Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: UK Pension Reforms (2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    We had 1,000 people stepping off fishing boats last week.
    Christmas Island locals say they can be seen on the quay with laptops, briefcases, mobile phones and multi denominations of cash, (but no passport or ID documents of course). They can be seen about six weeks later in the suburbs living in houses that have been found for them, driving cars that have been provided to them (No driving licence needed of course).
    Not allowed to work? Don't really need to, but there's always casual work and they are quickly taken on. Paying tax? You must be joking.......The real refugees are still in some Asian or African UN shitehole.
    Suburbs of Christmas Island? Is their economy that strong>

Tin foil on.

The tourist industry of Christmas Island has been wiped out.
    Who wants to go to a "Refugee holding centre" for their hols?
    Capacity is officially 1,000 but there are 2,049 there.
    The government makes a show of sending them there for public consumption, (Even the ones that sailed into Geraldton harbour recently) then ships them to the mainland shrouded in political secrecy. It's all they can do to keep the lawyers away from them.
    Today they announced that there are 400 whose visas have been rejected, who have been "Released into the community".
    How do they exist without Government support? Non government support agencies. See previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Actually include no access to public housing

But then there is the consideration of voters. The recent decade immigration explosion was due to a secret labour party policy paper that outlined attracting low grade / class immigrants as they felt this was the best way to maintain and grow their votes. How fucked is that? Amazing in democratic free first world UK that a political party puts a whole country's well being at risk to maintain its power base. We are now paying the piper for that secret policy. Enoch Powell was quite a visionary!!!

Big wake up calls this week with UKIP winning lots of local authority seats (they were previously labeled the luny party) Big rush today by the conservatives to emphasise changes in the queens speech to highlight restrictions on immigration

Many of the UK public (me as well still paying huge tax) have had enough of it................I'm all for Sefton's suggestions and retrospectively ship out the ones here who don't qualify
    Enoch Powell had a point for sure, but the UK has always had an immigrant labour force so getting the policy and the numbers right is a blancing act and Labour got it very wrong for a while.

Personally, I hope UKIP don't get a foothold but I can see why they are attractive to so many.

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Actually include no access to public housing
    If I didnt make that clear it should have been.. When I say benefits I mean ALL benefits..

People who want to work, who want to take advantage of opportunity and effort.. Let them come.. The UK has a long history of immigration thats made the country more diverse and added to it in many ways (carnival... The afro carribean immigration / windrush phase) etc etc..

But arriving just to take.. There has to be a way to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    If I didnt make that clear it should have been.. When I say benefits I mean ALL benefits..

People who want to work, who want to take advantage of opportunity and effort.. Let them come.. The UK has a long history of immigration thats made the country more diverse and added to it in many ways (carnival... The afro carribean immigration / windrush phase) etc etc..

But arriving just to take.. There has to be a way to stop it.
    I agree 100%

A lot of people against the Poles and they have affected some labour rates in some labour market areas, but for me in general they are hard working and in employment thus I have no issue with them at all being in the UK

Slightly offtrack but again taking advantage of UK................I know one person who shall remain nameless who has pissed me off.............................she came to the UK on back of marrying an English guy, he gave her a job, roof over her head, fed her, clothed her etc basically did everything. anyway she gets UK passport and citizenship and of course leaves him. She decides Switzerland knocking out happy ending massages are the way to go and off she goes with her UK passport...........another take take take story then leaves with her elevated UK status

In the US immigrants are desired because they do the shit work for shit wages. Typically agriculture produce pickers and restaurant workers. Work that no caucasions will do. Now I know these people do not have the capital for Lil's system. So that wouldn't be acceptable in the US. Are not the immigrants in your respective counties being underpaid for work that no one else will do?

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    In the US immigrants are desired because they do the shit work for shit wages. Typically agriculture produce pickers and restaurant workers. Work that no caucasions will do. Now I know these people do not have the capital for Lil's system. So that wouldn't be acceptable in the US. Are not the immigrants in your respective counties being underpaid for work that no one else will do?
    We have always had an immigrant labour force for the same reasons, jobs that are beneath our dignity etc. Part of the problem now is we don't manufacture like we used to, all the cotton mills are gone and all those jobs are being done in Bangladesh. We don't have the same type of economy as we used to have. There is no point bringing unskilled labour from abroad because there is nothing for them to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    But they find so much money for coyotees to smuggle them over.. Get ripped off by poor employers, have so many other costs..

The UK has Poles coming in for low paid work and for undercutting medium skilled work at lower rates.. For the UK I dont see that this segment is 'needed' as much and we far more need the doctors, lawyers, programmers, etc etc etc.. We want the best not the worst.

K2
    In the UK during in the run up to the 2000 (dot com) bubble and even more acute in the run up to the 2007 (Great Recession) bubble - there was (and perhaps still is) a severe shortage of skilled tradesmen - plumbers etc which the Poles did a grea job filling in for. Have to say with personal experience that givenm the choice I;d rather hire a Pole than a Brit even if on the same wages as their work ethic is far more honed than the typical Brit.

Largely go along with Sef's post #15 - with the additional step of giving a grace period of 12-18 months for those already in the UK to find employment, be taken off benefits and if no productive work found then be deported back to country or origin.
    Its My Life .....!

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Largely go along with Sef's post #15 - with the additional step of giving a grace period of 12-18 months for those already in the UK to find employment, be taken off benefits and if no productive work found then be deported back to country or origin.
    Ha.. Are we not a bunch of cold hearted bastrads lately..

Looks like I found an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Ha.. Are we not a bunch of cold hearted bastrads lately..

Looks like I found an audience.
    555555 try paying tax then you have the right to be cold hearted
    Evilbaz likes this.

How about an "Entry tax"?
    You pay 30,000 cash up front to get into the country and we give you a tax rebate of 50% on every productive dollar you earn and declare over the first two years. No claim? Rinse and repeat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12