Thread: Mobile Tech and telephony..

Mobile Tech and telephony..

Rather than keep clouding up the apple thread on android, apple, tablets and everything.. better to spin this out into a separate one.

As someone who is far more interested in open systems than walled gardens etc I have been following this with interest.

Ubuntu Touch finalized, first phones coming this year

I strongly doubt whether 1.0 will be stiff competition for any of the other formats out there, but now that we are dealing with phones that have ample processing power to handle web apps, high def, all kinds of things which I think 90% of desktop users fall entirely within.. The idea that your phone is potentially also your portable desktop, plugging in via USB3 and interfacing with all your data is a more seamless way, takes on the problem in a way no one else is doing so much.

I wont be rushing to be an early adopter on this, but for sure I would like to have a tinker, maybe next upgrade try and push it onto my nexus before it retires or something.

Exclusive: Upcoming Version Of Google Translate Will Include WordLens Image Translation And Auto-Detection For Conversation Mode

Early days.. And the English Thai google translate is fairly awful right now.. the Thai2English engine is much better..

But this in google glass.. Real time audio and video translation of text in our view.. The next decade is going to be crazy..

Samsung Gear S Review: A phone on your wrist | CTV News

I just cant see any want for one of these personally.. Its not like pulling my phone from my pocket is such a hardship..