(Creative Commons)

As a photographer, I have traveled all over Cambodia but my favorite place is close to home, a two-and-a-half-hour drive from Phnom Penh. Kirirom National Park in Kompong Speu province is a favorite with local residents as a weekend getaway with friends or family, especially for Khmer New Year.The park has a mountain and it takes about an hour to drive from the bottom to the top, fol- lowing a paved road and dirt tracks. Along the way, thereís so much to stop and see, from a lush pine forest to a waterfall and lake, which you can go out on in a small boat made of palm trees.
Itís always cooler on the mountain and in the rainy season, it can get even colder so remember to take warm clothing. If youíre feeling adventurous, you can camp on the mountain too.
My wife and I decided to have our pre-wedding photographs taken at Kirirom with the lake as a backdrop. It will always have a special place in our hearts. (Siv Channa)
If you have an upcoming event you would like to be featured here next*week, drop us a message at calendar@cambodiadaily.com*
© 2017, The Cambodia Daily. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced in print, electronically, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without written permission.
The post Kirirom National Park appeared first on The Cambodia Daily.

More...