Page 278 of 328 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 6549
Like Tree2005Likes

Thread: USA Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Do you think this applies to anyone here then?

How about - how many on here could be considered part of "The Control Left" - I can certainly think of at least two !

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    Gosh, sure has me rethinking about the election outcome. 555555.
    Wow, he s against the wind turbines. He is really going to be a terrible leader.5555555
    1st off, incredible spread last night!!

How can't you see how corrupt this is, and forget about corrupt......how frigging sleazy it makes us look?
    Our President-Elect hitting people up for his own business interests.

You honestly think that isn't a big deal?
    And there has been indications he has been doing it since he got elected

Then you have his daughter hawking the bracelet she wore imon 60 Minutes on her website the next day.
    Makes the country look like sleaze hustlers.......just as that family is
    LivinLOS likes this.

Wow, he s against the wind turbines. He is really going to be a terrible leader.5555555
    You nor worried about wind turbines

Is National Security not a worry for you? Really shows what a great leader he will be
    Nah......I don't need to learn about our National Security....

Trump opts out of getting daily intelligence briefings | New York Post

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    We saw a lot of posts in here about the perceived problem with Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation when she was in the government. Even after it turned out it was a lot of fuss about nothing.
    1) we have never been allowed to properly investigate the foundation.. Hillary was allowed to consider foundation emails personal it seems.. And what we do know, via leaks and hacks.. Is incredibly damning.. So much so that pay for play and pay for access seems to be considered the new normal now.

I agree trump should have put different leadership in than his kids.. But again, you seem to counter actual documented miss behavior, with potential possible miss behavior..

Move along.....nothing to see here...

Trump, in a call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, “praised one of his Turkish business partners as a ‘close friend’ and ‘your great admirer.’ ”

* Trump asked a British politician about wind farms that are ruining the view of a Trump golf course in Scotland.

* Trump’s children discussed “additional projects” in the “Philippine resort and leisure sector” with the new Philippine envoy, who happens to be a Trump business partner.

* Trump will soon oversee the Justice Department’s case against Deutsche Bank, Trump’s biggest lender, which stands accused of major abuses during the housing-loan crisis and whose demise could damage Trump’s business empire.

* Salesmen at Trump International Hotel in Washington recently held an event marketing the hotel to diplomats, one of whom told the Washington Post, “Why wouldn’t I stay at his hotel, blocks from the White House, so I can tell the new President, ‘I love your new hotel!’ Isn’t it rude to come to his city and say, ‘I am staying at your competitor?’ “

* Trump and his children recently met with Trump’s Indian business partners and discussed U.S.-India policy.

* Trump told President Ilham Aliyev, the autocratic ruler of Azerbaijan, where a Trump hotel project has been stalled, “that he heard very good words about” him, “and wished the head of state success in his activities,” according to Azerbaijan’s official news service.

* Trump included his daughter Ivanka, one of his three adult children to whom he is allegedly turning over his company, in a meeting with Shinzo Abe, Japan’s Prime Minister.

* Trump and Ivanka took a congratulatory call from Mauricio Macri, the President of Argentina, and a few days later a long-stalled Trump project in Buenos Aires reportedly became unstuck.

^^^If he renames his company "Trump Foundation" that should clear all that up nicely 5555
    Pablo, davis121, obes and 1 others like this.

Maybe he should call the US Trump Foundation

In the grand scheme of things, no big deal, IMO.
    Look how the financial market has responded to his impending presidency.
    I really don't expect anyone to be perfect, but let's just see how he does once he gets into office without sticking a microscope up his ass to analyze (anal ize) his every move.
    MrDK and Thin White Duke like this.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    1) we have never been allowed to properly investigate the foundation.. Hillary was allowed to consider foundation emails personal it seems.. And what we do know, via leaks and hacks.. Is incredibly damning.. So much so that pay for play and pay for access seems to be considered the new normal now.

I agree trump should have put different leadership in than his kids.. But again, you seem to counter actual documented miss behavior, with potential possible miss behavior..
    Not investigated but documented misbehaviour from Clinton and the foundation? And that documented misbehaviour was ignored by whoever should have done anything about it? A conspiracy?

It is not like the e-mails was the only information about how Clinton handled the foundation. There is lots of better documentation, like visitor lists and the accounting of the foundation itself. The Newsweek article was based on that and it turned out to be nothing. The worst example in the article was the contact with a man who is an old friend, who is a Nobel Laureate for the good he has been doing and who is fighting for the same things that Clinton has been fighting for decades. He would have had access to Clinton no matter whether he had contributed to the foundation or not.

There is nothing potential about Trump, he has been doing it all along, pushing his golf club in Scotland and his new hotel in Washington in his campaign. And now as president-elect he is keeping on the same track with world leaders. In best case it is only a perceived problem, he and Ivanka may not actually be pushing his personal interests in the talks (although the reports say different). At worst he is pushing them like he has done up until now. However, maybe he don't have to push them, the world leaders know what his interests are, like getting a permit. And that in itself is a big problem.

As an end note: The money donated to the Clinton Foundation is used to do good for a lot of people in the world. The things Trump is getting from all of this is for Trump and his family. Wrongdoing is wrongdoing, but surely you can see there is a very big difference.

Sorry, either your outrage goes both ways, or you are just a hack with no principles. Not that this is not obvious about you already.

Yes, Donald Trump potentially using the power of the presidency for personal gain is a problem and he should be raked over the coals if he continues to do it.

However, foreign governments donating to the Clinton foundation for potential influence after she gets elected president is worse. While both bad, these two things are not the same and one is clearly much worse.

Lets see of the huge donations to the Clinton foundation keep coming now that she has no chance of being President.

Hypocrites don't get to cry hypocrisy.

Meanwhile, racists trying to take over the Democratic Party, I guess the left is looking for 8 years on the Trump train:

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio View Post
    Sorry, either your outrage goes both ways.
    Well, it actually does, even though I think most of you guys do not understand that, mostly because you see my posts from your own perspective.

If you take a closer look at my posts it is actually about the one way street against Clinton much more than it is a defence of Clinton. The way that it is really, really bad that Clinton has done something stupid or something that could be perceived as a problem, like accepting donations for a foundation for doing good in the world, while the proven wrongs that Trump has done with his private foundation for his own benefit is totally ignored.

And when you guys think I defend Clinton, like that she wouldn't be indicted for the e-mail server, it is actually me trying to look at the things from a real world perspective. I have never shied away from saying that Clinton made a stupid mistake with the server.

Both regarding Clinton and Trump I try to look at the facts and not just focus on the name. Oh, and also, I really hate conspiracy theories, especially as most of them is really stupid and self-contradictory.

In the grand scheme of things, no big deal, IMO.
    Look how the financial market has responded to his impending presidency.
    I really don't expect anyone to be perfect, but let's just see how he does once he gets into office without sticking a microscope up his ass to analyze (anal ize) his every move.
    Historically judgment of new presidents have begun after a milestone of 100 days in office.
    With Trump that same courtesy seems to have been promoted to 60 days before being sworn in.
    Thin White Duke and Pablo like this.

So true.....unbelievable the microscope and negative slant so early.

Apparently he is ahead of both Clinton and Obama at this same stage with regards to his transition....but gets slated for 'opting out of intelligence briefings.'

He is expected to have already started building a wall probably personally brick by brick.

His business empire is supposed to have disappeared into thin air overnight.....his family who helped him thru-out his campaign cut off and distanced.

Get real.
    Last edited by Thin White Duke; 25th November 2016 at 14:30.

Am I right that JFK is historically the States wealthiest President with over a billion dollars.....even though inherited thru his family?

Bill Clinton is right up there after a lifelong career in Politics.

Trump will be going in as the new wealthiest before even starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post

If you take a closer look at my posts it is actually about the one way street against Clinton much more than it is a defence of Clinton.
    far out.jpg

Yeah, you probably swung the election with your scathing critiques.....
    obes, Pablo, MrDK and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    Apparently he is ahead of both Clinton and Obama at this same stage with regards to his transition....but gets slated for 'opting out of intelligence briefings.'

He is expected to have already started building a wall probably personally brick by brick.

His business empire is supposed to have disappeared into thin air overnight.....his family who helped him thru-out his campaign cut off and distanced.

Get real.
    So you think it is ok for Ivanka to be sitting in on meetings with world leaders when she will be in charge of Trump Organization?
    She shouldn't be anywhere near those meetings.

And you think Trump blowing off Intelligence briefings is no big deal? Pawning them off to his VP

And how is he ahead of Obama and Clinton?

Not at this early stage and also not having been sworn in.

The process of naming his administration.That combined with distancing himself from his vast business is no easy task surely?
    Last edited by Thin White Duke; 25th November 2016 at 15:21.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio View Post
    Yeah, you probably swung the election with your scathing critiques.....
    It is clear that it is not possible to swing anyone's opinion in here, especially not concerning Clinton. Facts don't seem to count for much. A very good example amongst the many problems Marc26 mentioned:

Trump included his daughter Ivanka, one of his three adult children to whom he is allegedly turning over his company, in a meeting with Shinzo Abe, Japan’s Prime Minister.

That is perfectly fine, nothing to see here. However, when Bill Clinton met with Attorney General Loretta Lynch there were an uproar and conspiracy theories. And that was after Loretta Lynch removed herself from the decision whether to indict Hillary.