Thread: There's something different about those Chinese..

Progressive Liberalism is a mental disorder, time to M.A.G.A.

Can't say I'm surprised to read this. I'd couple the Thai's with the Chinese, in general,in having a complete disregard for the welfare of any animal. Seeing the Chinese eat anything that moves, I expect the roo was in a pot before he was cold.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised to read this. I'd couple the Thai's with the Chinese, in general,in having a complete disregard for the welfare of any animal. Seeing the Chinese eat anything that moves, I expect the roo was in a pot before he was cold.
    That is a wildly inaccurate assumption Dawsey

Have you been around any Thai people? They have all kinds of pets they take care of very well..............just as we do in the West

Sure.........there are asshole Thais that mistreat animals, especially in tourist areas for financial gain..........but believe me Thais don't have a complete disregard for animals
    I'd say 75% of households in Ao's neighborhood have at least 1 dog, if not more

I was generalising Paul, and I'd stand by what I posted. Zoo's ill treating animals, Soi dogs roaming uncared for, Tiger farms in the north where they are drugged so "we" can say we petted a tiger.

As I say, I'm generalising but I think compared to westerners, Asians have far less regard to animal welfare. The Chinese are the worst of the lot (along with Koreans love of cat/dog meat) with their obsession that animal parts enhance the body.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    I was generalising Paul, and I'd stand by what I posted. Zoo's ill treating animals, Soi dogs roaming uncared for, Tiger farms in the north where they are drugged so "we" can say we petted a tiger.

As I say, I'm generalising but I think compared to westerners, Asians have far less regard to animal welfare. The Chinese are the worst of the lot (along with Koreans love of cat/dog meat) with their obsession that animal parts enhance the body.
    I don't disagree with that......
    But most of that is done for profit

And most Thais do actually care for soi dogs they become familiar with

And as far as non-financial matters......Thais take care of their pets as well as we do