Thread: UN Report Says 1 in 5 Cambodian Men Have Raped

UN Report Says 1 in 5 Cambodian Men Have Raped

More than 1 in 5 Cambodian men aged between 18 and 49 admit to having raped a woman, and more than half committed their first rape before the age of 20, according to a U.N. report released Tuesday that reveals a culture of violence against women across the Asia-Pacific region. In the first study of its kind, male interviewers surveyed more than 10,000 men and a smaller number of women in Bangladesh, China, Cambodia, Indo*nesia, Sri Lanka and Papua New Guinea to determine the prevalence of physical and sexual violence against women and the reasons behind it.
    The Cambodia Daily.

More...
    Last edited by K2; 12th September 2013 at 03:10.

Ho-ly crap !!

No wonder the girls are so fgreaked out about travelling alone, or in taxis and tuktuks they dont know..

I mean thats a mind blower no ??

Scary......wonder if it's similar numbers in Thailand.............
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Or Norway???
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Or Norway???
    Are you fucking kidding ??

Yes, its called humour?????
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

And these are only the honest rapists!

Same report in BBC article :

BBC News - Almost a quarter of men 'admit to rape in parts of Asia'

The report ties in with a study published in "The Lancet" medical journey which looked specifically at the 9 countries mentioned.

We undertook standardised population-based household surveys with a multistage representative sample of men aged 1849 years in nine sites in Bangladesh, China, Cambodia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, and Papua New Guinea between January, 2011, and December, 2012.
    Cambodia's percentage 20.4% was in the middle of the group , Papua New Guinea Bougainville Island was at the top with 62% !

Prevalence of and factors associated with male perpetration of intimate partner violence: findings from the UN Multi-country Cross-sectional Study on Men and Violence in Asia and the Pacific : The Lancet Global Health

Slow up.............intimate partner violence is now the same as rape???? and anyway Faultster this is not the syrian, anti arab thread, you've wandered in uninvited son!!!5555

It's not rape if the girl dress up sexy and/or showing her hair............Fair enough on the Asian men for just grabbing what is served by Buddha or Allah or the lonely mother next door.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

I have a friend living in Patong that likes to go for a "walk walk walk walk" up the hill at the southern end of Patong Beach for exercise and "water come out" (she thinks sweating is good for her skin), but she refuses to go by herself, even in broad daylight, in case she gets attacked by a "Burma Man"