Thread: Sri Lanka good news story

Sri Lanka good news story

After so many years of war..

http://asiancorrespondent.com/127366...to-former-war/

I have never been to Sri Lanka.. Would really like to..

Good to see

had a 2 week trip during their war, around 2000 and really enjoyed the place. Lots for tourists to see and do, very inexpensive (then) and fabulous beaches on the west coast and lots of historical places well worth visiting.
    English is very widely spoken, high level of education and very pleasant people to deal with.

Left convinced that when the war was settled, Sri Lanka will become the tourist Mecca that Thailand was. Better beaches, more to do and see, easy interaction with hotel staff and shop keepers, food interesting, lots better wildlife and safari type tours and all at a fraction of the cost of Thailand. I think the weather was more predictable too if I recall correctly. Just made for package tours out of UK and Europe that would give real value to the clients.

But we prefer Thailand even for all its faults

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Good to see

had a 2 week trip during their war, around 2000 and really enjoyed the place. Lots for tourists to see and do, very inexpensive (then) and fabulous beaches on the west coast and lots of historical places well worth visiting.
    English is very widely spoken, high level of education and very pleasant people to deal with.

Left convinced that when the war was settled, Sri Lanka will become the tourist Mecca that Thailand was. Better beaches, more to do and see, easy interaction with hotel staff and shop keepers, food interesting, lots better wildlife and safari type tours and all at a fraction of the cost of Thailand. I think the weather was more predictable too if I recall correctly. Just made for package tours out of UK and Europe that would give real value to the clients.

But we prefer Thailand even for all its faults
    And the girls in Sri Lanka??? or do none of us like Thailands ladies anymore???55555
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Ahh!! the girls.
    Well no place has everything, and although there are certainly some stunners in Sri Lanka with that dusky Bollywood look and figure, that is not the average. Doubtless there is a scene for P4P but nothing that showed to us.

Thailand does have a delightful feminine uniqueness