A 21-year-old man accused of involvement in the murder of a teenage boy outside a nightclub in Phnom Penh last year told the municipal court on Thursday that he was at home with his mother when the fatal shooting took place.
Nou Naren, 18, was shot in the head shortly after he and several other youths were kicked out of the Neak Meas nightclub in Russei Keo district for fighting in the early hours of September 1, according to Touch Kimsong, chief of police in the district’s Russei Keo commune.
Mr. Kimsong told the court on Thursday that witnesses identified the shooter as Hang Sopheap, 24, who remains at large. Another young man, Em On, 21, was also identified as an accomplice and is also at large, the police chief said.
Hun Toseiha, on trial on Thursday, was arrested on September 10 for driving Mr. Sopheap to the nightclub and helping him carry out the murder.
On the stand, Mr. Toseiha said he knew nothing about the shooting and had never met Mr. Sopheap, Mr. On or the victim.
Asked where he was during the shooting, he replied: “I was at home with my mother.” A verdict is due August 5.
sony@cambodiadaily.com
© 2016, The Cambodia Daily. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced in print, electronically, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without written permission.
The post Man Denies Involvement In Nightclub Shooting appeared first on The Cambodia Daily.


More...