Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By LivinLOS
  • 1 Post By WarProfiteer

Thread: American car restoration in Thailand..

American car restoration in Thailand..

obes and WarProfiteer like this.

It's on my bucket list to own a muscle car once I am settled. Funny, my top 2 contenders that I'd like were shown in that vid... the 69-70 Mach 1 Mustang is one of them, and the other is the 66-67 GTO. There are others I like... 71 Hemi Cuda, 69 Charger, 69 GTX... but the Mach 1 and Goat are probably my fav's.

I love the old chargers.. some superb looking examples.. But then I also like the retro Japper muscle.. Dastun fairlady (240 and 280) even the celica fastback can be made to look great (nearly bought a rotten one up here in CNX to hot rod restore)..

Also think one of those old Chev pickups would be a cool ass way to move a track bike about.

Of course Mark is the man with his retro fords..

I had a Chevy Chevelle from 1967 with a 396 big block with 500hp...............was great fun, but a dangerous toy. I was great going straight ahead, but useless in the curves.
    This was back in Noggieland.....
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

I tend to like the Chevelle better than the most popular muscle car of that era (Camaro)... the SS396 is just an awesome machine.
    geir likes this.

Camaro was a top muscle-car tho I had a 69 Mach 1 as preferred the marque. Tweaked heads, cam and exhaust and could usually go head to head with an SS on the drag strip or around Auckland city in the wee hours. 555
    Cheers, Rob.

I had a 69' Pontiac Firebird 400.

What a great car, I kept it for 20+ years...then the rust started gutting the lower quarters.

Had a speedometer that went to 160 mph, and I tested it several times by outrunning the cops on open long stretches. 555

i drove a (borrowed) 80's model Corvette Stingray around the Cicero Race Circuit in Illinois one afternoon...fkn exhilarating

the only other mc I can remember driving was a hired classic Mustang Convertible (70's model) which I took down Highway One down through Carmel, Big Sur and San Luis Obispo to San Diego

My two uncles had Chargers (they were made in AUS for a while) Monaro's and Ford Falcon GT's that were raced at Bathurst (near Sydney) back in the 70's and one of our first family cars was one of those big old Chevvies that they do up as low riders these days

some nice memories amongst those cars...the first time I did 100mph was with my uncle in his Charger GT.... guess I was about 16-17....he was a bit of a boy racer in his day...cars, trucks, speedboats etc etc

There is a shop in Angeles City that only does mustangs. They do right hand drive conversions and send them to Australia.
    Classic Speed Inc