Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: cybie back to Asia II

Thanks for taking the time to write a TR. Always good to read of other peoples experiences.

Not good to hear about all the dogs roaming around, can't stand the bloody things. Hopefully they don't cause too many problems. I've been to Sri Lanka a few times, & they have a massive dog problem there

Quote Originally Posted by jaynewcastle11 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to write a TR. Always good to read of other peoples experiences.

Not good to hear about all the dogs roaming around, can't stand the bloody things. Hopefully they don't cause too many problems. I've been to Sri Lanka a few times, & they have a massive dog problem there
    I've been to PP twice and can't say I've noticed them much.

Veeb about 5 or 6 times and never noticed them in PP at all either.

Currently in Hong Kong waiting for my flight back to London. I will write a proper trip report when I get back. This time we visited Saigon. Not what I expected. It was nice for the missus as she got her first trip out of her Cambodia. Also a quick stop in Hong Kong. A few things I noticed.

1. When doing a visa application, should you be presentable? I always believe if you are going through a border point/applying for a visa at a consulate, you should look smartish. The only time I don't care is when I am going through England.

I saw people applying for their visa at the Vietnamese consulate at Sihanoukville that I personally wouldn't issue one to. I wore shoes, Jeans and a shirt. Just to appear profesional, and cleaned shaved. Some people came in and the missus commented that and I quote 'he smell worse than your bottom' (sometimes food doesn't always agree with my stomach. At 09.30 you'd think you could use a shower before going?

2. Chinese Tourists. Why do they 1. Feel the need to barge you out the way for their photo, but also 2. Feel that when you are having your photo taken, can just walk in front off.

3. You are going through an immigration checkpoint. Do you not think you should have had your cards filled out before getting to immigration as oppose not to hold up a queue? One the way too Phnom Penh, Dragonair only had the visa forms. The immigration cards and custom cards we got in Phnom Penh. Half the plane didn't bother to fill out the visa forms so quickly they were trying to fill it in. Luckily I had done mine on the plane, paid my $20. Whilst waiting for the visa, I filled in the rest. Got my visa quick and through security. Makes sense.

4. When you turn up at a checkpoint/Check-in dedk do you not think it is a good idea to make sure your passport is at hand at least rather than rummaging through your bag as now you are holding up the queue? A bit of organisation and things keep moving.

Just a few points that have stuck in my head. Has anyone experienced any of these?

Does anyone know what happened to the MTB in Phuket? Curious to see how it is doing?

Ah the joys of travelling, how has something which should be straight forward to some become so complicated to others?

Had most of your issues more than once..............
    The lease finished in MTB not long after Nicke died. It's now called Soi Freedom and Lucy (wonky eye) with her English boyfriend took over the bar, not sure what it's called now.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Little Devil's Bar^
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Had most of your issues more than once..............
    The lease finished in MTB not long after Nicke died. It's now called Soi Freedom and Lucy (wonky eye) with her English boyfriend took over the bar, not sure what it's called now.
    If it is the girl I am thinking off, I vaguely remember taking her to your bar once upon a time. 7 years ago. Wow, how time has flown.

Sounds like you should have taken your hols in Germany.

I'll be interested to hear what you thought of Vietnam...

Welcome back btw.
    Last edited by PadMC; 14th June 2014 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by cybernator_uk View Post
    If it is the girl I am thinking off, I vaguely remember taking her to your bar once upon a time. 7 years ago. Wow, how time has flown.
    Yeah, I think so........................she worked in MTB for years and years
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Quote Originally Posted by cybernator_uk View Post
    Currently in Hong Kong waiting for my flight back to London. I will write a proper trip report when I get back. This time we visited Saigon. Not what I expected. It was nice for the missus as she got her first trip out of her Cambodia. Also a quick stop in Hong Kong. A few things I noticed.

1. When doing a visa application, should you be presentable? I always believe if you are going through a border point/applying for a visa at a consulate, you should look smartish. The only time I don't care is when I am going through England.

I saw people applying for their visa at the Vietnamese consulate at Sihanoukville that I personally wouldn't issue one to. I wore shoes, Jeans and a shirt. Just to appear profesional, and cleaned shaved. Some people came in and the missus commented that and I quote 'he smell worse than your bottom' (sometimes food doesn't always agree with my stomach. At 09.30 you'd think you could use a shower before going?

2. Chinese Tourists. Why do they 1. Feel the need to barge you out the way for their photo, but also 2. Feel that when you are having your photo taken, can just walk in front off.

3. You are going through an immigration checkpoint. Do you not think you should have had your cards filled out before getting to immigration as oppose not to hold up a queue? One the way too Phnom Penh, Dragonair only had the visa forms. The immigration cards and custom cards we got in Phnom Penh. Half the plane didn't bother to fill out the visa forms so quickly they were trying to fill it in. Luckily I had done mine on the plane, paid my $20. Whilst waiting for the visa, I filled in the rest. Got my visa quick and through security. Makes sense.

4. When you turn up at a checkpoint/Check-in dedk do you not think it is a good idea to make sure your passport is at hand at least rather than rummaging through your bag as now you are holding up the queue? A bit of organisation and things keep moving.

Just a few points that have stuck in my head. Has anyone experienced any of these?

Does anyone know what happened to the MTB in Phuket? Curious to see how it is doing?
    We were around a bunch of Chinese tourists in CM. Some of the rudest and nastiest people I've been around. We were at the Walking Market in CM one evening, and this Chinese lady actually pushed my wife backward so she could ask one of the vendors a question. Wife grabbed her by the shoulders and walked her backward, rattling on in Thai the whole time. Also found it amusing at the number of Chinese who have no qualms at all about picking their nose in public. WTF? 55

I'm guessing these Chinese were mainlanders rather than from honkers.I was in rural china for few months back in 2011. After few weeks I didn't think twice of people picking their nose, phleming up huge greenies and taking dumps against a wall.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    I'm guessing these Chinese were mainlanders rather than from honkers.I was in rural china for few months back in 2011. After few weeks I didn't think twice of people picking their nose, phleming up huge greenies and taking dumps against a wall.
    555 and it wasn't like they were trying to be inconspicuous about it. It was a full fledged boring operation.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post

That looks eerily like the moat in Chiang Mai.

Havent noticed any rogue shitters in Phuket yet....but shall be staying vigilant after reading this

Outside the Louvre in Paris, there’s a sign in Mandarin which tells visitors not to defecate in the surrounding grounds. This sign is only written in Mandarin Chinese. No other nationality, it appears, needs to be reminded where it is and is not appropriate to shit in the vicinity of metropolitan France’s art museums. Every other nation on earth understands implicitly the social contract they're signing up to: that, in exchange for their continued participation in art, visitors must shit only within the white porcelain bowls located inside the designated toilet zones. Not on the pavements. Not even in the bins, or on the breakfast bar of their hotel, or between the tits of a passing waitress. Just the toilets, thanks.
    Have the Chinese Replaced Americans As the Worst Tourists in the World? | VICE United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    That looks eerily like the moat in Chiang Mai.
    It is.. That was what kicked off the main anti Chinese thing this year..

That and them going and buying student uniforms, and sitting in on classes in CM uni.. Strange way to spend a holiday !!

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    That and them going and buying student uniforms, and sitting in on classes in CM uni.. Strange way to spend a holiday !!
    Can you get sizes for the larger gent? 555

Quote Originally Posted by ventrios View Post
    Can you get sizes for the larger gent? 555
    Just for the record.. While I may have at times requested 'she' wear her uniform.. I have never considered one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Jasus that's rough.
    JimCA2 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast