Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Forum speed ??

Los, IMHO I think ads are fine to if kept to the level of PIF, it's the FLASHING ads and number of them on TV thats makes it look ugly and annoying !
    The Adsense "tower" ads to the right on sites are no bother at all, likewise banner ads too ...well from my old eyes that is ...

Why not stick them (ads) on now and we can all start clicking !!!!
    Adsense easy itself to setup, did it myself a few years back ....

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Yeah I like the clean look too.. But as we approach the 6 months server fees time I am going to start to have to work out how to put some ads on, that are discrete and not to flashy and offensive. I have no idea how adsense or banners will work, but I do want the site to carry itself at some point.

Still happens to me. I just ran a tracert that showed .35 of a second to hit the site and the page took 30 seconds or so to load. It could also be something at my end I guess?

No I suspect its something to do with the modsec plug in dealie..

This week ahead looks messy tho.. Unsure I will have time..

Time to put some Google ads on yet LLos ?
    I think ones to the side (Towers? )look fine and they're reasonably clever in spying on you so advertise what might be of interest to the user ...
    Yeah I did the next 6 months in servers and thought about it.. But I also thought about other distractions too...

Strange though I only get about 4 ads, Alzheimer tests, BKK hotels, Bike gear ...and the 4th I cant remember !
    You mean you dont get the penis enlargement, adult diaper combo ?? I thought that was everyone ??
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 3rd November 2013 at 21:40.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123