Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qatar Airways?

Qatar Airways?

Anyone here had any experience good or bad using Qatar?

Thanks.

I am happy with them. Have done four return trips with them from Oslo to Bangkok. Fifth booked. Good seats, good entertainment system, unless you are in one of their older planes, very good service. Only bad thing is the changeover at Doha international airport, but this should get better shortly, as they are opening the new Hamad international airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite911 View Post
    I am happy with them. Have done four return trips with them from Oslo to Bangkok. Fifth booked. Good seats, good entertainment system, unless you are in one of their older planes, very good service. Only bad thing is the changeover at Doha international airport, but this should get better shortly, as they are opening the new Hamad international airport.
    I am using them from Chicago to Doha then onto BKK. I think my layover there is just 90 min so guess I can live with that. How have you been last time I saw you was in Phuket Sep 2010. You gave me a ride home from Nicke's house to my hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulf1 View Post
    I am using them from Chicago to Doha then onto BKK. I think my layover there is just 90 min so guess I can live with that. How have you been last time I saw you was in Phuket Sep 2010. You gave me a ride home from Nicke's house to my hotel.
    Sorry, but I do not think that was me. Spent some time in Thailand in 2010, but don't think I visited Phuket at all, and was not in country in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite911 View Post
    Sorry, but I do not think that was me. Spent some time in Thailand in 2010, but don't think I visited Phuket at all, and was not in country in September.
    Sorry about that must have you confused with a previous PI member, I thought his screen name was Snakebite.

service on qatar is really good,but do not have a long layover in doha ,it is a small airport with nil facilties,innit

The airline itself is pretty good and the vast majority of it's aircraft are quite new. As everyone points out though, until they finish the new one, their airport kind of sucks. As long as your layover isnt that long, I'd say it's worth it to use Qatar Air though.

*Edit to add that one of the things I didnt like as of a few years ago was the inability to choose your seat when booking online. Not sure if that's changed.

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    To be honest, I've got no clue where the slogan '5 star airline' comes from. There's absolute zero special about Qatar Air ...
    Except it's better than Emirates...IMHO of course 555

As for the 5 star airlines, it isn't a slogan, it has been voted by members of the public. Seven 5 * airlines in the world, and Qatar is one of them.

5 Star Airline Rating | SKYTRAX
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Now this looks five star 55

Life in fabulous first class - Telegraph
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Im not a fan of Qatar. Always seems to be something wrong when I fly with them. New planes but broken seats, entertainment system not working, dripping aircons, denied boarding on one way tickets etc. and a miserable airport. Give me Emirates any time.

very good in my experience, great service, well looked after, i gotta agree the airport is very dreary , that smoke point you would not find me in there even if i was a smoker 555.
    I flew Etihad last year not too enamoured with them , this time with emirates fingers crossed for a good flight.

i'm going emirates in november,they had a sale in july 535 birmingham to phuket,also they have just won best airline on skytrax for 2013!

worst airline I tried, plane was run down, entertainment system was not working, 30 minutes bus ride from the airplaine to doha terminal both ways, worst food ever in an airport (some sub standard fast food thing, is it so hard to put a mcdonalds ?? ) and nothing to do at the airport. Will never fly again except if it's way cheaper than any other option. I found etihad to be way way better.

Never saw a QA plane that was old... the airline itself isnt very old, so I was under the impression that everything was pretty new.

Totally agree about the airport. Not sure when the new one is supposed to be finished, but it's supposed to be much larger and much nicer. Western contractor Bechtel has been doing most of the work. But that old one, which I flew out of several times when I lived in Doha, totally blew goats. We all just kinda considered it the bad part of being there... that the airport sucked, the planes didnt even dock at the terminal so you were bused- and believe me, it sucks when it's 115+ degrees and you're on a cramped bus as it circles half the airport to drop you at immigration.

I had nightmare with them 6 years ago and haven't used them since. Flying LHR -BKK I missed check-in by 5 minutes and while I was at the desk I could see them putting stand-by passengers in our seats. They cancelled the entire reservation including return flights and resold them, apparently all in the 5 minutes after the check-in closed. It's a very long story which ended up costing me a lot of money and three missed working days.

Screw me once I say.

I though they were great, good service on the flight and a damn good ride afterwards (x3).
    Wouldn't fly them if not on a 1st world country passport.

IMG_4093.jpgIMG_4086.jpgIMG_4088.jpgIMG_4091.jpg
    had to get these off my desktop... Splurged for EVA to the states last June. 3750 US which for such a distance I guess is a deal. 13 hour flight and on the rebound slept thru a steak dinner though offered when I woke. I declined already feeling bloated from a great meal at a friends before boarding. Would never had spent on this before but after bs with LAX 2 trips 2 years earlier when I lost my dad I treated myself. I didnt find value in the lounges offered at the airports and the food offered was crap. The food on the flight was great, but I was bumped to business once on NWA and asked for the omlette and sausages they were getting in coach. Probably on the wrong side of the fence on this, but I like airline food.

To be honest, I've got no clue where the slogan '5 star airline' comes from. There's absolute zero special about Qatar Air ...
    try KLM or Lufthansa,BA and SAS, the you anderstand

Have used them with business tickets a couple of times now down to work,best so far from me ,their new lounge in Doha is superb
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

qatar airline a good airline it is well decorated, well seated well organized and good serviced about 10 years ago but it does not entertained me much its entertainment is not working its service was also not well

The 5* status is bought from Skytrax, they are generally pretty good though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast