Thread: can this be true

can this be true

Send me only $2 per week and I'll let you know...

K2
    Shocking and these assholes should be legislated against that unless (say) 50% of donations actually go to the intended cause then should be shut down. Setting up a charity simply to feed off peoples good will is a disgrace.
    Its My Life .....!

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Shocking and these assholes should be legislated against that unless (say) 50% of donations actually go to the intended cause then should be shut down. Setting up a charity simply to feed off peoples good will is a disgrace.
    Yes! How dare they steal from the church's and temples and mosques!!

I agree.
    Most of the waste is when a charity uses agencies for fund raising; the pass-through may be as little as 10% and then subtract the charity's own cost.

eastern european gangs are getting involved in charities in ireland. they leave bags at your door to collect your old clothes which they say will be sent to romania lets say. obviously somebody is making big money. two people have been shot in the last year over treading on each others turf,one while he was bringing his kid to school.
    they rake in the money and pay very little tax

Not really charities but the lotteries in the UK don't give as much to 'good causes' as people think.

The Health Lottery , which is specifically designed to raise money for local health causes , only give 20% of the money they raise to good causes.

The National Lottery gives 28% to good causes (basically subsidising government spending ?) but the bit that most people don't realise is that the government also takes 12% in taxes !

K2
    Quote Originally Posted by faultytowers View Post
    The National Lottery gives 28% to good causes (basically subsidising government spending ?) but the bit that most people don't realise is that the government also takes 12% in taxes !
    The lottery itself is a tax on the poor - raking off 12% stinks and no - I didn't know that Faulty.
    Its My Life .....!

The lottery itself is a tax on the poor - raking off 12% stinks and no - I didn't know that Faulty.
    what i find odd/funny is that lottery winnings are taxed as income in the US, not capital gains
    as you said, tax on the poor