Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Geespot
  • 1 Post By marc26
  • 4 Post By tnlawyer

Thread: Gifts For Kids

Gifts For Kids

I've been trying to find a non-weird way of asking this question and struggling a bit so a bit of background.

Every year we pitch up in Udon for my travel buddy's daughter's birthday. We must be a bit of a local event because we generally land team handed and my pal likes fairly flash hire cars. He also, quite understandably, spoils his daughter rotten and piles her high with presents.

Next door to where they live is a cousin, a young girl, who gets to watch this carry on and I've always felt terribly guilty about all the flashness that lands aorund the place whenever we turn up. They seem pretty poor but a really nice family and a few years ago I started to take the cousin a gift along so that she was not so left out. It was easy at first because it was soft toys and a hat or something from home but now she's a bit older, I think she's 10, I'm stuck for ideas.

Last year I took her a little tablet PC, I put a few games and a bit of music on it before I went and it went down really well. Now our trip is on the horizon again and I'm a bit flummoxed; I have no experience of buying gifts for kids that age and living in those circumstances so the question is:

What do 10 year old (female) Thai kids need / want?

Obviously can't take it from UK but I would get her a new bike. Prob get one for 1.5 to 3k
    soupdragon likes this.

That's a great idea; i never thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Obviously can't take it from UK but I would get her a new bike. Prob get one for 1.5 to 3k
    took my stepson and niece for bikes when they were about 8 and 9yrs old
    my stepson jumped right in and chose one and the niece(smart as a whip) took her time and chose the good one she wanted and you could see my stepson immediately wish he had taken his time 555

but a bike at 10yrs old is a perfect idea
    Steve@thaib likes this.

For a young Thai kid having a bike is a dream come true. Gives them big face and gives them mobility around the village etc....and of course can get to school

Assuming she doesn't have a new bike already I expect it will blow her mind getting a new bike

I got my daughter a 22 rifle for her 10th birthday, but that's me. A bike is a great idea.