Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By LivinLOS
  • 1 Post By Bacon

Thread: Is this cold fusion ???

Is this cold fusion ???

Cold fusion reactor verified by third-party researchers, seems to have 1 million times the energy density of gasoline | ExtremeTech

Tempted to bury this in the tin foil thread but it may be getting serious peer review..
    Waharoa and K2 like this.

Fingers crossed, if only for the health of our planet.

<conspiracy>Hopefully certain fuel competitors won't make it mysteriously vanish</conspiracy>

Yeah, if it is real there'll be a lot of bastards wanting it to evaporate !

I mean.. if this is standing up.. Why isnt this the lead news item (or at least on the news) on every channel in the world..

The implications of successful cold fusion are staggering.. World changing in a period of just a few years..

Yeah, you'll have dress wearing sheikh cnuts and their big oil boyfriends doing everything they can from buying patents to bribery and intimidation to snuff it out.

Sounds tin foily again, but when you look at the ridiculous numbers involved in oil trade it's harder to imagine them not doing everything in their power to stop new, feasible technologies.
    LivinLOS likes this.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I mean.. if this is standing up.. Why isnt this the lead news item (or at least on the news) on every channel in the world..

The implications of successful cold fusion are staggering.. World changing in a period of just a few years..
    The press is probably treating this the same way we have learned to treat things in Thailand. If it looks too good to be true, it probably isn't true. More research is needed.

It's like saying you have invented a perpetual motion machine. The press will ignore it, unless as a funny story.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    The press is probably treating this the same way we have learned to treat things in Thailand. If it looks too good to be true, it probably isn't true. More research is needed.

It's like saying you have invented a perpetual motion machine. The press will ignore it, unless as a funny story.
    Agreed.. But is the duplication of it by other researchers not a big big step in the direction..

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Agreed.. But is the duplication of it by other researchers not a big big step in the direction..
    As I understand it, they have applied for publication, which will mean peer review. If they clear that hurdle, I guess you will be able to read about it in the more serious part of the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post

I personally don't dismiss these things. Electricity was too good to be true as well.

Sending invisible messages through the skies was not only too good to be true, it was downright crazy. Marconi was ridiculed and laughed at for bringing up the subject.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

There is an article on Wiki about this , I know not the most accurate of references but enough links to other sites/publications.

Energy Catalyzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia