Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 96
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: A thanks to K2 and Dawsey.. New Mods

  1. #1
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153

    A thanks to K2 and Dawsey.. New Mods

    Both Dawsey and K2 have volunteered for the thankless task of Mod duties.

    Try not to give them work to do, and in the event of disputes, their word is the rule.

    Thanks guys
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 12th May 2013 at 12:08.

  2. #2
    Senior Member slampay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,637
    Cool,
    Are we to have a more light handed forum? Must admit I thought that some of the thread closing on PI was just personal preference over actual need. The gun thread comes to mind.

    Nicke had his perimeters, who sets them now?

    With me, I sometimes am at a loss for words...."fuck"seems to fill that void!55

    This forum gets more comfortable for me by the day, and I like where it's going. Maybe if it can be like a talk between full grown men at a bar? If the conversation isn't going your way, you can just move to another? No need to close the bar.

    Just my input.....

  3. #3
    Senior Member billpay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,036
    Excellent....thank you Roger and Kevin!! It is a thankless task indeed. Cheers

  4. #4
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    F**king cunts!!!!!!!! Just checking if I'm still able to use the F and C words 5555
    Can Gee moderate the ThaiDreaming section??
    To be serious, thanks to Rog and Kev for doing it:-)
    Last edited by K2; 12th May 2013 at 13:04. Reason: Testing Mod powers - had to start somewhere ;-)

  5. #5
    Senior Member PadMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    747
    Good luck to the new mods!

  6. #6
    Senior Member kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Fucking cunts!!!!!!!! Just checking if I'm still able to use the F and C words 5555
    Can Gee moderate the ThaiDreaming section??
    To be serious, thanks to Rog and Kev for doing it:-)
    That would stir things up nicely!
    Cheers, Rob.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Cool,
    Are we to have a more light handed forum? Must admit I thought that some of the thread closing on PI was just personal preference over actual need. The gun thread comes to mind.

    Nicke had his perimeters, who sets them now?

    With me, I sometimes am at a loss for words...."fuck"seems to fill that void!55

    This forum gets more comfortable for me by the day, and I like where it's going. Maybe if it can be like a talk between full grown men at a bar? If the conversation isn't going your way, you can just move to another? No need to close the bar.

    Just my input.....
    I agree with you.. And I dont think different opinions should be moderated.. but once things are personal attacks, or windups designed purely to provoke rather than entertain, those tend to bring a board down.

    I especially dislike when a poster gets their panties in a bunch about one issue, then follows members around the forum making every damn thread about them. So while I hope to have a less hard line on active discussions, I may end up more of a dictator when it comes to trying to just keep it smooth.

    I am also debating the idea of a fight club / bear pit / just go slug it out forum. It has plusses and minus's but can help mods out.

  8. #8
    Senior Member slampay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I agree with you.. And I dont think different opinions should be moderated.. but once things are personal attacks, or windups designed purely to provoke rather than entertain, those tend to bring a board down.

    I especially dislike when a poster gets their panties in a bunch about one issue, then follows members around the forum making every damn thread about them. So while I hope to have a less hard line on active discussions, I may end up more of a dictator when it comes to trying to just keep it smooth.

    I am also debating the idea of a fight club / bear pit / just go slug it out forum. It has plusses and minus's but can help mods out.
    Much thanks for the reply. Here's a question, is there away to ban someone from just a particular thread?

    And I concur, stalking someone in real life would not end well. Neither should it here.

  9. #9
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,625
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Both Dawsey and K2 have volunteered for the thankless task of Mod duties.

    Try not to give them work to do, and in the event of disputes, their word is the rule.

    Thanks guys
    funny enough, i kind of took them as MODS anywhere
    just falls into place

    i might give them some work, but will try to not be too big of a pain in the ass 555

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,059
    Would the bearpit have everyone on an equal footing - Mods' friends, Mods themselves, LiL?

    If so I'll sharpen the claws.

    After all K2 has already said I'm on "the shit list" here - as a newbie like the rest of us (no 555!).

  11. #11
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    Would the bearpit have everyone on an equal footing - Mods' friends, Mods themselves, LiL?

    If so I'll sharpen the claws.

    After all K2 has already I'm on "the shit list" here - as a newbie (no 555!).
    why do you always have to start in??
    and then you whine that people are against you........but you don't see why?
    because you are always poking like an asshat

  12. #12
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    And I concur, stalking someone in real life would not end well. Neither should it here.
    I find people can act up online in ways they rarely would face to face.. That I find annoying.

    Like I said, spirited discussion is great, but theres a hard to define line between that and being a pain.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i might give them some work, but will try to not be too big of a pain in the ass 555
    You sure you got that in ya ??

  14. #14
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    because you are always poking like an asshat
    I guess that answers that then

  15. #15
    Senior Member slampay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,637
    ^^^ so I'm a masichost!

    I just love this stuff!555

  16. #16
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,625
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I find people can act up online in ways they rarely would face to face.. That I find annoying.

    Like I said, spirited discussion is great, but theres a hard to define line between that and being a pain.
    anything i say online, i'd say to anyone's face
    actually, and it would come off a lot more reasonable
    i think the internet disfavours me a bit 555

    so remember that when judging me! need to be judged on a curve 555

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    anything i say online, i'd say to anyone's face
    actually, and it would come off a lot more reasonable
    i think the internet disfavours me a bit 555

    so remember that when judging me! need to be judged on a curve 555
    55555! Never let a thought be considered before being uttered.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    why do you always have to start in??
    and then you whine that people are against you........but you don't see why?
    because you are always poking like an asshat
    Lucky for you the archives aren't available as you can't back that up.
    I don't whine - I attack verbal diarrheoa and those who think they have "superior rights" because of their perceived "status" when their displayed knowledge doesn't back that up.


    This is the bearpit - right? 555!

  19. #19
    K2
    K2 is offline
    Super Moderator K2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    so remember that when judging me! need to be judged on a curve 555
    Hummm ...tangental, exponential or parabolic?? 555

    Like the new avatar btw.
    Its My Life .....!

  20. #20
    Senior Member Loop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    I don't whine - I attack verbal diarrheoa and those who think they have "superior rights" because of their perceived "status" when their displayed knowledge doesn't back that up.
    But aren`t you one of the ones who was whining long and loud about people who don`t live there posting about Phuket stuff??

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •