Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
Results 1,201 to 1,217 of 1217
Like Tree382Likes

Thread: Brexit

Some more. I hope English humour is still allowed after the brexit. I like the Banksy one, or the one on the pram.
    Waharoa. likes this.

Brexit is more like VAR... it seemed like shit when organised by shit people... but when run properly it does what it's supposed to do.. as can Bexit.
    Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.

Pablo, dawsey, Waharoa and 2 others like this.
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

Was it Mark Twain that said it? "Politicians are like diapers, they have to be changed often and for the same reasons.
    Dkdude, kaptainrob and Waharoa. like this.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

"The whole thing’s a major fucking shit storm,” he told us aggressively. “It’s like someone with Irritable Bowel Syndrome has eaten some dodgy shellfish and decided to go on a naked hang gliding trip from one end of the country to the other"

https://wundergroundmusic.com/brexit...-ticket-sales/
    Waharoa. likes this.

I have not followed Brexit as closely as I should, but it more and more looks like a big lie. And that's coming from me who voted no in the EU Norwegian referendum in 1994. I would do exactly the same today.

Theresa May lost the Brexit vote because Brexit was a lie

May was tasked with negotiating a deal that neither she nor anyone else could deliver on.

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    I have not followed Brexit as closely as I should, but it more and more looks like a big lie. And that's coming from me who voted no in the EU Norwegian referendum in 1994. I would do exactly the same today.

Theresa May lost the Brexit vote because Brexit was a lie
    That's why I hope it's a no deal. The longer this has gone on, the more reasons there have been to leave... not leave Europe, but leave that mess that is the EU... I wouldn't be surprised if Germany and France secretly want out too...
    Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.

^ The British public are being denied what they voted for by the very people they elected. I too hope for a "no deal" as May's idea of leaving is not what anyone really wants. Her vision ties us to the EU forever.

The main problem is that those who have been negotiating to leave are Remainers at heart. The only one I had faith in was David Davies and he resigned as Brexit secretary because of May's interference.

Those outside the EU that have any interest in this are probably thinking its been an example on how not to negotiate what the British public voted for.
    Waharoa and K2 like this.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Wow. Finally Brexit
    Attached Images Attached Images

And another one. The "No" have it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Waharoa likes this.

So what do the British think about Boris’s actions? Doesn’t look very democratic to me.

It could come back to bite him on his ass. The leader of the Scottish Conservatives seems to be quitting over it and it’ll be interesting to see how others in his party react.

In trying to silence debate he might find he has given his opposition more ammunition.

Here’s hoping for a short term as PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    So what do the British think about Boris’s actions? Doesn’t look very democratic to me.
    No choice left... I am hoping a brilliant bit of negotiation... take the EU fuckers to the brink... let's see if they are negligent enough to let a no deal happen... Boris certainly doesn't want one...

Meanwhile all the hypocrites claiming "undemocratic" when rather they smell a chance to force an election... selfish cnuts... Boris is being more democratic than any leader since Churchill... and hopefully history judges him thus... viva le Brexit... 55
    dawsey likes this.

So 27 countries and about 300 m people have to agree to everything Boris says, or they are selfish cnuts. No way.
    About 51%of the voters want a Brexit, and part of that wanted a hard Brexit, that is how many people?
    But all the rest are selfish cnuts, because we look for our own interests.
    It is no use discussing the modals of a Brexit, but I just want to know what the British say about putting the parliament in such a position, is that democratic? Looks more like something done by a dictator.

So 27 countries and about 300 m people have to agree to everything Boris says, or they are selfish cnuts. No way.
    About 51%of the voters want a Brexit, and part of that wanted a hard Brexit, that is how many people?
    But all the rest are selfish cnuts, because we look for our own interests.
    It is no use discussing the modals of a Brexit, but I just want to know what the British say about putting the parliament in such a position, is that democratic? Looks more like something done by a dictator.
    It's actually not a lot that needs changing.... all the EU has to do is discuss... or do they want to force a no deal? The last deal Theresa May negotiated is unworkable for the UK... as it puts them into a position where they may never be allowed to leave the EU....

The EU should at least listen to what Boris has to offer... because if a "no deal" is preferable to listening, you wonder at the EU's motivation (And the motivation of those UK politicians playing faux horrified... and they are who I was referring to as selfish cnuts, as they are only interested in one thing... forcing an election.).

And those MPs trying to take no deal off the table are in danger of taking away Boris's biggest negotiation stick... and instead forcing a situation where the UK cannot leave the EU... possibly indefinitely... and surely that is undemocratic as it's working against what the referendum voted for...
    Last edited by Waharoa; 30th August 2019 at 01:07.
    Dkdude likes this.

Well, there is a problem with the border between Ireland and Northern Ireland. For one thing, what about control and taxes? We can’t allow British goods into the EU without control and import taxes, and vice versa. How will you do that? Merkel suggested Boris gave a solution, till now nothing heard.
    And I wonder what a border will do to the peace over there.
    Anyway, goods imported into the EU will still have to be conform EU regulations. You can lower the standards for exporting to other countries, but that will not be so for EU destinations.
    And we discussed 2 years, so up to Boris to find a solution acceptable to us.

Well, there is a problem with the border between Ireland and Northern Ireland. For one thing, what about control and taxes? We can’t allow British goods into the EU without control and import taxes, and vice versa. How will you do that? Merkel suggested Boris gave a solution, till now nothing heard.
    And I wonder what a border will do to the peace over there.
    Anyway, goods imported into the EU will still have to be conform EU regulations. You can lower the standards for exporting to other countries, but that will not be so for EU destinations.
    And we discussed 2 years, so up to Boris to find a solution acceptable to us.
    The border itself isn't the issue as far as negotiations go... that's been kicked down the road by both the EU and UK... the back stop is the issue... or rather the back stop end point (after two years) is the issue... ie the EU could keep the UK in the EU forever if it wished... that's the part of the back stop agreement that needs to be changed..

I think they'll maybe look at changing the back stop from two to three years with a finite end... this will motivate both sides then to find a workable technical solution to the border...

But at present you can't have the EU able to keep the UK in the EU indefinitely... so that's what the discussions will be about... and the threat of a no deal is the carrot to force a resolution... if the other MPs don't screw it up... (for their own political gain) and force us into limbo again for God knows how many years...
    Last edited by Waharoa; 30th August 2019 at 19:53.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061