Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Financial company CEO 'suicides'..

Financial company CEO 'suicides'..

Not sure if others have been following this.. But this last month there have been a whole bunch of claimed suicides that family members are disputing as being likely. A few of the fringe blogs and tin foil type ones are maintaining theres a hit list out there on people in the industry that know too much about a market rigging scandal. I have no reason to believe them any more than I have reason to believe these are legit suicides but..

Under investigation, American Title CEO dead in grisly suicide - The Denver Post
    Under investigation, American Title CEO dead in grisly suicide
    By David Migoya

The Denver Post

The founder and CEO of American Title Services in Centennial was found dead in his home this week, the result of self-inflicted wounds from a nail gun, according to the Arapahoe County coroner.

Richard Talley, 57, and the company he founded in 2001 were under investigation by state insurance regulators at the time of his death late Tuesday, an agency spokesman confirmed Thursday.

It was unclear how long the investigation had been ongoing or its primary focus.

A coroner's spokeswoman Thursday said Talley was found in his garage by a family member who called authorities. They said Talley died from seven or eight self-inflicted wounds from a nail gun fired into his torso and head.

Also unclear is whether Talley's suicide was related to the investigation by the Colorado Division of Insurance, which regulates title companies.

The division is a part of the Department of Regulatory Agencies.

DORA spokesman Vince Plymell confirmed that the investigation was focused on Talley and the company but would not provide additional details.

Before coming to Colorado, Talley was a former regional financial officer at Drexel Burnham Lambert in Chicago, where he met his wife, Cheryl, a vice president at the company. The two married in 1989.

Talley had formed a number of companies, some now defunct, according to the Colorado secretary of state's office. Among them: American Escrow, Clear Title, Clear Creek Financial Holdings, Swift Basin, Sumar, American Real Estate Services, and the American Alliance of Real Estate Professionals.

In addition to its headquarters in the Peakview Tower near Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre in the Denver Tech Center, American Title has offices in Pueblo, Brighton, Boulder, Westminster, Lakewood, Wheat Ridge and Fort Collins, according to its website.

Talley's 1989 wedding announcement in the Chicago Tribune noted he was a graduate of the University of Miami and had a graduate degree from Northwestern University's Kellogg Graduate School of Management.

It also said he was "a member of the 1980 U.S. Olympic swimming team." A spokeswoman for USA Swimming on Thursday said Talley was not on the team.

A funeral mass is to be held at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at St. Thomas More Catholic Church in Centennial.
    Personally.. I think 7 or 8 woulds inflicted by a nail gun, isnt an easy way to go and doesnt strike me as the kind of way someone would choose to kill themselves.

A Rash of Deaths and a Missing Reporter – With Ties to Wall Street Investigations

In a span of four days last week, two current executives and one recently retired top ranking executive of major financial firms were found dead. Both media and police have been quick to label the deaths as likely suicides. Missing from the reports is the salient fact that all three of the financial firms the executives worked for are under investigation for potentially serious financial fraud.

The deaths began on Sunday, January 26. London police reported that William Broeksmit, a top executive at Deutsche Bank who had retired in 2013, had been found hanged in his home in the South Kensington section of London. The day after Broeksmit was pronounced dead, Eric Ben-Artzi, a former risk analyst turned whistleblower at Deutsche Bank, was scheduled to speak at Auburn University in Alabama on his allegations that Deutsche had hid $12 billion in losses during the financial crisis with the knowledge of senior executives. Two other whistleblowers have brought similar charges against Deutsche Bank.

Deutsche Bank is also under investigation by global regulators for potentially rigging the foreign exchange markets – an action similar to the charges it settled in 2013 over its traders’ involvement in the rigging of the interest rate benchmark, Libor.

Just two days after Broeksmit’s death, on Tuesday, January 28, a 39-year old American, Gabriel Magee, a Vice President at JPMorgan in London, plunged to his death from the roof of the 33-story European headquarters of JPMorgan in Canary Wharf. According to Magee’s LinkedIn profile, he was involved in “Technical architecture oversight for planning, development, and operation of systems for fixed income securities and interest rate derivatives.”

Magee’s parents, Bill and Nell Magee, are not buying the official story according to press reports and are planning to travel from the United States to London to get at the truth. One of their key issues, which should also trouble the police, is how an employee obtains access to the rooftop of one of the mostly highly secure buildings in London.

Nell Magee was quoted in the London Evening Standard saying her son was “a happy person who was happy with his life.” His friends are equally mystified, stating he was in a happy, long-term relationship with a girlfriend.

JPMorgan is under the same global investigation for potential involvement in rigging foreign exchange rates as is Deutsche Bank. The firm is also said to be under an investigation by the U.S. Senate’s Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations for its involvement in potential misconduct in physical commodities markets in the U.S. and London.

One day after Magee’s death, on Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 50-year old Michael (Mike) Dueker, the Chief Economist at Russell Investments, is said to have died from a 50-foot fall from a highway ramp down an embankment in Washington state. Again, suicide is being presented by media as the likely cause. (Do people holding Ph.D.s really attempt suicide by jumping 50 feet?)

According to Dueker’s official bio, prior to joining Russell Investments, he was an assistant vice president and research economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis from 1991 to 2008. His duties there included serving as an associate editor of the Journal of Business and Economic Statistics. He also was editor of Monetary Trends, a monthly publication of the St. Louis Fed.

Bloomberg News quotes William Poole, former President of the St. Louis Fed from 1998 to 2008, saying “Everyone respected his professional skills and good sense.”

According to a report in the New York Times in November of last year, Russell Investments was one of a number of firms that received subpoenas from New York State regulators who are probing the potential for pay-to-play schemes involving pension funds based in New York. No allegations of wrongdoing have been made against Russell Investments in the matter.

The case of David Bird, the oil markets reporter who had worked at the Wall Street Journal for 20 years and vanished without a trace on the afternoon of January 11, has this in common with the other three tragedies: his work involves a commodities market – oil – which is under investigation by the U.S. Senate’s Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations for possible manipulation. The FBI is involved in the Bird investigation.

Bird left his Long Hill, New Jersey home on that Saturday, telling his wife he was going for a walk. An intentional disappearance is incompatible with the fact that he left the house wearing a bright red jacket and without his life-sustaining medicine he was required to take daily as a result of a liver transplant. Despite a continuous search since his disappearance by hundreds of volunteers, local law enforcement and the FBI, Bird has not been located.

When a series of tragic events involving one industry occur within an 18-day timeframe, the statistical probability of these events being random is remote. According to a number of media reports, JPMorgan is conducting an internal investigation of the death of Gabriel Magee. Given that JPMorgan, Deutsche Bank and Russell Investments are subjects themselves of investigations, a more serious, independent look at these deaths is called for.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Not sure if others have been following this.. But this last month there have been a whole bunch of claimed suicides that family members are disputing as being likely. A few of the fringe blogs and tin foil type ones are maintaining theres a hit list out there on people in the industry that know too much about a market rigging scandal. I have no reason to believe them any more than I have reason to believe these are legit suicides but..

Under investigation, American Title CEO dead in grisly suicide - The Denver Post

Personally.. I think 7 or 8 woulds inflicted by a nail gun, isnt an easy way to go and doesnt strike me as the kind of way someone would choose to kill themselves.
    i couldn't quote the text of the story
    but guys like this always leave me shaking my head
    they are smart enough to start all these companies, shells and stuff like that tells me they would be smart enough to succeed legitimately

now, i don't know if all this guy's companies were scams or whatnot but just sort of reminded me of guys like this...smart enough to know all the tricks but don't use their smarts to make dough legit

But you think he would shoot himself in the head.. 8 times, with a nailgun ??

Theres been so many, and a disappearing reporter.. I have lost track now but these 2 pieces are only a couple of many I have read in the last fortnight.

But you think he would shoot himself in the head.. 8 times, with a nailgun ??

Theres been so many, and a disappearing reporter.. I have lost track now but these 2 pieces are only a couple of many I have read in the last fortnight.
    combined there are about 140k people employed by the 3 companies
    none of the 3 that died seemed to be involved in any sort of job that would be connected to wrongdoings being investigated

the reporter, i believe because i read it while i was in NYC the day it happened, went out during a storm(i could be wrong on that) and it wasn't like he was an investigative reporter exposing anyone, he was reporting the #'s and giving assesments that 1000's of reporters do everyday

i think the tinfoils are a bit bored these days

I think we are up to 6 senior people CEOs and the like (of which there certainly are NOT 140k) in the last 2 weeks.

Many of which are highly suspicious, jumping from short heights, access to closed areas, happy in their lives and relationships, lacking suicide notes etc.

I think we are up to 6 senior people CEOs and the like (of which there certainly are NOT 140k) in the last 2 weeks.

Many of which are highly suspicious, jumping from short heights, access to closed areas, happy in their lives and relationships, lacking suicide notes etc.
    1st off, one out of all them was a CEO,but let's title it CEO's dying
    the article wants to point out that these firms were being investigated but none of their jobs would be anything that would be investigated besides the DB rick officers
    just another ZH story to get the loonies going and drive readership

VP at JPM..
    2 from DB (one a whistleblower)..
    CEO at American Title
    Chief Economist at Russel Investment.
    Missing investigative reporter..

Those are all high position people, this isnt some back office staff or jnr level.. All within weeks of each other.. All with some odd issues (low jump, roof access, suicide death by nailgun, etc) a couple at the same firm.. I think statistically this is at least 'odd'..

Then add in, would you really kill yourself with 8 nailguns to the head ?? Or jumping from a 50 ft wall ??

I am skipping the tata motors guy as he would seem unconnected despite casual similarities.
    Waharoa likes this.

VP at JPM..
    2 from DB (one a whistleblower)..
    CEO at American Title
    Chief Economist at Russel Investment.
    Missing investigative reporter..

Those are all high position people, this isnt some back office staff or jnr level.. All within weeks of each other.. All with some odd issues (low jump, roof access, suicide death by nailgun, etc) a couple at the same firm.. I think statistically this is at least 'odd'..

Then add in, would you really kill yourself with 8 nailguns to the head ?? Or jumping from a 50 ft wall ??

I am skipping the tata motors guy as he would seem unconnected despite casual similarities.
    yeah because the "CEO" of American Title also started such global industry forces like American Escrow and Clear Creek Financing Holdings

and a VP at JPM is as common as a Soi bar owner
    although confusing, because that is the articles aim to push their agenda, the DB whistleblower that was supposed to speak in Alabama did not die, they just decided to add that just in case people weren't reading too clearly and would mistake that he did, as you did

and, because you want to connect the dots, you will categorize the reporter as an "investigative reporter" when all his articles did was decipher the numbers and give an opinion, which may have been contrarian views, but hardly exposing anyone

You almost couldn't make that up. 'Seven or eight' wounds, how can they not know? I wonder what led them to conclude it was suicide? Is it even physically possible to shoot yourself multiple times with a nail gun? What a way to go. I guess suicide isn't the product of a rational mind but even people who aren't thinking straight would see the flaws in a nailgun as the tool of choice for topping themself.

I think we need a new word for this 'Suiciding' - To be 'suicided'; you are such a shitty person that when someone kills you everyone pretends you did it yourself and nobody bothers turning rocks over looking for someone to blame.

Sorry scrub one of the DB ones. I was just making a tally for you..

But the DB one and the JPM one (which I doubt really is as common as a soibar owner) are potentially connected via the same investigation..

For me its the nail gun one tho.. Who does that ??

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    I think we need a new word for this 'Suiciding' - To be 'suicided'; you are such a shitty person that when someone kills you everyone pretends you did it yourself and nobody bothers turning rocks over looking for someone to blame.
    We used to have a saying in the military... "being volunteered". Also known as "volun-told".

Did you hear there's some kind of military fair going on this weekend?
    Yeah, I'll be working there.
    Really? Why?
    I was volunteered by my boss.

Kinda reminds me of 'being suicided'.
    Steve@thaib likes this.

Another JPM Executive Director found dead in his home age 37 (whats the life insurance tables on these guys) no cause of death yet.

Unverified and of course potentially bullshit rumor being put out..

One other thing he was the head at the program trading desk. Meaning he over saw all of the trades and was familiar with all of the software( trade platforms) that these trades were done in. This job works closely with guess what? That’s right the London desk and who died last week in London? That’s right Gabriel Magee the one who jumped off the 33rd floor. What was his post? Head of IT and trade platforms meaning he had access to info that Ryan Henry Cross would have.
    this is from the same source who said there would be a whole series of these 'suicided bankers' right when the first one or two happened.

I'm not sure that there will be too many tears spilled over 'suicided bankers', but as conspiracy theories go it looks as though it might have some legs.

I remember Dupree saying he was going to take them out one by one... when they least expect it... and he's got a bit of time on his hands...
    slampay, LivinLOS and Dkdude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    I remember Dupree saying he was going to take them out one by one... when they least expect it... and he's got a bit of time on his hands...
    We're they 'violated' first?

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    We're they 'violated' first?
    You mean... did he sing that Beatles song to them... "Hello... Goodbye" first?

Seven banks face new forex market-rigging claims in lawsuit - FT.com

from Barclays, Citigroup, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, JPMorgan, Royal Bank of Scotland and UBS. The banks either declined to comment or did not respond to requests for comment.

Seven banks face new forex market-rigging claims in lawsuit - FT.com

from Barclays, Citigroup, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, JPMorgan, Royal Bank of Scotland and UBS. The banks either declined to comment or did not respond to requests for comment.
    what a bizarre, bizarre world you live in
    pretty much every big bank involved in FX has been under investigation, as seen by the 8 banks you highlighted
    so 2 banks have people die and it is suddenly Zero Dark Thirty 555

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast