Thread: Long shot.. Anyone have VoIP / SiP Phone experience ??

Long shot.. Anyone have VoIP / SiP Phone experience ??

Seems I am going to need to know much more about this than I do..

Anyone use them in a corporate environment ?? I dont mean a cheap way for calling mother.. I need to set up a corporate switchboard type system, sales team on one number with next available operator for a subset, direct lines, voicemail, etc.. PC desktop, physical hardware, and android clients.

Need to make a geographically diverse team appear in a centralized location.. Cant be flaky, must be rock solid stable and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Seems I am going to need to know much more about this than I do..

Anyone use them in a corporate environment ?? I dont mean a cheap way for calling mother.. I need to set up a corporate switchboard type system, sales team on one number with next available operator for a subset, direct lines, voicemail, etc.. PC desktop, physical hardware, and android clients.

Need to make a geographically diverse team appear in a centralized location.. Cant be flaky, must be rock solid stable and reliable.
    Yes......all of our phones are VoIP
    But what do you need to know?

We use Cisco system VoIP at work.

Many VoIP PBX systems out there (free and commercial). Google "hosted PBX" or "virtual PBX" depending on how you want to host it. Depends how much control you want really - hosting and managing the system will give you flexibility at the cost of operational overhead, or using an existing provider you may find one ticks all the requirements.

DIY solutions I've used before:

https://www.freepbx.org/
    Hosted PBX Phone Systems | Cloud PBX | Virtual PBX | Fonality

You'd then normally setup a subscription with a SIP Trunking provider to provide the actual phone line (PSTN) -> VoIP (SIP) interconnect. Way too many providers to list, but choice may boil down to locality.

Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    We use Cisco system VoIP at work.
    So do we, was using it to call my wife from my laptop while in Shanghai on a recent trip. Worked pretty well even on the crappy hotel wifi.

Same we have a VOIP system in our office too. It's also linked up to our Nairobi office. Call costs are zero.

Thing is most cheap rate calls these days with mobile and landline carriers I think are routed through voip

OK cool... Seems more commonplace in corporate these days..

Do you guys know what protocols and codecs etc are used ?? Or what providers are doing the backend ?? Are you interfacing with mobiles / laptops to it at all ??

As this is going to be a small team I dont want to be doing the backend hardware integration or any of the heavy lifting. I want a system of UK (and maybe netherlands) phone numbers for inbound and will want these numbers to eventually be able to be assigned to

1) A recruitment team, next available operator and call waiting.
    2) A sales team, same next available operator and call waiting. Also direct number to direct person (or extension)
    3) Direct lines for each management person.

1 and 2 should be hardware phones or desktop clients.. While 3 needs to be to either first to hardware and fall back to android mobiles. Probably throw in there fax reception and digitization too, in case they still come up. A nice block of UK numbers sequential.

I need this to all seem like a UK based numbering system but allow connection and use anywhere. Also to maintain plausable deniability to residency location / domicile and permanent establishment in the corporate.. basically an office that isnt an office.

I need to find a good provider of this service.. One with a nice easy to handle control interface to route and reroute the various inbound numbers to end point phones one I can switch on and off for work hours for certain blocks.. One I can add messages and instructions...

Obviously once I commit to printing, advertising, setup etc its hard to change so want a rock solid provider of this service. If its flaky, and not robust the whole thing looks weak.

Cant remember exactly which site I bought from will have to dig it out but this is the latest phone I use + apps on smartphone for when out

VoIP Thailand - Hosted Virtual IP PBX - IP Phones - FRITZ!Box - Grandstream GXP2140 Enterprise IP Telephone

Good company for numbers and incoming although I use a different company for outgoing calls (much cheaper)

VoIP Services (Business VoIP & Fax to Email) - Soho66
    Last edited by davis121; 12th December 2015 at 17:59.