Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 586
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Bitcoins

  1. #561
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,261
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDK View Post
    I Never called you social awkward (There are two w's there)
    Making a challenge as you did was, however, a bit awkward ... and not clever.
    Most people who have met you say you have the personality of a doorknob.
    But you've been pretty clever here.....You should try to do that in real life.

    You know......So people don't say you have the personality of a doorknob

  2. #562
    Senior Member MrDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    703
    You have made a BIG BOLD statement ... Like I will pay USD10,000 ... AGAIN
    Please post a list of "MOST people who have met me"
    You should not make such statements if you cannot follow through.
    You, sir, have the integrity of a FAKE
    Last edited by MrDK; 6th January 2017 at 13:01.

  3. #563
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,261
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDK View Post
    You have made a BIG BOLD statement ... Like I will pay USD10,000 ... AGAIN
    Please post a list of "MOST people who have met me"
    You should not make such statements if you cannot follow through.
    You, sir, have the integrity of a FAKE
    Oops.....Someone is flustered. 555

    Now, if you want to try and bust balls, keep it in that shit Trump blog that Sefton created.

    Don't ruin the forum like a dope

  4. #564
    Senior Member MrDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Oops.....Someone is flustered. 555

    Now, if you want to try and bust balls, keep it in that shit Trump blog that Sefton created.

    Don't ruin the forum like a dope
    Sir, you made a grand statement in this thread about me and "most people"
    You brought it up here and I ask you to step up to the plate here
    I do not care if you are fluttered, FINISH what you started.

  5. #565
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDK View Post
    Sir, you made a grand statement in this thread about me and "most people"
    You brought it up here and I ask you to step up to the plate here
    I do not care if you are fluttered, FINISH what you started.
    I think that if you continue to harp about that money, you will be "finished" soon...5555

  6. #566
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    I think that if you continue to harp about that money, you will be "finished" soon...5555
    As I said.....The nerd made a joke and got excited because he had some "friends" laughing at it.......He's not used to that.

    Then he got stuffed in a locker.......He's very much used to that.

    If he wants to continue his joke that got old 3 days ago, do it in the thread that the forum owner designated it for.

    Don't ruin the forum by posting in every thread when we trying to have a real chat.

    But DK doesn't care about ruining this forum.
    He will just go back to PA with his fellow perverts......Talk about their next round of shirts they gonna buy the girls 555
    Tarzan and andmel like this.

  7. #567
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,066
    https://blockunchained.com/how-chine...21b#.1803hwwtg

    Worth reading.. Corrected a miss conception I had anyway.

  8. #568
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,066
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    And so BTC is now 1036 and ends the year over the 1000.. Up from mid 4s at the end of 2015..

    Certainly makes it the best performing currency on the planet.. Not sure about best performing financial asset ?? Post Trump and rumors of Chinese capital controls hitting it hard.. Also the year we saw India fuck up thier cash system while other countries start the rumor mill on doing similar (Oz has said it may take out high denomination currency)..

    Can it do another 100% gain ?? Personally think that would be a big ask but the whole finite resource thing who knows.
    1220 new highs... 20% on the year already..

  9. #569
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7
    Hey, how many of you now have bitcoins?

  10. #570
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,066
    1300.. 1400.. 1500..

    Anyone trying to trade it.. Watch out in case Bitfinex does another MTGox.

  11. #571
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,066
    1750..

    ...........

  12. #572
    Senior Member sundancekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,933
    So yes, it's been doing well as a stock, or a speculative instrument.

    Will Bitcoin ever start replacing other national currencies as a means of exchange? That's what defines real currencies. As we've discussed before, whenever Bitcoin starts threatening single currency issuers, it can be shut down rather quickly.

  13. #573
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,066
    1800 and rising.. Price is showing demand..

  14. #574
    Senior Member Joeguevara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    304
    Bit bizarre, but I am irelands biggest expert in anti-money laundering, so much so, I was on CNN last week because one of our tier one banks was sanctioned because of breaches in AML. I remember meeting the heads of Mt Gox in Hong Kong about 4 years ago because they wanted to get regulated as a payment institution. They were very professional and knew everything about irelands financial regulation as well as europes....but the reason why I didn't take them on as a client, as well as the reason why the central bank of Ireland didn't take MT GOX as a platform is because they couldn't answer the simple question of "how do you stop criminals using your crypto coins". I am in London at the end of this mont speaking at the world anti money laundering conference and I expect the same question will be asked.

    UK and Ireland were subject to a huge ransom ware cyber security attack at the weekend. Affected systems had to pay in bitcoins. To me that would p1ss me off using them if they are the currency of cyber terrorists...saying that if hard currency was used then that would have to be paid.
    sundancekid likes this.

  15. #575
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeguevara View Post
    Bit bizarre, but I am irelands biggest expert in anti-money laundering, so much so, I was on CNN last week because one of our tier one banks was sanctioned because of breaches in AML. I remember meeting the heads of Mt Gox in Hong Kong about 4 years ago because they wanted to get regulated as a payment institution. They were very professional and knew everything about irelands financial regulation as well as europes....but the reason why I didn't take them on as a client, as well as the reason why the central bank of Ireland didn't take MT GOX as a platform is because they couldn't answer the simple question of "how do you stop criminals using your crypto coins".
    How do you stop criminals using your cash ??

  16. #576
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,066
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Can it do another 100% gain ?? Personally think that would be a big ask but the whole finite resource thing who knows.
    2000 last night on big exchanges and isolated reports of 2200 on thin trade asian ones..

    The 100% took 5 months.. Can it do another 100% by end of year for 400% 12 mo ??

    A better question. When will we see the first western home sold for a single bitcoin ?? This decade or early next ??

  17. #577
    Senior Member Joeguevara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    How do you stop criminals using your cash ??
    You can't. But as always better the devil you know than not. But turns out I was right not taking mt Gox as a client. I I'll believe in bit coin, just not prepared to represent their brokers!

  18. #578
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,066
    2200 2300..

    Accelerating.. Thats 30% of the year end in 2 days..

  19. #579
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,066
    2480.. Parabolic..

    I guess thats the thing with something which has no intrinsic value only scarcity value.. With stocks, or metals, or anything tangible the price reflects the underlying asset, or the time to mine it.. Even scarce items, a classic car, can be remade.. Artworks have a limited market of specific collectors..

    Crypto currencies are really a different thing, there really isnt a tether holding the value down to any anchor if a large population wants to use them.

  20. #580
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,066
    Parabolic got as far as about 2750 and nosediving now back to 23xx

    Get back to 2k or so and would be a chance to establish a position.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •