Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 870
Like Tree411Likes

Thread: Gayness

  1. #201
    Senior Member sundancekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,142
    Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    555555Again, you can't see the forest through the trees. YOU are the narrow mined and bigoted one here. Someone expresses their view and you call them the names.
    Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!

    Anyway, for me this is now boooorrring....or rather you are....that's just my humble opinion.
    Here's the simple rundown, Bill:

    I have absolutely no problems accepting other people's viewpoints as long as they are argued in a coherent and rational manner. However, if any of these rhetorical devices are used, I will vehemently attack them, especially the first as it is one the laziest arguments:

    Straw men, red herrings, false analogies or non sequitors.

    Other than that I have mainly only two problems:

    (1) People denying facts and (2) bigots

    As in intolerance towards a group of people in general based on their group characteristics such as race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.

    To me, that kind of behaviour will never be accepted. Period. And you can call me what you like for it. Perhaps it is because I was physically absused myself for standing up against such views in younger years. Dunno. Other than that I'm a pretty flexible guy 555.
    Last edited by sundancekid; 30th June 2015 at 12:44.

  2. #202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,267
    The waves are running high in this thread, but let us not forget that the opinions here are not that different, compared to what you find elsewhere.

    I certainly do not feel that "bigot" is an expression that belongs here, as it is probably more a generation thing or difficulty adjusting to a new reality.

  3. #203
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdickgus View Post
    Of course they are, they wish a legal difference in their favor to be maintained.
    So if gay people became the only marriages possible and hetero couples had to have civil unions only I am sure they would be totally fine with that because you know it isn't a big deal.
    I am kinda odd in this as I am pro gay.. I actually think the world benefits from more people who are not the norm.. The world needs more eccentrics and outliers.. They make it more interesting place to live.. But I do understand that to some 'marriage' means the traditional marriage.. And dont have a problem with that..

    If you wanted to say I cant be 'married' because that means a big christian church deal and I can only have a civil union registered by the state.. yeah I can see how marriage means 'that ceremony' and again doesnt bother or rankle me..
    obes and tnlawyer like this.

  4. #204
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    I see your point, but personally I would not call anyone a bigot just because they wanted to keep the term "marriage" as a bond between a man and a woman, however historically incorrect it may be. That is, only if they agree that there should exist an alternative providing exactly the same legal protections. I
    I guess thats sort of my stance.. 'marriage' does seem a highly loaded term.. And if its opened to gays it has to be opened to anyone who wants any other less orthodox version of it too.. polygamous.. Etc etc etc..

    But again.. Why is the state in this any way.. Whatever its termed as.. Whatever the rights are.. as long as its equally applied without discrimination seems to be getting hung up on labels, while at the same time saying we are not supposed to be hung up on labels.

  5. #205
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153

  6. #206
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    So llike Sef said, where should we put the limit on marriage?? Let's say I want to marry 3 girls and one ladyboy (man), is that ok??? I don't see that any worse or better than gay marriages......

    Add....I think it's easier to be faithful if we had more wives 555......and more headache of cause
    Last edited by geir; 30th June 2015 at 14:30.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

  7. #207
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    That's just brilliant 5555
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

  8. #208
    Senior Member stupscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    So llike Sef said, where should we put the limit on marriage?? Let's say I want to marry 3 girls and one ladyboy (man), is that ok??? I don't see that any worse or better than gay marriages......

    Add....I think it's easier to be faithful if we had more wives 555......and more headache of cause
    Do you even understand what the 'gays,' as you call them, are fighting for? Equality, not privilege, just equality. Nothing more or less than what you can have. You're not alone in seeming to miss that point in this thread, a few seem to want to deny two people of the same sex getting married.. I have one question on that, why?

    Waaaaay back you also said you would be uncomfortable seeing two guys kissing, would you have the same problem seeing two girls kissing?

  9. #209
    Senior Member stupscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    I don't give a shit what gay people do but here is some interesting stories.
    Bullocks, you clearly do from what you've said previously on here.

    Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    A friend of mine had a normal job got married in his twenties got 2 sons and lived a happy family life for years. Then after 12ish years his wife leaves him for a woman. Then my friend start traveling and funny enough ends up gay. Don't tell me that both of them was born gay, I just don't buy it. I think it was coincidences in life that made it happen. Maybe I turn gay in a few years time, who knows.
    Has the term Bisexual reached Ranong or Norway yet? Not everything in life is black and white you know!
    Last edited by stupscott; 30th June 2015 at 18:03. Reason: tidying up the quotes

  10. #210
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    Quote Originally Posted by stupscott View Post
    Bullocks, you clearly do from what you've said previously on here.



    Has the term Bisexual reached Ranong or Norway yet? Not everything in life is black and white you know!
    He don't call himself Bi, he call himself gay.............You have a strange way of reading posts, as I never mind them getting married. What if I love two men equally (just to make you comfortable with the gender), why shouldn't I be entitled to marry them.....That was what my last post was about, I'm just pushing the limits to see what people are comfortable with...

    And two girls kissing would probably make me horny if they were good looking..........which is normal since I'm into girls. If you get horny by seeing two blokes kissing you're definitely gay in my book.
    Last edited by geir; 30th June 2015 at 19:39.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

  11. #211
    Senior Member kris-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    So llike Sef said, where should we put the limit on marriage?? Let's say I want to marry 3 girls and one ladyboy (man), is that ok??? I don't see that any worse or better than gay marriages......
    Well in 50 years or so, if public opinion has changed in favour of polygamous marriages then yeah maybe they will get the same rights as others.

    Look at Ireland, the most conservative European country. Staunchly catholic. They just put the gay marriage question to the electorate via a referendum.. and the result hugely in favour of it. This in a country like I said the most conservative in Europe, i'm not even sure if abortions are legal yet. Public opinion has shifted and you are on the wrong side. Nothing wrong with that, everyone is allowed their opinion, but you can't deny that your opinion is now in a minority.
    Waharoa likes this.




  12. #212
    Senior Member stupscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    405
    OK Geir, equality means likestilling (according to google) in Norwegian so perhaps you'll understand it more now.

    If you want to marry 3 girls and one ladyboy, or two men, that's not equality is it? That's not what a straight person can do now is it? That's why you shouldn't be entitled to marry them, that and it's against the law in most countries. You compared you marrying four people at the same time to two people marrying each other and said it was no better or worse in your view, yet claim you don't mind gay marriage... so forgetting all that fictional b/s, do you see two gay peoples marriage as no better or worse than two straight peoples marriage?



    Btw maybe some women like seeing two guys kissing.. if they're into guys, but then I don't know if you think women should have equality too.

    Edit: I've no strange way of reading posts, I didn't say you want to deny gay marriage, I said you missed the point (equality) and a few were against it.
    Last edited by stupscott; 30th June 2015 at 20:23.

  13. #213
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    He don't call himself Bi, he call himself gay.............
    That would indicate that he was staying in the closet for many years. Or that he was in denial about his sexuality. Otherwise, the correct term is bisexual, I believe.

  14. #214
    Senior Member sundancekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    I certainly do not feel that "bigot" is an expression that belongs here, as it is probably more a generation thing or difficulty adjusting to a new reality.
    Yes, you are correct that this is generational, and that changing people's stale views on these matters is very hard. So the individuals themselves have to die in order for these bad ideas to die with them, however morbid it sounds. Something which inexplicably prompted the notion that I wanted Geir dead as soon as possible. Guess I overestimated the reading comprehension on this forum...

    Still, being a bigot, as a well-functioning adult, does not in any way excuse that behaviour. Sure, Pabs thinks it just funny linking to songs about killing queers. There's just simply no excuse for that.

  15. #215
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,127
    Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    Sure, Pabs thinks it just funny linking to songs about killing queers. There's just simply no excuse for that.
    Johnny Pissoff does not go around "killing" queers.

    He merely states that in the name of Christ, he has been put here to "beat up" queers.

    I guess that I overestimated the hearing/comprehension level of some on this board....you condescending screwhead!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtVBrXvmmJw
    Last edited by Pablo; 30th June 2015 at 20:48. Reason: add link

  16. #216
    Senior Member sundancekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,142
    Oh, I'm so sorry. Mea culpa. But why exactly would you condone beating up queers? Still makes you a bigot, right?

    Seriously, why would you wish physical harm towards another fellow human being because of his sexual orientation? For what I can tell, Jesus was probably "queer" himself, or at least not disliking Paul too much...
    Last edited by sundancekid; 30th June 2015 at 21:06.

  17. #217
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,127
    Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    Oh, I'm so sorry. Mea culpa. But why exactly would you condone beating up queers? Still makes you a bigot, right?

    Seriously, why would you wish physical harm towards another fellow human being because of his sexual orientation?
    Well, again I guess I overestimated....

    It's a song, and a satirical song FFS!

    At least I haven't wished the "extinction" of a generation of "bigots", as you have!

  18. #218
    Senior Member sundancekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,142
    So you do not condone beating up queers? Simple question. Yes or no. The very concept of satire seems to be very diifferent at your shallow end.

    Really just trying to understand your logic here. If it's meant as satire, so you do not condone? You link to a video from the 60s claiming that it represents your view even today. But now it's just satire?
    Last edited by sundancekid; 30th June 2015 at 21:24.

  19. #219
    Senior Member tnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    But why do you feel the right to deny anybody something you are allowed to do?

    You can be as cordial as you can be to me but if you tell me you have more rights than me I'd tell you to fxuk off
    What right are you talking about? The right to get married? State statutes spell out limits on state recognized marriage and it certainly isn't wide open to anyone and everyone. Are you advocating it should be? If not, why do you think those left out shouldn't have the same right that the ones allowed to marry have? Houses of worship have their own requirements that are typically even more restrictive. Should be a state issue IMO, but the law is the law. I just hope the government doesn't start interfering with what the churches do (i.e. forcing them to perform ceremonies in violation of their beliefs).

  20. #220
    Senior Member tnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    Well in 50 years or so, if public opinion has changed in favour of polygamous marriages then yeah maybe they will get the same rights as others.

    Look at Ireland, the most conservative European country. Staunchly catholic. They just put the gay marriage question to the electorate via a referendum.. and the result hugely in favour of it. This in a country like I said the most conservative in Europe, i'm not even sure if abortions are legal yet. Public opinion has shifted and you are on the wrong side. Nothing wrong with that, everyone is allowed their opinion, but you can't deny that your opinion is now in a minority.
    But that's not the case in the US. In most states (even some liberal ones) public opinion has not supported gay marriage. That's why this case was taken to the SC. They couldn't get what they wanted via state referendums.
    kris-one, geir and Pablo like this.

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •