas and climate.
    I think when people think of "retiring" they think of retiring to a cheaper, warmer climate even if that is inside their own country(Florida for us)
    Thin White Duke likes this.

It points out the 10 categories that it lists as factors in compiling the list.........all geared towards lower cost of living, ease of visas and climate.
    I think when people think of "retiring" they think of retiring to a cheaper, warmer climate even if that is inside their own country(Florida for us)
    You fucking Yankees have ruined Florida. Black socks and sandals everywhere 555.
    WarProfiteer likes this.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

Yeah, Florida and California are both out, for different reasons. Maybe New Mexico, but I really like where I am now (Seattle area), home of socks & sandals.

Majorca would be for me. Absolutely beautiful and amazing weather that still has the seasons. Mind you its expensive so I doubt when it says Spain they are thinking of Majorca.

You fucking Yankees have ruined Florida. Black socks and sandals everywhere 555.
    Don't worry.....I ain't ever moving there!
    My sister has a nice house in Port St. Lucie and it does nothing for me......but they love it.

Don't worry.....I ain't ever moving there!
    My sister has a nice house in Port St. Lucie and it does nothing for me......but they love it.
    I'm buying one in the next year or two on 30A just east of Destin. Great beaches down there and away from the craziness of Destin.

...away from the craziness of Destin.
    For now. Municipalities are spreading like da herp in Florida...
    tnlawyer likes this.

For a while now, Panama has been my #1 on paper. Need to get there to see how I really feel about it once on the ground. I've likely got a few more years here in CM though, as Taky wraps up school. We'll see after that. Much like TN Lawyer said, it's just too far away from my family (even if they're nuts) and my real estate.

Seems to me they have been doing there work:

From a Scandinavian view it seems like Spain are number one, u can actually have a good life down there even with low "social income" Cost of living and health care seems to be the biggest triggers ,also the social feeling of being together with others from your own culture like seems to count inn for older people

Also get the impression that the people behind this index did see it with US eyes ?

Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

and why is it so popular for older people from Scandinavia to move overseas 6 to 7 months a year ??

kalt.jpg

Last edited by Petter; 7th January 2016 at 18:21.