Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BroTiger
  • 1 Post By Changone

Thread: OK so wheres the scam ??

OK so wheres the scam ??

So I recently saw this..

And my instant reaction was.. Theres a trick cable off camera.. perhaps going into the fan or something, which is then being used to draw from.. That it was a simple hoax..

Then I find this..

Muammer Yildiz: Over-unity Homopolar Electrical Generator -- Patent, articles

Surely over unity such as this should be far bigger news ?? Surely the 'flaw' or trick would be easily exposed ??

There is no such thing as free energy. Come back in a couple months or a year to see where this has gone. I'm betting nowhere. Li-ion batteries are a very dense power source, and likely what's powering these contraptions.
    geir likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BroTiger View Post
    There is no such thing as free energy. Come back in a couple months or a year to see where this has gone. I'm betting nowhere.
    Here we agree.. Not only the physics of it.. But the huge vested interests against it working.

Ever seen the story of the guy who made the plasma engine thing ?? Who had all kinds of strange deal with being arrested and committed ??

Li-ion batteries are a very dense power source, and likely what's powering these contraptions.
    And yet other people are replicating it.. Its being technical inspected by people at a modern western university..

OK so wheres the scam ??

If it's for real, we need to see it in operation for at least 12 hours, better for 24. But the guys in that last video had Shyster written all over their faces. No doubt their carefully selected audience was given a "special investment opportunity" to help the project become commercial.

Theres a few of these.. The sterling engine is one.. People the world over have replicated it, based on online plans and data.. So wheres the flaw..

I dont remember much from school physics level knowledge of thermo dynamics.. But re the 'energy' of magnets.. From what I remember.. In the most simplistic terms.

If you raise something against the force of gravity, it has potential energy.. Stored energy if you like.
    If you raise a magnet, set over another magnet of reverse polarity it is held there..
    Hence the magnetic force is acting resisting the potential energy.. For free.

How does that, or magnetics in general fit into the thermo dynamic laws ??

The Sterling engine requires an external heat source to operate, so no issue there. It is simply an efficient engine for converting thermal energy into kinetic energy. No magic there.

In the case of raising a magnet above another, then potential energy is added during the lift. No energy is used by simply holding one magnet above another, it's equivalent to parking a magnet on a shelf. Kinetic energy (work) is the dot product of Force along the vector of a moving object. If the magnet is allowed to fall, then the force of gravity is at work.

Quote Originally Posted by BroTiger View Post
    The Sterling engine requires an external heat source to operate, so no issue there. It is simply an efficient engine for converting thermal energy into kinetic energy. No magic there.
    Then perhaps I have the name wrong from memory.. in a rush today but will dig the engine name out when I have time..

How does that, or magnetics in general fit into the thermo dynamic laws ??

Well that's simple.

All you need is a breakthrough theory of quantum gravity which reconciles general relativity with quantum mechanics and you're away...555
    LivinLOS likes this.

OK it wasnt the stirling engine it was the GEET engine..

100s of clips and demos online.. All kinds of people, students, kids etc have made them function.. Running will all kinds of fuel systems.. Yet getting a logical clear breakdown of why it works or how it works ?? I havent seen one.. Is it just running on fuel vapors ??? Thats about all I could guess..

Couldn't finish the video... Guys too much of a douchebag.

Yeah the tangent was more theres 100s of those made by all kinds of people.. So that leads me to think theres something to it, as its not one snake oil salesman trying to pull a fast one..

However thats a wide tangent from the magnetic motors which initially caught my interest.. .

OK so wheres the scam ??

I'm sure there are all sorts of ways of making small motors run more efficiently on a small amount of fuel. Question is, how much power are they really producing? Could you still mow your lawn with this one after shutting off the exhaust?
    These types of motors are variations on Carnot engines, which produce work through the process of transferring energy from a hotter region to a colder one. Their maximum efficiency is determined by the temperature differential between the two heat reservoirs. It is only possible to achieve 100% efficiency when the cold reservoir is at absolute zero. See the Wikipedia article:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnot_heat_engine
    Last edited by BroTiger; 22nd September 2015 at 21:53.

Never read of that engine system before.. Will have a dig later in the day..