Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOWTO :: Picture posting.

OK I'll try it out next time...
    ôVote for Trump and grab them by the poosy "

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    This brings me to the last method.

Method 5

Advanced Picture posting. Embedding Slideshows.

If you use flickr as your image host, as suggested above, you will probably be familiar with the concept of 'Photosets' collections of photos and images into groups.

By uploading your images to flickr, and collecting them into a set. You can create an embedded slideshow.

To do this you must first look on the flickr site for the sets ID number. This is the number in the URL here..

When you have this number you simply click the flicker button here

Which will create the opening and closing BB Tags which are {flickr}{/flickr} (again with [ ] brackets)

Inside these you paste your set ID number.. And this will create an embedded slideshow like this

A easy video tutorial breaks this process down

The good thing with flickr is you can have many photos duplicated in multiple different sets for organization.. One set for your whole Trip Report slideshow, another set for just the nightlife, or just one night of the trip or one location. This allows you to create very customized trip reports, breaking the trip per day, or just people you met, or any way YOU feel like presenting it, in a nice slideshow fashion. Flickr has great tools to organize all this and makes cataloging your photos for sharing, handling resizing and privacy options, all very nicely.

To demonstrate the above 'foods' set.. Can be broken into separate slideshows based on the nationality of the food, all using the same photos uploaded one time to flickr.

I hope with those tools now installed it helps anyone who wants to do more fully multi media trip reporting the ability to do so
    OK it seems flickr's UI overhaul has broken this...

Will dig and see if its repairable.

Anybody else having problems posting pictures ?

I hit browse (from my computer) and it does jack, so then I hit basic uploader and select file - then it just hangs !

Was working fine recently and appears to work with this iPad..

Have you tried another browser ??

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Have you tried another browser ??
    Nope - I'm a 3rd grader PC user. It was working fine last week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12