Thread: Cambodia itinerary

Cambodia itinerary

If you had 5 days in Cambodia, how would you split it?

2days Siem Rep, 3 days Phnom Phen or vice versa?

you have 5+ hours travelling between the two so you are really only going to get 2 in each anyway

I would spend more time in Siem Reap. Not realy that much to see in PP, the Royal Palace and a few temples not as interesting as in Thailand, plus the Tuol Sleng prison if you want. Angkor is a lot more interesting. That is if you go as a sightseeing tourist. For nightlife, it is the other way round.

I would be partying in PP for 5 days........don't kill your holiday with traveling 555 (buses, taxis, buses, taxis and buses).
    I know you're not going to do that Paulie, but I don't understand people that want to see it all in one holiday. No time to settle inn and relax.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

I haven't been to Siem Reap but I could definitely do everything I wanted to do in PP in 3 days, maybe even 2 (Killing Fields/S21/Gun Range one day, Temples/Markets/Palace another).

I agree with Capt. there's a lot to see around SR , only two days is not really enough
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

one day in Siem Reap was enough for me, Angkor is nice but it got boring quickly

I have zero interest in piles of old stones.. 5 days pp for me..

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    you have 5+ hours travelling between the two so you are really only going to get 2 in each anyway
    we get up early so 5hrs from say 8-1pm really doesn't kill too much of a day

i've never been to SR, so would like to see it........but also want to see how PP has changed

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I have zero interest in piles of old stones.. 5 days pp for me..

to be honest, the details of the ruins doesn't do much for me either........i'd like to see the grand scape of it though
    i am more into landscape and natural sights

and 5 days in PP seems a bit too much for me

Angkor is an amazing place, but one full day of it is enough (for me) and two would be too much. Then on to PP for four days. That is exactly what happened my first time in Cambodia in '05.
    Now I only go to PP....plenty to keep me occupied. I'll be there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    I would be partying in PP for 5 days........don't kill your holiday with traveling 555 (buses, taxis, buses, taxis and buses).
    I know you're not going to do that Paulie, but I don't understand people that want to see it all in one holiday. No time to settle inn and relax.
    i am complete opposite
    i get too antsy after a few days in one place
    i don't mind the travelling as long as i am not hauling bags and i get up fairly early so more times than not, my travelling is done before people getting their day started

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    Angkor is an amazing place, but one full day of it is enough (for me) and two would be too much. Then on to PP for four days. That is exactly what happened my first time in Cambodia in '05.
    Now I only go to PP....plenty to keep me occupied. I'll be there soon.
    one thing, there doesn't seem to be much more than Angkor Wat up there?

we might shoot to Kanachanburi for 2-3 days also and besides the River Kwai there seems be a bunch of other things from Erawan Waterfall, mountainbiking, Hell Fire Pass
    i was actually surprised at how many other activities there were up there

You can fly between SR & PP in a hour, better than a 5-6 hour drive.

Angkor Wat is worth seeing once and there`s also Angkor Thom next door which is much bigger and varied with the big old trees growing over everything and Tomb Raider set etc

I had not enough with 2 days Angkor. There are a lot of outlying temples around it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaynewcastle11 View Post
    You can fly between SR & PP in a hour, better than a 5-6 hour drive.
    you would need to allow for an hour to the airport by taxi....an hour before departure (or risk having your seat given away)....an hour for the flight....and 30 mins from airport to hotel....

that's 3.5 hours to me....easier just to get outta town when it suits in a taxi...much cheaper 2 with 2-3 people

Paulie....2 full days (and nights) in PP will allow you a highlights tour...and 2 full days in Siem Reap at the temples...there is a hell of a lot more to see than just Angkor Wat

if you can get up there by lunch time on day one you could get out to Tonle Sap Fishing Village that afternoon..its a great half day tour

you would need to allow for an hour to the airport by taxi....an hour before departure (or risk having your seat given away)....an hour for the flight....and 30 mins from airport to hotel....

that's 3.5 hours to me....easier just to get outta town when it suits in a taxi...much cheaper 2 with 2-3 people

Paulie....2 full days (and nights) in PP will allow you a highlights tour...and 2 full days in Siem Reap at the temples...there is a hell of a lot more to see than just Angkor Wat

if you can get up there by lunch time on day one you could get out to Tonle Sap Fishing Village that afternoon..its a great half day tour
    Plus what I like in SR is after lunch spent an hour (or2) relaxing at the hotel swimming pool and then continue visiting

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Plus what I like in SR is after lunch spent an hour (or2) relaxing at the hotel swimming pool and then continue visiting
    yes...me too Cappy

i like to get out to the temples early before the crowds in their tourist buses turn up...then come back in for a swim, lunch, another swim and a nap....then head back out late afternoon just as they are returning home..also beats the worst of the heat which can be oppressive

that is how i am
    i'd rather be in a car for an 1hr or 2 more than deal with the airports and getting there
    especially in a new place, where you can see a bit of the country