More than three weeks after a 36-year-old woman died following a breast implant operation at a Phnom Penh clinic, the case has finally been sent to court, though no suspects have been arrested or charged.
Police shuttered Phnom Penh’s De Beaute Clinic on November 21, a day after the death of Ros Sokny from septic shock following a breast implant surgery at the clinic.
The whereabouts of the owner of the clinic and the surgeon who performed the operation are unknown. Chamkar Mon district police chief Khin San said he had already sent the case to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court.
Court spokesman Ly Sophana said prosecutors were investigating the case and “would be responsible…for [finding] individuals who can provide useful information for investigation purposes.”
Phai Veasna, Ros Sokny’s husband, said officials had not contacted him since the death.
“I have not heard anything from the police or the court,” he said, adding that he would come to Phnom Penh after finishing up some business to try to find out more information.
“I want justice for my wife,” he said. “I don’t understand the police’s procedure.”
phearun@cambodiadaily.com
© 2016, The Cambodia Daily. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced in print, electronically, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without written permission.
The post Three Weeks Later, No Arrests in Fatal Surgery Case appeared first on The Cambodia Daily.


More...