Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LivinLOS

Thread: Chinese Kids Driving Supercars: Inside the Secret Southern California Meet-up

Chinese Kids Driving Supercars: Inside the Secret Southern California Meet-up

So... communism, huh? There are quite a few countries in the world, usually those with a truly absurd imbalance between rich and poor, where it is the norm for the very rich to send their children to be educated overseas. Since communism is pretty much dead in all but name in China, the country now has quite a lot of these kids in the US, exported here for education. And in LA, they seem to have formed a sort of subculture of extreme wealth and flashy cars.Since communism is not dead in name, having children so blatantly flaunting their wealth would be unseemly for most of these kids' parents, so this is a rare glimpse into their world.

I carry a lot of high-line stuff (BMW, MBZ, Lexus ect..) and at least once a month we get a pimple faced Chinese kid (student?) come in and pick out a 40k unit and make a call. Bang boom, the money is transferred into our account. Crazy..

I put a ? after student because most are just regular junior college kids, kinda like extended high school.
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

Well, Bill got more customers when he made a Russian menu a couple of years ago - maybe it is time for you to learn Chinese, 555 Also, judging from that video, you are not living up to the full potential - 40k, pfff!
    Last edited by Greatdane; 27th November 2014 at 13:34.

I see it every single day in Vancouver

In Canada a new driver has to have a N sticker on the back of their car.....meaning they been driving less than a year.

I can't even tell you how many Ferraris with N on them I see all the time

It is truly incredible

I read an article yesterday about a couple of young Aussie kids learning Mandarin, so they could get in on the action helping Chinese do business with Australia !

If I had my time over, I reckon there'd be a very good $ to be made, if one could communicate effectively with the Chinese !

We have same here but with the Middle East guys and the Nigerian 'princes'. With their souped up gold mercs and diamond encrusted beemers. You just can't buy class (says the guy passing them in my VW)

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    You just can't buy class (says the guy passing them in my VW)
    Dont knock the mighty VW

Honestly been one of the best cars I ever owned.. No show but just solidly functional for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    I carry a lot of high-line stuff (BMW, MBZ, Lexus ect..) and at least once a month we get a pimple faced Chinese kid (student?) come in and pick out a 40k unit and make a call. Bang boom, the money is transferred into our account. Crazy..

I put a ? after student because most are just regular junior college kids, kinda like extended high school.
    I was on the boat to Samui.. And there was this flawless Chinese girl, absolute knockout model looking.. Stood there in a sundress, going all transparent with the sun behind her, a perfect vision of asian beauty in near naked sillouette.. And there was the fat pimply faced chinese guy taking her photo.. Borderline obese, eyes too close together, the picture of 'none too bright'.. I was just like "please be her brother" but by the way he put his hand on her hip, bets are he wasnt..
    Waharoa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    I read an article yesterday about a couple of young Aussie kids learning Mandarin, so they could get in on the action helping Chinese do business with Australia !

If I had my time over, I reckon there'd be a very good $ to be made, if one could communicate effectively with the Chinese !
    hundreds of thousands of mandarin and cantonese speakers already in OZ..most have chinese parents but are fully assimilated into the AUS workplace and culture...the ship has already sailed

I had 4 mandarin and 6 cantonese speakers working for me....all were chinese (out of about 65 people) back in the late 90's....they were key in the growth of the business

I remember when I worked in a bank in NZ in 1990. Back then you needed $500,000 to live in NZ. The number of times I was depositing cheques for half a million being deposited by young Chinese was staggering even back then... and nowadays, Auckland is a lot like Vancouver in that respect. Full of wealthy Asians...

Commies huh ??

I bought a pair of Ferragamo loafers a few years back
    They were 650cad
    I really struggled for weeks in deciding if I should buy them but I just couldn't find any other ones I liked and knew they'd last for a decade easy.
    I reasoned I make enough money.....just buy the damn shoes....

Go in.....try them on.....making the final decision to plop down the 650.....admittedly feeling good I can buy 650 shoes

This Korean kid walks in.....had to be 25yrs old.......chooses about 6 different pairs of shoes in about 10 minutes and pays and leaves 555

PS......I only buy expensive shoes nowadays. Not 650 each!! But 300-400 per pair. Cheaper in the long run
    They last for ever and keep their form on my Fred Flinstone feet

^Fred goes bare foot... 55

I like to pay for quality footwear. I go thru two pairs of running shoes each year.... and they aren't cheap. But it does make you appreciate good quality comfortable shoes. I bought three pairs of one brand of walking shoe about 8 years ago... and am on my second pair of the three now... they do last... and I walk a lot.