Thread: Two Explosive Devices Found in Phnom Penh Safely Detonated, Removed

Two Explosive Devices Found in Phnom Penh Safely Detonated, Removed

Bomb disposal experts conducted a controlled explosion on a device discovered near the National Assembly building in Phnom Penh on Friday morning and safely removed a second explosive device, consisting of three M-79 rifle-launched grenade shells,* from a park near the city’s Wat Phnom. The improvised explosive* devices, which were discovered on Friday morning, did not cause any casualties or damage. Sok Sambath, the governor of Daun Penh district where the devices were found, said no one has claimed responsibility and authorities had no suspects yet, though he believed the motive of those who planted the devices was
    © 2013, The Cambodia Daily. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced in print, electronically, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without written permission.

More...

Might only be scare tactics.. But still not good news at all..

This is dragging out..

WTF, who is trying to blow Phmom Penh up??

Could be the opposition, or it could the corrupt govt trying to make themselves look like good guys and opposition look like the bad guys.

I wonder if it ever ends? It was civil war that opened the door to Pol Pot, don't they learn anything from their own history?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    I wonder if it ever ends? It was civil war that opened the door to Pol Pot, don't they learn anything from their own history?
    And HS has been playing that card strongly on the 'a vote for me is a vote for stability' angle..