Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the hell just happened ???

What the hell just happened ???

So the quick version..

VB installed.. User accounts imported and text / quotes / dud chars all parsed so it 'should' look ok.. As far as I can see anyway.

Forums set up with permissions.. User accounts also..

You will need to reset your password via your registration email, as per the sticky.

Also my custom theme, that I thought was set up right isnt, It keeps going back to default theme.. Bit of a testing fail.. Expect color scheme changes to get sorted.

Lastly logo and header need work.. I shoulda coulda woulda done that prior to import and making the site live but.. well I didnt care so much.. You can live with it until its sorted.

Please report any and all bugs.. Please report 'oddness' and strange forum behavior.. I am sure there will be some settings not tweaked perfectly.

Would have been so much easier to start out with this than import but hey.. we all know how it worked out.
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 19th April 2013 at 19:44.

Looks good.

Timestamps are not working.. Checked that on a previous test yesterday and was fine once set with the offset ???

Did anyone else get a password reset email ??

I did a 'email users' send out, but didnt get one myself to this user accounts email.. Not in my spam folder..

Yes ... sure did
    Cheers, Rob.

OK timezone settings, will only be applied to new signups.

Existing (meaning imported) members will have to go to user control panel and set their timezone in the 'General Settings' tab.

I would also strongly suggest changing Message Editor Interface to Enhanced or WYSIWYG editor.. To provide the easy formatting control buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post

You will need to reset your email, as per the sticky.
    I presume you mean "password" ?

FYI.... I just got kicked out of old pages, was then directed here by info link, my password didn't work, so I used the forgot password link at log-in. A new pwd was sent to my normal email after a few clicks. Got logged in again now ok. BTW. I got no info email to my inbox before any of this.

Super Admin CP settings need a bit of tweaking ... teething probs you'll sort in a jiffy.

NB: Users CP is restricted, cannot upload avatar.
    Cheers, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by PadMC View Post

FYI.... I just got kicked out of old pages, was then directed here by info link, my password didn't work, so I used the forgot password link at log-in. A new pwd was sent to my normal email after a few clicks. Got logged in again now ok. BTW. I got no info email to my inbox before any of this.
    same same me....

Quote Originally Posted by PadMC View Post
    Yeah well caught..

Well thats almost how it was supposed to work.. There should have been an email sent..

But that aside yeah, thats the process.

didn't get e-mail but worked through from link on old bookmarked page

^ Good good (to Seft).

Small detail and you're prob busy with other stuff. Avatars and profile pic upload not working as KR reported already.

yeah trying to find why avatars isnt functioning at the moment.

Just kinda relieved the import seems to have been smooth.. Settings and fiddling can take a day or two..

That doesnt mean I dont want to hear anything people see as being wrong. Please do mention it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    Well, if you modify an existing post and go 'advanced', menu buttons with advanced features is missing ... URL link, IMG etc. ...
    I am guessing you mean this.. It will work for new signups but imported users need to go make this change.

Existing (meaning imported) members will have to go to user control panel and set their timezone in the 'General Settings' tab.

I would also strongly suggest changing Message Editor Interface to Enhanced or WYSIWYG editor.. To provide the easy formatting control buttons.

Custom avatars now working..

Custom avatars now working..
    Just tried to upload my Giraffe avatar but got a message saying animated avatars not allowed ???

I turned that off.. but the giraffe is too good not to.. 2 mins..

Still playing around here but Looks good...

I see that we can change back to default theme from our own CP. I prefer the dull blue which seems to be default. I always disliked the green that was used on P-I.

The dull blue seemed a little dull..

I will have a look for a selection of custom themes and put them up, so people can choose, once a few more pressing issues are covered.

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    Just tried to upload my Giraffe avatar but got a message saying animated avatars not allowed ???
    good to go I think..

If its too large in bytes lemmie know.. I set it to 100 kb ?? Very large animated gifs will slow down page loads and increase bandwidth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast