Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By billpay
  • 1 Post By nelsonone
  • 1 Post By nelsonone
  • 1 Post By soupdragon

Thread: Immigration Udon

Immigration Udon

Wow, just got back from doing 90 day check in Udon.
    I brought nothing with me except my passport.
    I only waited about five minutes, then handed officer my passport.
    He said he had only Phuket address in computer and wanted to see my Udon address papers
    I told him that I did not bring them. He asked where I lived in Udon, so I told him Pumpini Condos.
    I did not even know my address or condo#.

Anyway, he went ahead and gave me my 90day stamp. He told me to bring paperwork next time.
    Did not think anything could be so easy in Thailand. Shocking really.
    Pablo and geir like this.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

He was probably too tired to deal with it all...being Friday, and wanting to go the fcuk home for the weekend, and looking forward to the holiday next week...wasn't worth the effort to be a prick..you got away with one this time

I have friends in the region and other Issan areas...they all tell me how much less of an ordeal it is to deal with local Imm out there than it is in other tourist/farang centric places...

I just got my 12 months retirement extension today on Samui...I had 3 visits to get this done...they just keep changing the rules at whim...I was told that they would no longer issue 12 month extensions on the same day anymore...
    soupdragon likes this.

I will do mine early next month. It should be easy with a marriage visa, but Ranong Immigration have surprised negatively before............
    I was always getting it in neighboring countries before just to avoid the Ranong guys, but that is put to and end so we'll see what happens.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    I will do mine early next month. It should be easy with a marriage visa, but Ranong Immigration have surprised negatively before............
    I was always getting it in neighboring countries before just to avoid the Ranong guys, but that is put to and end so we'll see what happens.
    I don't want to say that what happens here would be the same as in Ranong Geir however an elderly (Mid 70's) man was in the queue with his very nice, gentle Thai wife alongside me today and this was his 4th visit to renew his "marriage" visa...he was asked for all sorts of weird stuff and last time out they tried to get him to flip over to a retirement visa but he (and she) wasn't having it...mostly because his pension wouldn't add up to 800K without him topping it up out of his savings...and he said he had no need to do that as they can both live comfortably on his pension as it is...(no idea what amount it is but it must be more than 400K right?)

His wife was in her sixties I guess, very attractive for her age, well dressed, spoke beautiful English and was obviously smart and well educated...she seemed more put out and indignant about his treatment than he did...

I really hope that this is just what is happening in Samui atm rather than in other spots...so I will be interested to hear how you get on...I really hope you have a pain free experience mate
    geir likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    I have friends in the region and other Issan areas...they all tell me how much less of an ordeal it is to deal with local Imm out there than it is in other tourist/farang centric places...

I just got my 12 months retirement extension today on Samui...I had 3 visits to get this done...they just keep changing the rules at whim...I was told that they would no longer issue 12 month extensions on the same day anymore...
    Took me a week to do. After jumping through the hoops I was handed my receipt and told to pick my passport up the next day. An hour later I got a call from immigration saying don't go tomorrow instead wait for a home visit from an officer. Turns out my photo of me standing outside the house with the house number clearly visible (on top of the paperwork needed to get the Cert of Residence) wasn't enough to convince them I actually lived at the stated address.

Had to take the exact same photo but this time with me and the officer in shot 555555
    Loop likes this.

In relation to the OP I did a 90 report in Khon Kaen and the fact I was doing it outside of Phuket wasn't even mentioned.