Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Forum Bugs

Takes quite a long time to open some pages, is it a new server?

Same server...

I also had once or twice pages seem laggy.. Wondered if it was simply my connection v server.. Maybe tho the VB overhead is higher than the more simple SMF. This host I should be able to scale up for cloud services and larger server space but not really wanting to go to a full high monthly cost server if I can avoid it.

OK 24h times set..

Not a big thing, ya' know...but,

Ya' know how when ya' click on the "New Posts" button and the unread posts show up?

And ya' know how when you read the unread posts here, they go from bold to a pale font?

But do ya' remember how in the "old " Vb forum, when ya' read a "new post" it disappeared form the list when you refreshed the New Posts by clicking it again?

It would be nice if the already read posts could be auto-deleted from the New Posts thingy, like before...ya' know?

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Not a big thing, ya' know...but,

Ya' know how when ya' click on the "New Posts" button and the unread posts show up?

And ya' know how when you read the unread posts here, they go from bold to a pale font?

But do ya' remember how in the "old " Vb forum, when ya' read a "new post" it disappeared form the list when you refreshed the New Posts by clicking it again?

It would be nice if the already read posts could be auto-deleted from the New Posts thingy, like before...ya' know?
    Yeah the current 'new posts' doesnt seem to work the same was as the old unread posts..

If you visit the forum, but dont read the posts, it also resets the counter.. I will have a dig..

If you reply to a thread you get logged out quite early, happens to me yesterday while posting
    a longer text. Need to log in again twice. Maybe the auto-log off is a bit short?

Quote Originally Posted by IamMike View Post
    If you reply to a thread you get logged out quite early, happens to me yesterday while posting
    a longer text. Need to log in again twice. Maybe the auto-log off is a bit short?
    Anyone else ??

I am solidly logged in with chrome.. No need for relogging in again..

Not a big thing, i am using firefox.

No problem for me, but I use the "keep me logged inn" function as I switch between different sites.......

Same problem just happened to me , started a new thread but by the time I had written the text and tried to post it I couldn't because I was "logged out".

No big deal , just have to start using the "remember me" button when logging in.

Not a big thing, i am using firefox.
    I don't get booted and I'm also using FF?
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

New Post will show the threads i have read or replied, but not bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    New Post will show the threads i have read or replied, but not bold.
    Same as me. That is how it is supposed to work as well.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Same as me. That is how it is supposed to work as well.
    Ooh sorry, i thought once replied, the post wont show up as new until someone else replied. Cause it was me who replied last or read? Was it the same at PI? I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Ooh sorry, i thought once replied, the post wont show up as new until someone else replied. Cause it was me who replied last or read? Was it the same at PI? I forgot.
    On Pi the tread disappeared from new posts when you have read all the post in the tread

Quote Originally Posted by andmel View Post
    On Pi the tread disappeared from new posts when you have read all the post in the tread
    Aaah thank you !!

Logged in this morning , checked the "Remember Me" box and started reading the new posts. Got side tracked checking e-mails etc (didn't close down this page , just opened seperate window) , when I came back to here to continue reading the new posts ........... there wasn't any !

Seems that if there is no "activity" for a certain amount of time (how long ?) the site automatically 'marks all posts read'.

The "new posts" link didn't work as it assumed I had read all the posts already.

Bit of a pain having to check various threads to find the time of the last post and then go back to find the last post I had read.

Quote Originally Posted by faultytowers View Post
    Logged in this morning , checked the "Remember Me" box and started reading the new posts. Got side tracked checking e-mails etc (didn't close down this page , just opened seperate window) , when I came back to here to continue reading the new posts ........... there wasn't any !

Seems that if there is no "activity" for a certain amount of time (how long ?) the site automatically 'marks all posts read'.

The "new posts" link didn't work as it assumed I had read all the posts already.

Bit of a pain having to check various threads to find the time of the last post and then go back to find the last post I had read.
    Yeah I am finding similar... If you visit and dont read them, they are no longer new activity..

I will have to find out how the unread posts were queried as this isnt it..

A couple of times today I am getting an error when trying to post a reply..

Not seen a pattern yet..

EDIT :: Might be related to posting links... At least the errors have only happened when doing so but now just tested a link and it worked ?? If anyone else sees this and notices a pattern please say so.. Scratching my head as its intermittent...
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 27th April 2013 at 09:46.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Yeah I am finding similar... If you visit and dont read them, they are no longer new activity..

I will have to find out how the unread posts were queried as this isnt it..

Have you been playing with the set-up ?

This morning all O.K , read or marked as read all the new posts , log on this afternoon and have new posts that I have already read ....... because they are 7 days old !

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast