Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: BM meet up London Friday 1st July 2016

K2

BM meet up London Friday 1st July 2016

Thats true K1 - lets do a 2016 summer London BM get together - Sef and I did toy with a Poole get together with Dawsey but both our schedules got screwed up. Hopefully by summer next year the pieces will fall into place - probaly should have a separate thread for this nearer the time. Enjoyed the last get together a lot, so hope next year will work out well.

HMO - more red tape than is worth while, better to properly split the property into separate flats (rather then rooms) - also highly wary of the registration (+ fees) of private rented property - another stealth tax by over zealous councils IMO.
    Its My Life .....!

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Thats true K1 - lets do a 2016 summer London BM get together
    I would be up for that. London is reasonably easy ( if heartbreakingly expensive ) to get to from here, anywhere beyond would be a pain in the ass but I did get down to Bournemouth once and caught up with Dawsey. Epic trip though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    I would be up for that. London is reasonably easy ( if heartbreakingly expensive ) to get to from here, anywhere beyond would be a pain in the ass but I did get down to Bournemouth once and caught up with Dawsey. Epic trip though.
    Yeah I'd be up for that too. Might have to get a room in London for the night though. Being rushed from a curry house in Brick Lane in a taxi with Luke to catch the last train home was a bit hectic. I was so pissed!
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Yeah I'd be up for that too. Might have to get a room in London for the night though. Being rushed from a curry house in Brick Lane in a taxi with Luke to catch the last train home was a bit hectic. I was so pissed!
    You did well to catch the train that night Rog, I was full sure you were gonna be back on the phone to see who was up for some late night drinks after missing it! 555

IIRC I headed into The Hippodrome in Leicester SQ after that for some late night drinks and a flutter! ;-)
    dawsey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyseeker View Post
    You did well to catch the train that night Rog, I was full sure you were gonna be back on the phone to see who was up for some late night drinks after missing it! 555

IIRC I headed into The Hippodrome in Leicester SQ after that for some late night drinks and a flutter! ;-)
    I still owe you for the taxi John. Jeez I think Kev was spiking my drinks. I had a sore ass next day too
    LivinLOS likes this.

I still owe you for the taxi John. Jeez I think Kev was spiking my drinks. I had a sore ass next day too
    You don't owe me anything for the taxi Rog, I don't even remember paying for it!.....I do remember paying for the curry I ate on the jax the next day though.....ring of fire! Could've done with a 'bum gun' that morning I tells ya! 555

Great night.....must do it again soon!
    dawsey likes this.

BM meet up London 2016

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one
    BTW K2 we should have organised another summer BM London drinkies...2 years already since the last one
    Moving a few posts here so as not to ruin the UK property thread.
    LivinLOS and K2 like this.

Brill thanks Dawsey. I'm up for this if it happens, assuming the diary allows.

K2
    Good idea Rog ... perhaps we should aim for as much day as possible as its a fair effort for guys to make it ... weekend June 18th/19th tentatively?
    Its My Life .....!

I might be up for it as well if we manage to get a date early on. Flights from switzerland to london are pretty cheap.
    K2 and dawsey like this.
    Money can't buy love but it can rent a pretty close imitation.

Good idea Rog ... perhaps we should aim for as much day as possible as its a fair effort for guys to make it ... weekend June 18th/19th tentatively?
    Any time suits me now Kev. I'll fall in with whatever dates are decided.

Would it be on a weekend and after May 2016?

We just got a new direct flight from Vancouver to Gatwick for 600cad all in........starts May 2016
    Was planning a trip so might as well try and coincide

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Would it be on a weekend and after May 2016?

We just got a new direct flight from Vancouver to Gatwick for 600cad all in........starts May 2016
    Was planning a trip so might as well try and coincide
    Promising...

Actually, that's a real bargain. Would likely cost me that much on the train.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Promising...

Ok
    So weekend of June 17 is the Friday
    Yes, it is a real good bargain, good airline too

K2
    Suggested w/end of 18th/19th June as is the closest one to summer solstice, so maximum daylight for us, but if Oli and Paul coming over then only fair to fit with guys taking flights!

I'd suggest we avoid school holidays if possible - I don't have any firm plans that far ahead so like Roger can be flexible.
    Its My Life .....!

Suggested w/end of 18th/19th June as is the closest one to summer solstice, so maximum daylight for us, but if Oli and Paul coming over then only fair to fit with guys taking flights!

I'd suggest we avoid school holidays if possible - I don't have any firm plans that far ahead so like Roger can be flexible.
    To be honest, I can do anytime.......doesn't matter but I'd imagine weekends are best for everyone

Promising...

Steve, just drive down and get a room in a hotel that has parking. That's probably what I'll do, especially if Oli is staying over.

Most likely Kev will take us to one of his titty bars (the last one was excellent if I may say so) and a ruby in Brick Lane again. So a Premier Inn/Travelodge cheapie somewhere in the East End.

@Paul. Hope you can make it over. We'll have a blast! With the London members Luke, Kev and Kris it won't be a dull meet that's certain
    K2 and LivinLOS like this.

Seems to be a Premier Inn on Brick Lane. I wouldn't drive, really don't like driving down there these days. Booked in advance the train will be sub 150 first class so pretty easy.
    K2 likes this.

Steve, just drive down and get a room in a hotel that has parking. That's probably what I'll do, especially if Oli is staying over.

Most likely Kev will take us to one of his titty bars (the last one was excellent if I may say so) and a ruby in Brick Lane again. So a Premier Inn/Travelodge cheapie somewhere in the East End.

@Paul. Hope you can make it over. We'll have a blast! With the London members Luke, Kev and Kris it won't be a dull meet that's certain
    If I'm about in UK I'm sure I could make an appearance 5555555555
    dawsey and K2 like this.

Suggested w/end of 18th/19th June.....
    shoot...that's the weekend of my 60th Birthday....hmmmmmm
    dawsey and K2 like this.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast