Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Like Tree382Likes

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Sirgezza View Post
    He can take Gideon with him as well IMO.
    You would think that's a given now wouldn't you? How the mighty are fallen, Osbourne was a shoo in for PM before the last budget, he will be on the rock'n'roll by Christmas

Get ready for those long immigration lines (comfy shoes at the airport)

#MotoAsia - Ultimate motorcycle tours

I will be too poor to go on holiday at this rate

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    I will be too poor to go on holiday at this rate
    I'm fairly ignorant as to how markets work but would expect that to stabilise fairly quickly. Baht is holding up ok at the minute though, so maybe holidays will be ok?

Pound lost 10% against the $. Also € lost.
    As Thai Baht follows the $ I guess most holidays got more expensive.
    Guess I could check France, Spain or even Greece

President Trump will assure that Britain will not be forced to "the back of the que", as obama and hillary have suggested.

Donald seems to appreciate independence and freedom more than those two muppets...and fuck globalization!

It would be wonderful to enjoy the "special relationship" between the Yank's and Brit's again.

Surely it can be argued that EEC functioned well before UK (and DK and IE), so it can be argued that EU will function just well without UK.
    One little problem ... When the joining was voted on in 1972 all was different and there was little concern about the finance draining states nor immigration and certainly not ISIS.
    UK is a major contributor to the state to state welfare system in the union.
    IMO UK was not a simple "came and left" event, but likely a devastating blow to EU.

What is next ...
    I can see a modified EU nexus where UK will enter into a relationship that may look like a limited partnership strictly based on trade.
    Kind of like EEC.
    I can also see other countries raising similar referendums.
    Denmark and Sweden being next.
    The Netherlands should be next based on their highest outflow of money per capita, and after the UK (maybe DK and SE) departure that will become increasingly uncomfortable.
    France will hold for a while, but if DK, SE and NL leaves it too will have a referendum and if that is successful it will leave Merkel holding the money bag.
    She largely created the problem and her support will fade and EU will blow up.
    Steve@thaib and Dkdude like this.

Never mind all this talk of markets and money, does this mean they can no longer tell me which stinky cheeses I can or cannot eat ?
    LivinLOS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    Never mind all this talk of markets and money, does this mean they can no longer tell me which stinky cheeses I can or cannot eat ?
    Yes it does, also how curly your cucumbers are and which side of the road you ought to be driving on
    soupdragon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    President Trump will assure that Britain will not be forced to "the back of the que", as obama and hillary have suggested.

Donald seems to appreciate independence and freedom more than those two muppets...and fuck globalization!

It would be wonderful to enjoy the "special relationship" between the Yank's and Brit's again.
    Trump probably can't spell queue. If there is a God ( and I have my doubts ) then I really, really hope He spares us a Trump/Johnson love in.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    Trump probably can't spell queue. If there is a God ( and I have my doubts ) then I really, really hope He spares us a Trump/Johnson love in.
    Apparently, neither can I...555
    Steve@thaib likes this.

#MotoAsia - Ultimate motorcycle tours

Live scenes from the Channel Tunnel......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Waharoa, Dupree and Steve@thaib like this.

With #Brexit and the way the US presidential race is going.... Can we take a mulligan on 2016

Rory McIllroy 55555
    Waharoa likes this.

Hope this gets thrown out....its done now just get on with it!

Brexit: Petition for second EU referendum so popular the government site's crashing | UK | News | The Independent

The 48% of voters who wished to Remain in the European Union are so mortified by the Leave result that a parliamentary petition calling for a second referendum has been set up.
    ‘We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based on a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum,’ it reads.
    At the time of writing, the petition is difficult to access, presumably due to a surge of traffic. The count is at 55,000 right now and climbing at roughly a thousand signatures a minute.
    All petitions to the site that receive over 100,000 signatures must be considered for debate in Parliament, as was the case with the cannabis legalisation one.

Whatever else happens this has been, to my simple mind, a great day for democracy. I voted remain but I honestly feel very proud to be British and be living in a country where what the people say matters.

Quote Originally Posted by davis121 View Post
    That was very clearly set up before the vote so let's not start slinging mud already, Independant should be shamed of themselves but I guess there's worse to come.

Looks like Corbyn is next to get the heave-ho.

Told my dad I voted leave and he's now not talking to me 555
    LivinLOS, Waharoa and NOM1S like this.

Farage showing his best side, couldn't resist this:

Farage.jpg
    Waharoa, Dupree and Stillearly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    Looks like Corbyn is next to get the heave-ho.

Told my dad I voted leave and he's now not talking to me 555
    Seems to be the way it was split, lots of young people wanted to remain. 85% of 18-25 year old's wanted in. The people have spoken though.

EDIT: You wanted out? Oh - misunderstood in my excitement
    Last edited by Steve@thaib; 24th June 2016 at 18:23.

Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast