Thread: Wanting to open a Brokerage account, suggestions ?

Wanting to open a Brokerage account, suggestions ?

Gents,

I want to open a Brokerage account simply for the reason of receiving some shares from a company floating in Canada in 2 weeks time ....

I'm a non-Res Brit living in Phuket, so any recommendations ?
    Will be in Bangkok Monday if there's options there ?

I do have an HSBC Singapore (basic) account but the brokerage options look like its HK and Sing markets only ...

Thanks in advance ...

Regards,
    Minister.....

Ps I'd prefer it wasn't UK based but OK to open there .....if that was the last resort
    Last edited by SLeesy; 25th April 2014 at 06:45.

K2
    It's likely that your HSBC Sing a/c is your only option as all brokers now required to do ID checks and getting that done (noterised passport, proof of address, tax status etc) in 2 weeks is cutting it fine.

HSBC should be simply able to offer you a share dealing (brokerage account) linked to your existing account with them .... HSBC does have a branch in Silom Road, BKK.
    Its My Life .....!

My brother was trying to open a brokerage account with a non UK address.. Had one hell of a time doing so.. Even with all the docs and address stuff for KYC, it was a huge headache that I dont think he has solved.

Ahhhh ! Thanks anyways Gents, will ring SCB Monday, should be a short phone call me thinks......
    Or a very long one !

Have never opened a trading account, but see that some traders are allowing payments into services like skrill. Anybody had any experience with these kinds of setups?

Found ....http://www.fnsyrus.com/

Opened an account in their offices in CentralWorld Bangkok yesterday, took about an hour and an inch of paperwork,

account takes 3-4 weeks to be actually opened mind !

Regards
    SB

Well this is sorted of related to this thread but also COUP related, I opened the account, transferred money from UK to my SCB account then into Fnsysrus account,
    knowing very little about SET companies was just going go with some local advice and buy a few SET shares for fun...

Is this an OK time, a bad time or a Good time or NobodyReallyKnows time to stick some money in ?

Cheers
    TheMinister

Quote Originally Posted by SLeesy View Post
    Well this is sorted of related to this thread but also COUP related, I opened the account, transferred money from UK to my SCB account then into Fnsysrus account,
    knowing very little about SET companies was just going go with some local advice and buy a few SET shares for fun...

Is this an OK time, a bad time or a Good time or NobodyReallyKnows time to stick some money in ?

Cheers
    TheMinister
    Well...the market hasnt really treated much to the coup.....But i would say to wait and see what happens
    I think it is safe to say you wont miss much outside while this drags down and if some negative events do happen than the market may come off and there may be some opportunity

Wanting to open a Brokerage account, suggestions ?

I wouldn't yet. It's still up 10% since the start of year and only slightly come off after the military involvement. I would wait little bit to see how things pan out.

Or set up an account which drip feeds a fixed amount every month.

Thanks Gents. yeh think I'll drip feed !....