Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By K2

Thread: Disneyland Hong Kong

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    197

    Disneyland Hong Kong

    anyone here have any knowledge about disneyland hong kong?...thinking about taking the daughter up there in a few months and just wondering about good central hotels, possibly package deals etc.....anyinfo anyone haswould be appreciated

  2. #2
    Senior Member Dodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,161
    Drf only replied cos I felt sorry for ya!!! no one seems to have been to Disney land Hong Kong. Not too close but maybe of help, I was recently in Sentosa Island Singapore and have in the past been to Disneyland Florida. I did all my research by internet and then decided I'd book stuff to do once there. But I did stay on the Resort Island as I think it means you can get the utmost out of your stay. No need to travel anywhere, just wake up and go, stay as long as you want and then stroll back o your hotel. So my preference if I was going to Disney land Hong Kong, would be to stay as close as possible, even in a Disney Hotel if possible.

    So not first hand knowledge, which I'm sure you were after, but at least a reply to let you know your not alone in Cyberspace anymore!!!5555
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    197
    yeah thanks...I was kind of leaning toward that idea actually

  4. #4
    K2
    K2 is offline
    Super Moderator K2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,543
    I took my son there 3 years ago and stayed here:-

    Hong Kong Hostel | Hong Kong Guesthouse - Hopinn

    Great location and inexpensive but tiny ...extremely tiny room, but as we were traveling around all day, it didnt really matter. Freindly place and clean and very well located.

    I wrote a TR on PI about this HK trip (lost now sadly) - Disneyland is good fun for a whole day and subway goes right there, so no need to pay inflated Disney prices unless you want to.

    Also would recommend highly the Ngong Ping 360 cable car (with glass bottom car) - this was what my son enjoyed the most and of course do the tram up The Peak (Victoria).
    Its My Life .....!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    797
    How old is your daughter? Depending on her age you could probably take her anywhere and tell her it's Disneyland.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Drf only replied cos I felt sorry for ya!!!
    Geez, that's a bit harsh 555
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    112
    Disney land Hong Kong is great for a day as K2 said as its not that big. Your daughter will love the mickey mouse train you get from Hong kong MRT station. They have the daily parade with all the disney characters and lots of kids rides and a train that goes around the whole park. As for adults i can only remember 1 ride, that been star mountain which was good. Things might have changed since i was there 7 years ago but i would recommend it and ill be bringing my own daughter in a few years when she's big enough

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    I took my son there 3 years ago and stayed here:-

    Hong Kong Hostel | Hong Kong Guesthouse - Hopinn

    Great location and inexpensive but tiny ...extremely tiny room, but as we were traveling around all day, it didnt really matter. Freindly place and clean and very well located.

    I wrote a TR on PI about this HK trip (lost now sadly) - Disneyland is good fun for a whole day and subway goes right there, so no need to pay inflated Disney prices unless you want to.

    Also would recommend highly the Ngong Ping 360 cable car (with glass bottom car) - this was what my son enjoyed the most and of course do the tram up The Peak (Victoria).
    so I guess you're suggesting it may be better staying at a less expensive decent place outside of the disney complex???....may be a good idea so as to check out other parts of hong kong and I have no doubt that there is plenty of public transport to get to disney

  8. #8
    Senior Member Dodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Geez, that's a bit harsh 555
    Got some answers for the Doc though, didn't it???? poor old boy wanted to know some stuff about Disneyland for his kids and everyone was ignoring him.
    Last edited by Dodger; 2nd July 2013 at 14:14. Reason: one 't' too many
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

  9. #9
    K2
    K2 is offline
    Super Moderator K2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    so I guess you're suggesting it may be better staying at a less expensive decent place outside of the disney complex???....
    Would not restrict yourself just to Disneyland - while fun, one or 2 days there is probably enough. Suggest you check out Tripadvisor's what to do HK section and see what suits your interests and yep save $$$ on hotels ... especially in cities ... they're just for sleeping in!
    Its My Life .....!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Dodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,161
    Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    yep save $$$ on hotels ... especially in cities ... they're just for sleeping in!
    Father time is not being good to you is it Kev????5555
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

  11. #11
    K2
    K2 is offline
    Super Moderator K2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Father time is not being good to you is it Kev????5555
    Trying to figure out what you mean by that ...??
    Its My Life .....!

  12. #12
    Senior Member Dodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,161
    Some people, maybe a touch younger in mind, maybe not body or soul, do not necessarily only use hotel bedrooms just for sleeping in????5555
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

  13. #13
    K2
    K2 is offline
    Super Moderator K2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,543
    Oh ... well I was with my son ... so extraneous activities not an option. 555
    Its My Life .....!

  14. #14
    Senior Member Dodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,161
    Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Oh ... well I was with my son ... so extraneous activities not an option. 555

    Too much ice sitting pal, or do they not offer single rooms up in CM and your not used to it???555
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

  15. #15
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    Yeah like any good father, put the kid in a private room, lock the door from outside , hit the bars and fuck your brains out. Hmmmmm, not exactly promoting old age parenthood there Bernie................

  16. #16
    Senior Member Dodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,161
    Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Yeah like any good father, put the kid in a private room, lock the door from outside , hit the bars and fuck your brains out. Hmmmmm, not exactly promoting old age parenthood there Bernie................

    You might be right there Geir but its a heck of a lot more fun!!!

    But there again to some, fun means sitting on a block of ice drinking tiger out of a training shoe????5555
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

  17. #17
    K2
    K2 is offline
    Super Moderator K2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    But there again to some, fun means sitting on a block of ice drinking tiger out of a training shoe????5555
    Now that really would be disgusting
    soupdragon likes this.
    Its My Life .....!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •