Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: User opinions on what the forum needs..

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Could be me, but a button to take you to YOUR last read post in a thread.... If it is already there, it ain't working fro me
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Does the little >> at the start of a thread title in new posts not do that for you ??
    No mate..... it invariably takes me to the last page, not the last post I had read.... I just tried it then on a thread I hadn't looked at and it took me to the last page

I just double checked and it did the same.... hadn't read a post in a thread yet it took me to the last posting
    The little blue circle with downward pointing arrows before the thread title(left side of scrren) should take you to "new posts" (posts since you last checked the thread) , the little blue square with sideways pointing arrows next to the last usersname (right side of screen) will "Go to last post" (that is the last post in the thread , not the last post you read).

No mate..... it invariably takes me to the last page, not the last post I had read.... I just tried it then on a thread I hadn't looked at and it took me to the last page

I just double checked and it did the same.... hadn't read a post in a thread yet it took me to the last posting
    Its working for me.. just brought me straight to this post..

The two little >> before the thread title ??

Quote Originally Posted by mjwx View Post
    The bar up the top that would put the code in for you when you wanted to bold, insert videos and hyperlinks, ect... ect..

Ferked if I can remember the code for SQL, HTML and vbulitin.
    User settings.. turn advanced editor on..

Should be on for all new users by default.

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    That works....sort of. If I click 'new posts' I see what is new....however, if I don't read any of them, it assumes that I DID, so those 'new posts' are gone even though I didn't read any of them.
    I think it should list 'latest posts' instead, and not have them highlighted after they are read. Does that make sense? Like P-I. I'm not nit picking....you asked.555

By the way, great work.
    Yeah I have noticed this difference too.. But not seen any option to change that action yet..

Its 'new posts' since last visit not unread posts..

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    Ohhh and I vote for a free for all section. One with no moderation (or only very very very little). If any threads get sidetracked and BMs getting heated or flaming each other it can just be moved there. I thought that's what PI really needed when a few of the 'controversial' threads got wiped.
    The Obama, Smoking, Guns and my GF is a LB, S&M section.......

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    Not that important, but the "View Site Leaders" (under Quick Links), was fun to check every once in a while on PI (when it was still enabled.)

Can you enable it?
    what did it do ??

I have that option in this (just normal user account) but it just takes to a groups page and theres no groups set up.

i enjoyed the chat function a lot on PI. as mentioned it would be good that once you register you don't get automatically elevated to L2. a certain amount of time/posts on the forum and then you automatically get lifted up. everything else is fine for me.
    Money can't buy love but it can rent a pretty close imitation.

Does the little >> at the start of a thread title in new posts not do that for you ??
    Doesn't work for me either, just goes to last post.

Could do with a lot more stickies like PI, is supposed to be an info site after all, basic guide to Thailand, language culture, bar scene, acronyms etc.

Would prefer more private section of the forums. work up to them... or previous 'secret' members be allowed somewhere 55

I wouldn't mind having a go at doing some of the stickies, beginners guides etc, since I'm in planning mode for my next trip I'm brushing up on a lot of stuff so it's in my head anyway. LIL has done savage work in the past few weeks so glad to lend a hand.

Is there a delete thread function?
    Last edited by Dupree; 24th April 2013 at 23:29.

yes, first Edit ... then Delete ... but you have to select the radio button on the left ....delete in etc. manner (you can leave the box empty)

then click the Delete Post button on the right ..

Not for the OP...

delete thread or post now?

btw ... I fixed your thread, don't delete it pls ;-)
    Before if you started a thread you could delete the post thus deleting the thread. I don't see that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Before if you started a thread you could delete the post thus deleting the thread. I don't see that option.
    Its a setting and it may be set the other way..

Personally I never liked that, when a poster starts a thread then gets in a hissy it didnt go the way they wanted and wants it gone, could remove it and all the other comments. I dont think people 'own' their threads like that.. Stand up for what you say and mean it, have a thicker skin if it doesnt go how you want, etc..

I would make exceptions for where peoples threads may self identify or cause relations or work trouble.. and am not 100% rigid in this idea but I always thought that was poor form.

Input people ??

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    I wouldn't mind having a go at doing some of the stickies, beginners guides etc, since I'm in planning mode for my next trip I'm brushing up on a lot of stuff so it's in my head anyway. LIL has done savage work in the past few weeks so glad to lend a hand.
    Very welcome..

Also trip and tour reports that were cross posted before to other places.. Those kind of photo rich travel centric ones are very very welcome.

Yeah I have noticed this difference too.. But not seen any option to change that action yet..

Its 'new posts' since last visit not unread posts..
    Somethings weird as I just came here this morning and my new posts were wiped.. Possibly because I visited as admin to auth some users and its IP tracked not user tracked..

I dont like it too so need to look into it.

Personally I never liked that, when a poster starts a thread then gets in a hissy it didnt go the way they wanted and wants it gone, could remove it and all the other comments. I dont think people 'own' their threads like that.. Stand up for what you say and mean it, have a thicker skin if it doesnt go how you want, etc..

I would make exceptions for where peoples threads may self identify or cause relations or work trouble.. and am not 100% rigid in this idea but I always thought that was poor form.

Input people ??
    I agree. Deleting stuff should be moderated. Edit function should be enough latitude. Its too frustrating to revisit a thread and history has been re-written.

Input people ??
    I assume it's an Admin setting and not an individual setting?

I think you should at least give an OP the option change his mind within a short time frame or before a set number of posts accumulate. Basically it's just the 1st post of a thread and posts have a 24hr delete time.

You mean the forum in WYSIWYG mode ... check it in the General Settings.

Looked for it before as well ;-) ... it's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    This is already there for me.... you mean the little tab buttons etc? If you go into "Settings" and then General Settings... scroll down to Miscellaneous Options... and select Enhanced Interface.

Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:
    • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

• Basic Editor - A simple text box
    • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

Teaches me for not RTFM.

Thanks guys.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast