Page 1 of 328 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree2005Likes

Thread: USA Presidential Election

USA Presidential Election

Donald Trump is starting to grow on me......decent haircut if he goes all the way.

What do you guys think?

Is it election year already? Damn that went quick...

Since the president is mostly a muppet, it would be fun to see Trump winning.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

I think the world would be a dangerous place if Trump was president - he acts like a kid. Who wants to give someone like that nukes?
    Waharoa likes this.

Well Trump is leading.

I will say upfront I reckon he will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    Well Trump is leading.

I think its a spur of the moment thing. Take a look at his competition... people like that he's honest and doesn't come across like a sleazy politician, even if he's making a fool of himself, but when the time comes and they hear how stupid his policies are actually going to be, I think (hope) most would see that isn't the best for their country.

If Obama can get elected (twice), why not Trump? Granted, he's not my choice, but the office could use someone with a different viewpoint.

On that poll Paulos polled a bit back I got Hillary Clinton.

That's on policy tho'

This guy is running on emotion and pure charisma/schuzpa. ....gonna be difficult to beat

Well Trump is leading.

Last time they all took lead, only to deflate again. I guess it will be the same this time too. And even if he should win (never overestimate the conservative voters 55), he will loose to the Democratic candidate.
    Last edited by Greatdane; 9th August 2015 at 03:56. Reason: Spleling error corrected

Trump is going to appeal to a lot of Americans, he's playing to the masses too as he knows how to manipulate the audience. The debate the other night looked like real good tv although I only saw some of the highlights. Given the "America's got talent" culture I think he has a great chance. Hilary is still odds on to win it outright though which I find pretty hard to believe. There is a train of thought that says Trump is only there to made Bush look like a reasonable alternative but that may have backfired.

I like Hillary with the thought that Slick Willy will be in the background.

Reckon he had a pretty decent Presidency scandals et al

But yeah Donald Trump in the White House....that's just a whole another level of wow !

Trump makes things interesting but I don't think he will get the nod. Not really sure he wants to be president anyway. This is more about marketing and building his brand IMO. I think Rubio, Cruz, or Fiorina may emerge as the nominee. Kasich could also heat up. I just hope it's not Bush or Christie. If it is, I'll stay home or vote third party.

Not sure Hillary will end up being the Dem nominee.

After Fiorina destroyed Hewlett-Packard, there's no way she deserves to hold any kind of office, much less POTUS. The old Andover division (owned by Philips now) played "Ding-Dong the Witch Is Dead" over the PA system when she was replaced. She was single-handedly responsible for killing the last bit of HP that was worthwhile.

I thought Hillary was a shoo-in for the Democrats.?
    Last edited by Thin White Duke; 9th August 2015 at 04:10.

I thought Hillary was a shoo - in for the Democrats.
    Not so quick there.

She is currently being proven to be a stupid, lying, pig.

But then, that probably makes her the perfect lib' candidate.
    andymon likes this.

And on cue...

Donald Trump axed from event over Megyn Kelly blood comment - BBC News

A major US conservative forum has dropped Donald Trump as a speaker, saying it was unacceptable for him to suggest that a journalist was tough on him because she was menstruating.
    Mr Trump said Megyn Kelly of Fox News "had blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever".
    Ms Kelly had challenged him on remarks he made about women during a TV debate.
    Amid the controversy it emerged that Mr Trump's top political adviser had left his campaign.
    Mr Trump said he had sacked Roger Stone. But Mr Stone later tweeted that the Republican contender "didn't fire me - I fired Trump", adding that he disagreed with the "diversion" created by the comments about Ms Kelly.
    Last edited by Waharoa; 9th August 2015 at 06:27.

Trump is a clown show.
    It's too bad, it would be great to get someone that isn't a politician but had legitimate policies.
    And Rep party should be real worried because he is killing the slightest chance of them beating the Dem nominee. He is dominating their race and obscuring any of the actual candidates.

Hilary is a snake.

I honestly don't see a good candidate yet on either side but it is early

Agree with Paulie, and I can't see any "real" candidates for the republicans this time. They have to come up with someone better to have a chance to win. A bit sad IMO.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Trumps appeal seems to me to show the dark underbelly of a scary side of the Reps.. And his recent foray into anti women misogynistic fighting with fox presenters wont help his chances.. you dont win by alienating 50% of the public.. For me also, his constant needs to argue and fight shows a real character flaw, not only that but his insults are not even clever or witty, its your stoopid.. hes stoopid.. did I tell you how rich I am.. Sounds like a school kid in the yard..

On the flip side I think Hillary is a hateful piece of work, properly nasty.. And while I have a lot of respect for Sanders who I do believe is making a moral stand, I also feel a scary undertone of anti business, anti success, bail me out too vibe that may resonate with people doing badly but is a terrible direction to take the country..

All in all its scary to me how few real viable candidates there seem to be..

It's just pantry full of processed American "food-stuff"....and I'm not stoned or hungry enough to bite.

Kinda depressing...
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

Page 1 of 328 1231151101 ... LastLast