Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Cashpoint February 2014 TR – A Tale of Two Cities

Cashpoint February 2014 TR – A Tale of Two Cities

Finally have gotten round to post my latest TR.

A brief introduction. I had an (almost) two week trip to Phnom Penh and Thailand. The plan was to go first to PP, then Pattaya for a couple of days and pick up Bee (of which more later) followed by a relaxing five or six days in Samui. It didn’t work out quite like that.

Friday 31 January
    Landed at Swampy and then had a bit of a wait until the BKK airways flight to PP so went down to the food court on the ground floor for some congee. This place seems to be the most popular with the Thai workers at the airport and serves good, and cheap, food. As you exit arrivals it is on your left and on the ground floor (right by the lift which does not, however, stop on the arrivals level and very near the ticket counter for the Pattaya buses).

Finally got onto the flight to PP. From landing through to getting my luggage was less then 30 minutes – excellent. Taxi into town (USD9) to the Hotel California 2.

I had arranged to meet NeedHoliday who had arrived a day early. After looking suspiciously at each other we introduced ourselves, had a bite to eat at Cali 2 (where a teacher proceeded to bore the pants off us about Angeles City) and he took me onto street 104.

Airforce bar. Anna. Big tits

Something bar – Sre Mon. All over me

Dara. Rose Bar. Older

69 bar

Then Firebar (which was NH's base for his trip - he was on a mission to sleep with every girl there....).

I then went back to Airforce bar (no – too business like), Rose Bar (no – wanted USD100). Barfined the girl from something bar but she was too drunk and so back to firebar and barfined Farang / Barang (?). Older, slightly chunky but enthusiastic.

Sounds like a helluva start! What were your impressions so far of the city and the gals?

*EDIT* Also, wow, holy shit! $100??? She was really taking the piss there. I get annoyed at chicks wanting $50 in PP. If you get the FL's, they're usually happy w/ $30-$35 LT or $25 ST. Of course, prices vary depending on the situation... they probably increase the drunker you seem.
    Last edited by WarProfiteer; 3rd March 2014 at 13:40.

Something bar.. can't remember the name either but I thought you took photos to remember

Was nice to meet you anyway, definitely more of an interesting trip for you than me! I was sure the girl from Airforce would have been game but maybe her ample assets often let her ask for more money and get away with it. Also a shame the second one was drunk, she was feisty.

And the count is still officially only 2 from FireBar lol, not my fault one took a few days off and the other happily obliged to fill in

Only 2?? Sure you weren't tempted by the girl in the glasses (who looked a little out of place in the bar to be honest). It was good to meet you and hopefully we'll do it again. It didn't work out with Amber or in Pattaya but I came back to PP for the second part of my trip and had a reasonable time. I liked PP and I will be back.

Just checked the photos - it was Zanzi Bar!

Was very impressed with the selection of women with nice assets in Airforce and not fake either, well except for that ladyboy but that's in my trip report 555.

^ breasts....one of the bonuses of cambo...

I can honestly say, if not for the she-wok, I probably would've moved to PP a while ago. I like Jim, I like Scott, I like the prices of things and I like the thought of getting away to the beach for a bit if I need a change. Not sure if I could stay forever, but I could do 6 months easily.
    Last edited by WarProfiteer; 3rd March 2014 at 19:07.

Saturday 1 February

Up at 11. Tuk tuk to killing fields and then S21. You can read much about it online but the two things that I will remember are:

- The fact that there are some 300 killing fields around the country; and
    - The photos of the victims shown in S21.

It was also hard to believe that we (by we I mean the West) let Pol Pot retain his UN seat as the official Cambodian representative after his removal by the Vietnamese.

I was on a bit of a downer for some reason. NH took me to Big Mamas bar where we played pool (his girl was gorgeous, mine less so).

Can’t remember too much about Saturday but did meet an interesting character (Chris) at Candy Bar who seemed to have spent the last month in PP in an alcoholic / drug induced trance. Declined his offer of Ketamine – I’m not a horse!

Went to Firebar with NH but he said he was going to go home early. Off to Pontoon and Heart of Darkness. Didn’t really have a great time at either to be honest so back to Candy bar and ended up taking Atoo (slightly older lady) from Candy Bar back to bed. Not a success for either of us.

And the next day NH told me that he took all of Firebar off to Pontoon and then shagged almost all of them (Amey and the girl with glasses left out).

Sunday 2 February

Up and out and off to the temples / palace etc. Took a tuk tuk to the palace. Closed (it was noon) so off to street 51. Found the Walkabout, had a couple of drinks and eventually found myself with Amber.

I suspect that she (Amber) is well known to PP residents. Confident, good looking (to me at least) and excellent English. Ended up buying a few drinks for her and her friends and told her that I would give her a call after going round the Palace. No – she was coming with me!

An entertaining trip round the palace and then back to Cali 2 for a very nice two pop Afternoon Delight. We arranged to meet later – at the Walkabout (she is the Queen Bee of the Walkabout as far as I could see) and then dinner at the Riverside Bistro and a bit of a chat.

She admitted to being late 20s. She had a relationship with an Aussie (and lived in Melbourne for some time) before splitting up with him and coming back to Cambodia. It’s fair to say she’s not completely happy about this / him – in Amber’s life you’re either good or bad. There seems to be very little inbetween.

I had promised to go back to Firebar for a drink with Farang and was debating whether to take Amber to not. NH persuaded me it was a good idea. It wasn’t.

Ended up going to a variety of places, had some sort of row with Amber (not sure it was all my fault..), went to Candy Bar (or other way round) then back to Cali 2 about time for the start of the superbowl. Seemed to have lost my wallet and about USD50 as well.

Just something I observed when we hung out... you do tend to have a bad habit of picking one girl, then getting drunk and showing way too much attention to others and ignoring the first one ya already barfined. Drama is going to be the result most of the time at that point. Not saying you did that this time as I wasnt there, just saying it was something I noticed that ya did when ya got a little tipsy. If ya barfine a gal (or just take her out of her preferred FL location), when ya take them elsewhere you still have to engage them in the conversation & activities.

As for me, I'm rel careful about taking gals from one place into another. First off, the gals get territorial sometimes... when another working gal comes into their turf, for whatever reason, there's an increased chance of drama. Secondly, if it's a bar she recommends and she knows someone there, it means you're definitely going to be buying drinks for other gals. I had a bad experience of the first one when I BF'd a gal in Angelwitch, then for some drunken reason I carted her around to Rainbow 4. I think my buddy still hadnt made a choice for the night, so I was trying to keep him company until he locked something in. Anyway, the gals in Rainbow 4 proceeded to start shit with the Angelwitch gal... pointing and scowling and saying F-U (in english). We quickly left under a hail of obscenities.

Anyway, yeah, best to seek out neutral ground or just stay where ya are if you're having fun, imo...

Yeah drama can happen.. But you can also suffer the buying rounds pressure when in home turf where shes on the lady drink thing.

Then again when I have a drink or two inside me, I tend to be quite happy buying the whole bar drinks sometimes.. I just see it as a cost of kicking the party up a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by cashpoint View Post
    I had promised to go back to Firebar for a drink with Farang and was debating whether to take Amber to not. NH persuaded me it was a good idea. It wasn’t.
    Yeah I didn't realise she'd taken a shine to you. I realised when she kept asking me "Is he coming tonight?" that you'd obviously made an impression (won't go into those details, unlike the girls did 555), and then when you called me at FireBar she was sat next to Anna so could hear me talking to you and got all excited. I was thinking "shit.. this isn't going to go well if he walks in with another girl" so I tried to break the ice a bit and said something like "I think he's coming, but maybe with a girl", to try and bring her back down a bit. It kinda worked, but she was a bit upset obviously. I don't think it ended up too bad though, she knew what the deal was and that part of the night seemed okay - I think it was later when you came back with Amber that the girls got a bit defensive, especially as every single one of them knew her from Walkabout/Pontoon and there seemed to be hints of past run-ins or issues.

I didn't get the territorial vibes in PP that I get in LOS but I guess they're there, must put something about BG politics in the Thai guide.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Yeah drama can happen.. But you can also suffer the buying rounds pressure when in home turf where shes on the lady drink thing.

Then again when I have a drink or two inside me, I tend to be quite happy buying the whole bar drinks sometimes.. I just see it as a cost of kicking the party up a notch.
    Good to know I'm not alone.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    I didn't get the territorial vibes in PP that I get in LOS but I guess they're there, must put something about BG politics in the Thai guide.
    You can't just take one in straight away. You gotta let them sniff each other first.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    You can't just take one in straight away. You gotta let them sniff each other first.
    Legit LoL'd at my desk just now... too funny!

It's a small social circle there in PP for the working gals... plenty of past drama around and you just never know who has been into it with who... my best success comes from finding neutral ground... neither staying there, nor going to her "friend's" bar, nor going into another bar... either hit a restaurant if it's early or hit a club if it's later. Depends on the girl and your mood as well...if you feel like partying, stay at her place and spread the drinks around and have some laughs.

OK a few photos. First up are some from Swampy when I first arrived (slightly out of order). The Leicester City shop did not look well patronized I am afraid although fans of the Foxes might like to pop over for a bargain - almost all the merchandise was on sale.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Secondly a few photos of the first night (St 104) when I went out with NH. I am afraid that I was the only person who managed to get excited about the upside down Union Jack in Zanzi Bar (and they wouldn't let me put it the right way round).

And a few more - 69 Bar (which was I think on st 136), Fire Bar, a moto driver (I cannot remember why I took his photo) and Farang the morning after. She was actually a really sweet girl, but not who I wanted to spend the rest of the holiday with.

Monday 3 February
    My last day in PP before a flight to Thailand the next day. Up late. Ended up at Walkabout (W/A) for late lunch drinks. Met Amber. She apologized and back to Cali 2 for another 2 pop Afternoon Delight. I then made a mistake but one which had a (sort of) happy ending. I had not paid Amber any money up to that point but gave her USD100 saying that it was for last night and tonight – and she promised that she would meet up later.

Well the long and the short of it was that she didn’t – she turned her phone off. I went to Firebar and bought a round for all the girls and apologized – they were cool about it. Amey was working very hard for her LD with some Aussie! I ended up wandering between W/A and around st 172 (I thought that Amber worked in a restaurant on 172 – it turned out she did not) until I was propositioned outside the Anti Corruption Unit (corner of 172) by a girl who offered me a blow job for USD5 in a sort of bus shelter (which doubled as a public latrine judging by the smell). Turns out she was a ladyboy. I sort of knew that – see previous TR for my experiences. I accepted.

Ended up in WA and took a girl called Ratana back. Very sweet girl (and I ended up seeing a bit more of her) and started by giving me a really good massage and had a chat with her. It turned out that she had pawned her phone for USD50 so I gave her USD60 the next day.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast