Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By JimCA2
  • 1 Post By nelsonone
  • 2 Post By JimCA2

Thread: Kings Coronation Day

Kings Coronation Day

A few pics from The Kings Coronation Day. Actually on the 29th but I'm not gonna argue when the give you fireworks.

IMG_9427.jpgIMG_9447.jpgIMG_9710.jpgIMG_9707.jpgIMG_9633.jpg

love that shot of the monks Jim....
    JimCA2 likes this.

IMG_9802.jpgIMG_9889.jpgIMG_9859.jpgIMG_9780.jpgIMG_0038.jpg

A few more shots from the following day when they let the masses flock the palace grounds. Traffic is a nightmare and will continue to be an on going issue in Phnom Penh. One of the major reasons this place is losing its charm. The finale token major blast at the end of the firework show blew up on the ground spreading shrapnel to the people around it. If you saw Catch 22, one guy looked similar with his guts hanging out. Pretty popular FB post that went around. He was the only fatality but 3 others survived. The paper reported seven injured total. Typical 3rd world stuff that one must be cognoscente of when around crowds, events, amusement parks etc.
    LivinLOS and nelsonone like this.

Nice shots again, yes the traffic in PP was definitely a problem it was one thing I really noticed when I came home from Cambodia was the lack of motorcycle noise when walking down the street. Just out of curiosity what it is large white building in the last pic?

Its the new sokha hotel thats gone up on the penninsula. it was idle for a while but they have been doing robust construction on it for the past six months.

Could be a nice place to stay to get away from the noise of the traffic, is there much else out on the peninsula like bars or cafes etc?

I havent been over there for years. Its getting more high end as the rich buy up the property. Looked like more of a party on that side for the water festival.