Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: Dieting while in Asia

Dieting while in Asia

Well we're both serious about it and giving it a try with the help of a dietician friend

86KG & 93KG, we'll see where we are at the end of July 2014

weight loss by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Strictly no carbs & no sugar, get the body to burn fat instead of sugar (Atkins stuff etc....)

So no:

bread
    rice
    potato's
    fruit (full of sugar)
    anything containing sugar (of course)
    no milk (says the lactose is bad and stay away of fat free milk as its full of sugar)

It will be lots of chicken and fish, either grilled/ BBQ's or fried in palm oil, this was last night's feast:

Chicken & veggies (veggies are good).

chicken by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Breakfast - scrambled eggs with cheese, i was shocked when he said cheese was fine (fat) & even bacon in moderation, ok to burn fat.

Drinking - he says vodka is the purest, so vodka with soda and a dash of lime is ok, so not all miserable.

Will let you know how it goes. Day 2 now and im starving already.
    Last edited by 2girls1cup; 1st July 2014 at 21:18.
    Dkdude likes this.
    #MotoAsia - Ultimate motorcycle tours

No exercise? Seriously people can absorb huge amounts of calories with enough exercise to burn it off. Go for a good walk every day before breakfast, with the extra heat it'll be sure to start burning off fat. I eat all of the above although I do watch my sugar intake and I do exercise mainly by walking a lot and generally keeping active, I think it's a key part of an weight reduction/management.

Do a lot of enduro riding, hopefully that will help

Remember breath mints

just be aware that most Thai food you get from a restaurant will contain sugar....sweet is a part of the 4 cornerstones of taste in Thai cuisine along with sour, salt + hot (chili spice)...

most tourist places will do large breakfasts, burgers (just ditch the bun and fries..I ask for an egg and bacon in lieu of those and mostly get it, albeit sometimes at a small surcharge), BBQ chicken, pork, squid, prawns or fish and steaks (expensive and usually not great quality)

I have been eating a diet here (Samui) of no big carbs (no bread, pasta, flour, rice, grains or sugar which is your worst enemy) since the start of this year..I still eat fruit (fructose) but only do so in small amounts between meals..ie at least 2 hours after and before...I've have dropped about 12 kgs so far..

Its doable but it will take a lot of willpower...especially adding holiday mode and booze into the mix
    Last edited by nelsonone; 1st July 2014 at 16:13.
    Dkdude and Waharoa like this.

Some good info there, thank you.

If you wanted to be deep serious about it, you could log your food on FitDay... it spits out your calorie count and nutritional breakdown every day. Nice to know those things so you can modulate as you go.
    2girls1cup likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    If you wanted to be deep serious about it, you could log your food on FitDay... it spits out your calorie count and nutritional breakdown every day. Nice to know those things so you can modulate as you go.
    Tried that before - not easy if you're having cooked meals, especially when you haven't bought the ingredients (eating out). On the other hand it's good and very easy to use (phone app has a barcode scanner) if you've bought brand-name items from the supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post

Will give it a shot - Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2girls1cup View Post
    Dieting while in Asia
    Oxymoron 555

Why not try to just eat one meal a day with no restrictions on what types of food you can eat...takes the pressure off watching what you're buying/ordering and counting calories.
    That combined with sticking to vodka lime and sodas would create a nice calorie deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by ventrios View Post
    Why not try to just eat one meal a day with no restrictions on what types of food you can eat...takes the pressure off watching what you're buying/ordering and counting calories.
    That combined with sticking to vodka lime and sodas would create a nice calorie deficit.
    With the risk of raising the ire of some of you guys: I am loosing 5+ kg every time I go to Thailand - without trying. I am not as hungry in the heat as home in Denmark, thus I often go by the above formula of one meal a day and only drinking diet coke. If I didn't eat candy and ice cream during the day, I probably would disappear all together
    Last edited by Greatdane; 1st July 2014 at 19:54. Reason: Bad English made a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    I am not as hungry in the heat as home in Denmark, thus I often go by the above formula of one meal a day and only drinking diet coke.
    Throw in a few hangovers and the odd bout of gastroenteritis...makes it even easier. 555

Sex does burn a lot of carbs or so I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    Sex does burn a lot of carbs or so I hear.
    Could you be a bit more specific...how much would be burned in 10 seconds for instance? 555

I own a restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    With the risk of raising the ire of some of you guys: I am loosing 5+ kg every time I go to Thailand - without trying. I am not as hungry in the heat as home in Denmark, thus I often go by the above formula of one meal a day and only drinking diet coke. If I didn't eat candy and ice cream during the day, I probably would disappear all together

I think stuffed full of salads and grilled chicken is less painful than a tiny good meal.

Quote Originally Posted by ventrios View Post
    Oxymoron 555

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    What about BJ's?
    Depends if you are giving or receiving.
    geir likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite911 View Post
    Depends if you are giving or receiving.
    On a low-carb diet protein is always good.

feeling sick now...

What took you so long Snakebite ... bait was there for 1h11min 5555
    Maybe he was in the middle of one 5555
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Giving or receiving?
    I'll let that be up to him 555
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast