Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Site Hacked

Mark Allen is a Muslim??
    Masterwoodsman likes this.

Anyone have a way to trace who the hackers were? are they really muslim, do they do this a lot? did they do it for comments on Syria or Al quaeda, anti Indian stuff or why???

Just cos they can? then why not stay anonymous?

First time it happened when I went to log on, I thought oh ferk I've been hacked!!! sounds selfish but was so relieved when it was AI site and I could just be patient for Lil to sort it. He at least has a fair idea how, where I have no ferking clue, my first move would be to pop down the local mosque I reckon!!5555
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Anyone have a way to trace who the hackers were? are they really muslim, do they do this a lot? did they do it for comments on Syria or Al quaeda, anti Indian stuff or why???

First time it happened when I went to log on, I thought oh ferk I've been hacked!!! sounds selfish but was so relieved when it was AI site and I could just be patient for Lil to sort it. He at least has a fair idea how, where I have no ferking clue, my first move would be to pop down the local mosque I reckon!!5555
    Unfortunately anyone with enough know-how to do what they did would most likely know about proxies or VPN connections that let them do their dirty work anonymously. It would be extremely difficult if not impossible to get them back. In this game, the best defense is a good defense.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

They did it to 100's of sites.. Searching the hack name and the myanmar etc showed many many sites defaced the same way.. Singapore football forums.. Etc etc etc.. They even have a facebook page etc..

Been almost 24h now.. I dont want to get cocky but I think I know what was letting them back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Bragging rights. You can find sites where they tell other hackers what they have hacked. Often it is immature guys that really has nothing to brag about, as they use known security holes and tools that do the work for them. Kind of like bragging about dressing yourself in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Been almost 24h now.. I dont want to get cocky but I think I know what was letting them back in.
    Shhh! You know what happened the last time you were cocky. Great work getting the forum up again - every time.

I dont want to get cocky but I think I know what was letting them back in.
    Was it anything to do with that article I sent over from that computer company out of interest ?

Well done admin

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    Was it anything to do with that article I sent over from that computer company out of interest ?
    No it was my own damn fault.. Didnt think something through clearly enough.. Didnt dot every i

Wait until a week passes.. Then can feel like the holes are closed.

just got an email from a major photog forum that they got taken down also.. Makes me feel a little better about my screwup !!

Such a pain in the arse.

Such a pain in the arse.
    Hang in there man.......

If they are not exploiting a loop hole in current version then....

might be an idea to go to a different restore date as malicious code may have been inserted a few days before they actually displayed their logo ?!?

and check all ftp logs from last 15 - 30 days now to work out dates and times unknown IP's have accessed server and see what folders/files they have been in

i.e last time site went down what files were accessed immediately before ?!?

I have gone back into last week.. First I used the 10th..

Now back to the 7th.. Still not working..

Logs not telling me..

Your host should be able to give you all FTP login info no ? From memory they sent all this information to me when I was hacked on an ecommerce site

another thing you can do is tell your host to only allow access from one IP (your IP) to your sever - do your rollback then only allow access from your IP until you can work it out

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    Your host should be able to give you all FTP login info no ? From memory they sent all this information to me when I was hacked on an ecommerce site
    It would seem that its not via FTP..

I have no done full file restores.. So am thinking there has to be some trickery and hooks into the mysql database..

If I have to revert to database backups rather than a cleanup we will lose a few days posts..

Ohh and as of right now.. I am almost sure we will be hacked again.. As I have done nothing different this time, than I did previously..

Are you on a shared hosting platform? There is a wordpress exploit at the moment as well - could they be gaining access to underlying files through an exploited wordpress (or vbulletin site)? Since they can gain remote access they could easily overwrite other directories belong to other users (i.e. your vbulletin)

I think my host is on top of the wordpress issue.. They are really pretty damn good..

The whole problem with some users getting slow page loads was a custom modsec they are using to defend against the wordpress problem.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast