Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Waharoa
  • 2 Post By LivinLOS

Thread: post picture thread

Yes

post picture thread

I was looking for the post a picture of almost anything thread,could not find it.

Was it deleted when UB2U's threads were removed?

Sadly the answer is your avatar name... 55

I'm not a fan of deleting threads at the request of the OP unless absolutely necessary. It gives ownership of all the thread posts to the OP then and I don't think that's right on most occasions. Sure if it's a personal bloggish type thread with lots of personal stuff. But general threads which contain mostly other people's posts I think should be at the discretion of the mods rather than the OP if they are to be deleted... in my opinion.
    krukke, briofoz and soupdragon like this.

Yes
    Thanks...yes i agree lots of other posters in that thread...maybe too much work to just delete UB's contribution.

So will this be a precedent,whoever starts a thread is the owner ?

I may actually see if I can dig that out..

My view is a poster has the right to remove his posts.. A poster does not own a thread and with the exception of very personal threads (Denvers life thread on PI, Deanos, etc etc) I wouldnt remove that..

However to remove Up2Yoo's posts I just did a blanket process.. Which this then got caught up in.

I have some forum and plug in updates I need to do here and another forum I host.. Will look around at if I can pull that back.
    Waharoa and BroTiger like this.

Yes
    That sounds good...I also think a poster should be able to remove his posts,not own the thread.