Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Get your rabies shots before coming over. Garbage strike.

Get your rabies shots before coming over. Garbage strike.

man those rats are gonna have a field day.....555

The rats were already pretty bad in PP... gonna have a huge spike in population now that they have buffets all over town.

i wonder if their were no hookers if guys would be willing to fly to a place in political turmoil and garbage all over the place

p88sy is a strong pull 555
    kris-one likes this.

This thread has been approved by the Cambodian Tourist Authority

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i wonder if their were no hookers if guys would be willing to fly to a place in political turmoil and garbage all over the place

Without hookers but still the same party vibe in the bars ?? Sure.

Dunno why.. But I love PP for all its failings..

Makes me wonder how Thailand would be with a bit of colonial input and mixing up of the cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by livinlos View Post
    makes me wonder how thailand would be with a bit of colonial input and mixing up of the cultures.
    Awesome !!

If Syria had hookers guys would still be going saying 'what's all the fuss about'
    obes likes this.

Syria does... or at least, did. I'd heard stories from the Kurds I worked with in 2007 about how they'd go to Syria for some really wild parties with villas just full of working girls.

Maybe not so much anymore... but once upon a time, you could have had a curvy arab lass with a tickly mustache in Syria.

So people are just building huge piles of rotting rubbish on the streets ?.great, I'd heard the filth & garbage on the streets was pretty bad anyway, (when they obviously collected some of the rubbish)

IMG_3283.jpg
    Not only the rats.
    ub2yoo likes this.

last trip (Nov last year) I was in Cambodia for 10 days....and went with one FL....hardly my reason for visiting..especially when I have 100's of bars with a thousand BGs within 15 mins up the road

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    last trip (Nov last year) I was in Cambodia for 10 days....and went with one FL....hardly my reason for visiting..especially when I have 100's of bars with a thousand BGs within 15 mins up the road
    i think it is pretty safe to say i won't ever see a hotel owner in Paris telling a bunch of willing visitors to make sure they get their shots because of the massive garabage piles on the street or the political protests 555

PS-I know Jim said it in jest
    Last edited by marc26; 5th February 2014 at 23:08.

^^^^

Paris (the french) have a long history of "garbage strikes" and trash piles, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    ^^^^

Paris (the french) have a long history of "garbage strikes" and trash piles, though.
    Italy etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    ^^^^

Not meaning to derail the topic, but this is a story I think worth telling.

Speaking of (shit) piles made me think of this one time......

I was staying in NYC at the Hilton Hotel at Rockefeller Center.

I went out with a friend for dinner at the Cattleman's East (or West, can't remember) restaurant. A fine steak dinner followed by complimentary brandy, and a fine cigar. (We were dressed in coat and ties)

As we exited the restaurant, there was a bright red colored "stagecoach" parked right in front. It was authentic looking and could have been right out of a Western cowboy film. On the side was the Cattleman's restaurant name etc. On top, were two young guys dressed as cowboys, and in the drivers bench. A team of four horses out in front. 555

We asked them WTF was the deal? They replied that they were there to take any restaurant guests back to their hotel, or wherever. I said that we would appreciate a lift to the Hilton...."sure, no problem". My pal went back into the restaurant to get a couple of glasses of scotch, for us to enjoy on the way home.

We climbed up on top, where there was a passenger bench seat, right behind the drivers. I could hardly keep from laughing, as these drivers were crazy as hell...cutting in between cares and taxis, and yelling "hyaaahhh" as they cracked the reigns. Way too funny.

As we approached Rockefeller Center, the traffic was mad. And the "circle driveway" to the hotel entrance was jammed with long black stretched limousines. (There was an oilman's convention, going on there..arabs, too.) Our stagecoach driver was not timid, and he cracked the reigns an"hyaaaah'd" his way between the limo's and blocked a few, as well.

Jockeying the team to get in front, our driver overshot just a bit, and the big wagon wheels jumped the curb and he stopped us just short of the "red carpet", that was laid out for the dignitaries. The horses were standing right on the carpet though, and one of them decided it was time to loosen his load. He took a nasty looking horsey-shit, right in the middle of the "red carpet". 5555555

It seemed like there were 100 eyes trained on us (from inside the hotel), as we dismounted from the coach and stubbed our stogies out in the entrance ashtray. We gave the drivers a nice tip, and walked into the hotel, with all the crowd of tuxedo clad men, and lovely gowned women, gazing at us in...I don't know what mindset? 55555

A very funny time, for sure!

guys will go to shit hole countries(not calling Cambodia a shit hole, but when trash is laying about it is for the moment) or crazy situations going on if there are hookers
    you know it, i know it
    you can all kid yourself......be my guest
    Last edited by marc26; 6th February 2014 at 08:11.

But doesnt that glorious chaos excite you ??

I dont mean piles of stinking garbage.. I am not defending that.. But I just mean the developing worlds madness. I just get a vibe in the free for all scramble of places like Cambo India Vietnam etc that I dont get in the developed world, a kind of excitement and interest. Go to any 2nd tier city in the UK, anywhere outside of London and its just mundane. I could say the same about most N european cities also, sure theres some architecturally attractive ones, theres some clean ones or ones set in pretty country. But theres so few with that kind of energy. They just feel bland and sanitized.

I really should get my ass over to S America.. Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, etc and see how that mixture, which I am guessing is often halfway between the 2 feels.
    Dkdude and TLandHim like this.

^ yeah..but be honest its only the South American Hookers that interests you 555

Paulie was there recently but didn't inhale 555
    ub2yoo, soupdragon and Dkdude like this.

Its funny tho.. Because as I think about it.. I get a similar buzz from hong kong, despite it being developed and pretty clean.. But I get none of that feeling from singapore. I can get a weak hit of it from Italian cities, or barcelona for example.

So its not purely about mess and developing country status, its something else. Hard to identify.

I have a memory seared into my brain, on I think my first trip here being in bangkok and it had rained really heavily, it was after bars night time and I had this really bubbly girl babbling away in tinglish, that I only half understood and to be honest had sort of stopped listening to, was just washing over me. We were at some roadside noodle cart and I had a buzz on.. The tropical rains, the steam, the neon and reflections of light off the wet, this mad babbling sexy girl, it was total overload.. I clearly remember thinking how it was like an image out of blade runner, but probably wasnt having too many other clear thoughts at that time of night. Just great, and another one of those moments when I fell in love with asia.
    nelsonone and Dkdude like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast