Thread: What online tools (social media or productivity) are you using?

What online tools (social media or productivity) are you using?

I am just curious if anybody has recommendations for new programs out there. I've got the obligatory Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn for business but just started using Evernote and really think it is a great tool for collaborating as well as capturing ideas no matter where I am. No need to write it once, then copy it back to a central program, it's automatic.

For my website, it's pretty simple but I've been using Weebly (via blue host) to set it up and find it intuitive and easy, and for the other things you get access to the code so a real webmaster could get in there to adjust things. I was just tipped on Lucidchart.com which helps mindmap and build process flowcharts, but I'm just exploring that for now. Of course, Skype, Dropbox, just wondering if there are any others that are proving useful to you guys? I haven't been using Google+ hangouts at all. I also heard about Trello but haven't explored it yet, for projects and to-do lists etc.

For stocks and charting, I've always been a fan of the stockcharts.com gallery view setting, also have used their premium service so I could draw my own charts and set scan parameters. The other site I use a lot is Tradingday.com which pops up a page of links for the symbol your looking at, among other things.

1. Evernote
    2. Weebly
    3. Lucidchart
    4. Skype
    5. Dropbox

Most of what I have to do revolves around communication..

So went through the skype, viber, hangouts path.. With some whatsapp etc in there.

Google tools, mapping and location services.. Drive.. Gmail.. Calender.. Etc keeps most of the stuff I might need in cloud and often in the phone. Its amazing how much I have shifted to cloud and google for everything. Tempted by a chromeOS device to carry that further.

Got Skype, Tango (phone and see the person), Dropbox, Evernote, Docstogo, papers (or Fifty three, digital sketchbook ala moleskin), just downloaded Front Back, takes a pic of you the same time you take a pic of someone/thing else.

i still use LinkedIn tons to search for new prospects.....just so much info on there for me

i use Line to talk internationally, seems much more clear than Skype

K2
    Viber is the only other (than mainstream) one I use and even works in Myanmar!
    Its My Life .....!

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i use Line to talk internationally, seems much more clear than Skype
    I found line KILLED my battery on android and on an iOS phone.. So much so it only stayed on a few days and I didnt really use it much.

Skype stopped being king of the hill about the day that MS bought it.. Since then the video has barely improved and everything else became bloated and sluggish.. Maybe it works better on Win 8 and WinPhone as a tile ??

If the bandwidth is there (and it usually is with most non developing countries these days) next is a high quality webcam.. Drives me nuts that my old man and brother insist on using a multi year old netbook with low rez cam, when we have to video conf so much, and a high rez logitec is so cheap. While I am pretty Anti-Apple the video cams on the later iPads and 5 etc are really quite clear.