Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Gold (and Precious Metals)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirgezza View Post
    How are things in last week or so. Venture seems to be in an upswing - is it in low volumes. Maybe sellers withdrawing?
    Still relatively quiet
    People are trying to trade.......the order flow is there, but not much volume around
    Sirgezza likes this.

Getting within spitting distance of all time highs in GBP..
    Stillearly likes this.

Silver lining for my portfolio and a unhedged Japan position. Other then that I'm really scared to log on!

Greenspan Warns A Crisis Is Imminent, Urges A Return To The Gold Standard

If we went back on the gold standard and we adhered to the actual structure of the gold standard as it exited prior to 1913, we'd be fine. Remember that the period 1870 to 1913 was one of the most aggressive periods economically that we've had in the United States, and that was a golden period of the gold standard. I'm known as a gold bug and everyone laughs at me, but why do central banks own gold now?

K2
    ^ Only took to this long in my life to see everything! 55555

He I guess sees that in his fading days - the road he took has down is leading to oblivion!
    Its My Life .....!

Alan Greenspan, Gold and Economic Freedom (1966)

The position he held, forced his to say false things..

Why Greenspan is allowed any sort of platform is beyond me.....

Why ?? Surely on of the best (most inscrutable) Fed heads that have ever had the position ??
    2girls1cup likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Why ?? Surely on of the best (most inscrutable) Fed heads that have ever had the position ??
    You been bleating on for years about normalization and Greenspan deliberately held down interest rates to create the housing boom that was the objective of the administration
    He sat by and extolled the virtues of ARM's and securization

He is one of the people directly responsible for the GFC that you have been harping on for close to a decade

But, now he is supporting gold, so all that is forgotten?

No not at ALL !!!

He absolutely was the architect of the debt issues.. He was massively miss directing when he was a fed head (remember his if you understood that, you didnt understand it) spiel ?? He was a TOTAL manipulator.. But you have to admit, he was fucking good at it !! He spun those plates, for a very long time, and stepped out just in time to pass the problems on.. I tip my hat to that level of machinations !! You have to admire that skill set even if you dont agree with him.

He was pro gold in his youth.. Pretended to be anti gold when it mattered to 'talk his book', and is back to being pro again now hes not got a book to talk.

Really its him, and Volker, the rest have been mediocre or worse. Look at the fumbling and weakness of yellen v the mastery and purposeful missdirection of bubbles greenspan.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    No not at ALL !!!

He absolutely was the architect of the debt issues.. He was massively miss directing when he was a fed head (remember his if you understood that, you didnt understand it) spiel ?? He was a TOTAL manipulator.. But you have to admit, he was fucking good at it !! He spun those plates, for a very long time, and stepped out just in time to pass the problems on.. I tip my hat to that level of machinations !! You have to admire that skill set even if you dont agree with him.

He was pro gold in his youth.. Pretended to be anti gold when it mattered to 'talk his book', and is back to being pro again now hes not got a book to talk.

Really its him, and Volker, the rest have been mediocre or worse. Look at the fumbling and weakness of yellen v the mastery and purposeful missdirection of bubbles greenspan.
    So why give him any sort of platform?

Today in 1971: President Nixon Closes the Gold Window

He went full Ponzi.. You never go full Ponzi.
    Dupree likes this.

Add Soros to the Rothschilds team also..

Filings Reveal That George Soros Has Made A Giant Options Trade - Mike Swanson (08/17/2016) | WallStreetWindow.com

I would emphasize, Soros filings indicate more of a trade and put against the general market.

EDIT :: Oh you could add Icahn too.. Carl Icahn Turns Apocalyptic: "I Am More Hedged Than Ever, A Day Of Reckoning Is Coming"

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617