Thread: Some questions about the forum. Searchability and trip reports

Some questions about the forum. Searchability and trip reports

Searchability.. is that even a word? Anyway if it does transpire that this is our new home how do we expect the forum to attract new users? With PI it was pretty straight forward as most people would google phuket or phuket info.

On trip reports are you going to make a 'level 2' type area which is excluded from google searches? Or are TR's here going to be visible to all? And on TR's... can we include nude pics?

PS It's great you have gone to the trouble of setting this up. Appreciate there will be a settling in period.

Thanks

Re: Some questions about the forum. Searchability and trip reports

Currently the whole site is hidden from non members.. That was done specifically as I didn't want it google indexed, and wanted this to be only for the ex members of PI.. The intention was simply a meeting point while PI got fixed, Seo, new members, none of that was intended.

Give it another week or two before I decide how things go from here.

I think you'll find plenty of P-I'ers are finding A-I via Thai dreaming .... I'll bump that thread if there's something new you'd like Google to find.

NB: I think TD inherited a few Members you didn't want :-[ : ???
    Cheers, Rob.

This may not be a popular idea but I'll put it forward anyway.

Legal entitlement of phuket-info.com is tied to the domain name and not "website name" per se. So if it doesn't look like the site may be coming back, you can change the title of these forums(or any website for that matter) to phuket-info and start implementing all the old tags, which would cause Google's databases to start to re-associate the deep reservoir of old links to the new site.

A wealth of meta-tags, appropriate keywords and phrases can be mined from the old website, snapshots of which still exist on Internet Archives.

By the way, if you want a little nostalgia.. here it is. This is a snapshot taken on March 15. Not sure how detailed it is, but a lot of stuff's there. There are also previous ones so a great deal of the old site is still intact and can be easily mined by anyone.

http://web.archive.org/web/201301170...fo.com/forums/

So yeah, for people who understand how Google works, it's possible to pass the new address as phuket-info and get it back on top of the list.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    I think you'll find plenty of P-I'ers are finding A-I via Thai dreaming .... I'll bump that thread if there's something new you'd like Google to find.

NB: I think TD inherited a few Members you didn't want :-[ : ???
    Thanks I just registered there now! Looks like a great forum and tapatalk friendly too yay! Only thing is I think the mods need to activate my account? I registered but can't post yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    This may not be a popular idea but I'll put it forward anyway.

Legal entitlement of phuket-info.com is tied to the domain name and not "website name" per se. So if it doesn't look like the site may be coming back, you can change the title of these forums(or any website for that matter) to phuket-info and start implementing all the old tags, which would cause Google's databases to start to re-associate the deep reservoir of old links to the new site.

A wealth of meta-tags, appropriate keywords and phrases can be mined from the old website, snapshots of which still exist on Internet Archives.

By the way, if you want a little nostalgia.. here it is. This is a snapshot taken on March 15. Not sure how detailed it is, but a lot of stuff's there. There are also previous ones so a great deal of the old site is still intact and can be easily mined by anyone.

http://web.archive.org/web/201301170...fo.com/forums/

So yeah, for people who understand how Google works, it's possible to pass the new address as phuket-info and get it back on top of the list.
    I strongly dont want to go down that road.. For me either PI is on PI name or it isnt anywhere.. I dont want to 'mine' PI for anything.. I dont want to launch something off the back off PI.. And I really dont want to feel like I was using PI to any advantage.

I really hope Nickes parents and his ex wife can come together for the good of the kids, and find some common ground. But if they dont, theres little I can or in fact should, do to change anyones positions. Its their business and not mine to meddle in.

Hi guys, found my way back here. Gutted when I found PI was down. I was going to update my Cambo adventures but not sure if that is allowed as things are up in the air. Btw back in PP december and flying with Qatar airways. Anygood? Anyone can advise what is allowed at this point? Also, how do you pm on here. Tried pming you lil to ask these questions but not sure how to do. Yes, I am retarded, lol.

^ Hiya Tony, Glad you found your way here.
    At present it's not looking good that PI will return. Another couple of weeks should confirm that one way or another.
    In the meantime, feel free to join in here and post your thoughts here.
    Not sure about what seetings LiL made for Post count and PM's but I would think you should be able to PM straight away.

There is a Cambodia section and also a section for all trip reports so take your pick.

Qatar Airways?.. great airline, not so good airport for stop overs. Check you haven't got a long layover because there is very little to do or see in Doha Airport.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

By the time he travels, the new Doha airport should be open. (hopefully). Can only get better.

7 hours. Was on a budget booking this one. At least there will be a smoking room there.

Quote Originally Posted by cybernator_uk View Post
    7 hours. Was on a budget booking this one. At least there will be a smoking room there.
    55 Yep a smoking room from hell.
    Glad I have given them up.
    7 hrs is a long time to kill in Doha Airport.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    55 Yep a smoking room from hell.
    Glad I have given them up.
    7 hrs is a long time to kill in Doha Airport.
    Because of landing time, I can't even go tk Doha. But hey ho, thanks Roger. I will try and pass the time. Got a book and DS just incase. Also thought a Qatar flight to PP would be interesting. I know it has a short stop in HCMC where you don't leave the plane, but hoping this could be a new way to go. Singapore/Cathay got too expensive. Never flown Qatar but if this route does well could lead to a direct route maybe.