Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By slimbag

Thread: Account Compromised

Account Compromised

Just alerting here.

Last night one of my primary accounts was compromised (windows live) and while I do not believe thats compromised any of my email accounts, or information which is private, I have to assume that skype contacts, onedrive cloud, and possibly others have been viewed.

Looking at logs there has been an effort for the last few weeks to access this account from IPs all around the globe.

If anyone receives strange messages from me, contact me immediately via an alternative channel. Posting here will alert me also. If anyone wants mobile numbers, secondary emails, or social media you dont have just PM me.

Thanks for the info Sefton.
    How you're OK with the breach (safe I mean)

I believe so, luckily for me the account they accessed, is not an account which has any information in it. My google accounts would have been a huge deal but my microsoft live account is only for physical logging into my laptop (face) and skype. I dont see how they can get any further with it.

On the plus side, the wake up call means I have set up all my domains, email, facebook, etc to use 2 step authentication. Much better idea and should have been in place from the beginning.

probably someone after your bitcoins 555
    Waharoa, LivinLOS and K2 like this.