Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Panama Papers

  1. #1
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153

    The Panama Papers

    I buried the first leak of this in 'Tin Foil' tho its not even that foily really now..

    Iceland to lose its PM ?? Especially after the distrust and banker fatigue Iceland already has..

    Ukraine ??

    Its not so much that people didnt suspect, we all know this goes on.. But it belies the lack of faith in institutions and politicians.. Your gonna hate me for reminding of this, but how isnt this a perfect 4th turning signal... Yet more loss of faith in institutions, the encouragement of a feeling of powerlessness to be truly involved or accountable, etc etc etc.. It nails it.

    Will be very interesting to see how much blowback there is from this.. As I linked in foil, Iceland has a strong possibility that it could now elect the pirate party !! If so what implications does that hold ?? one of them is they have offered Assange citizenship, which I cant help think is interesting considering the source of the leak (ok thats foily !!).

  2. #2
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153

  3. #3
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    TLandHim likes this.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153

  5. #5
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,454
    I just don't think it causes any change
    Unfortunately I think we are all resigned to the fact politicians are scum of the earth
    TLandHim likes this.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    I just don't think it causes any change
    Unfortunately I think we are all resigned to the fact politicians are scum of the earth
    But there will probably be some shuffling of the deckchairs on the Titanic.

  7. #7
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,454
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    But there will probably be some shuffling of the deckchairs on the Titanic.
    Unfortunately, I doubt it

  8. #8
    Senior Member WarProfiteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,031
    What I find shocking is that anyone would be surprised by any of this... what smart person of means doesnt set up emergency outs? Even people who dont have huge means still set up foreign bank accounts as a 'just in case'...

  9. #9
    Senior Member kris-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,803
    I'm actually a bit disappointed that more non standard names are implicated. Iceland PM being the stand out. But none that I can see in upper echelons of British, US or EU gov.




  10. #10
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    ^ Putin's a fairly big name in world politics.....555

  11. #11
    Senior Member kris-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,803
    He falls into standard name you would associate with these things.




  12. #12
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    David Camerons father..

  13. #13
    Senior Member kris-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,803
    Exactly. His father who died before he was PM. And it's not an entirely new story either. I remember watching about his father and the inheritance Dave got when he died. Looks dodgy but feel it's not got any legs. Certainly not in same stratosphere as the shenanigans the Icelandic PM has been up to.




  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    ^ Putin's a fairly big name in world politics.....555
    Seems he is not directly involved. Only his friends kleptocrats around him
    nelsonone likes this.

  15. #15
    Senior Member kris-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,803
    I just read this morning that unlike the wikileakes expose these documents haven't been made public. The reporting could have been pretty selective and the org who got given them are amongst others supported by Soros' org. Obv tin foil hat but could explain the lack of big euro/American politicos implicated.




  16. #16
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    I just read this morning that unlike the wikileakes expose these documents haven't been made public. The reporting could have been pretty selective and the org who got given them are amongst others supported by Soros' org. Obv tin foil hat but could explain the lack of big euro/American politicos implicated.
    yes.. Thats why the focus on Putin seems to be fishy..

    Waiting for the bundle to drop (which I feel it will).
    kris-one likes this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Waharoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,095
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    yes.. Thats why the focus on Putin seems to be fishy..

    Waiting for the bundle to drop (which I feel it will).
    Not to mention the Chinese...

  18. #18
    Senior Member Robaht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    598
    Did you ever read the book Red Notice by Bill Browder? He makes an assumption that once Bill Browder managed to clean a few billion $ out of Russia by pulling down a few of the "20" oligarchs in Russia, that the remaining ones went to Putin and "sold out" to keep most of what they had. This would seem to confirm in a way that Putin did get some big payoffs for protecting these guys. Hope I didn't just Pelican Brief myself LOL. Cheers!!!

  19. #19
    Senior Member Petter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    309
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by Robaht View Post
    Did you ever read the book Red Notice by Bill Browder? He makes an assumption that once Bill Browder managed to clean a few billion $ out of Russia by pulling down a few of the "20" oligarchs in Russia, that the remaining ones went to Putin and "sold out" to keep most of what they had. This would seem to confirm in a way that Putin did get some big payoffs for protecting these guys. Hope I didn't just Pelican Brief myself LOL. Cheers!!!
    Thanks for that
    Bill Browder's Wikipedia entry looks pretty interesting.
    I'll get a hard copy of that. Not sure I want an electronic copy traced back during my travels 555
    Last edited by TLandHim; 6th April 2016 at 14:30.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •