Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: I've never seen Star Wars

I've never seen Star Wars

First off, I have. Even the prequels unfortunately. The title's from a Radio 4 (for non UK BM's thats a UK radio station that's mainly talking) comedy show of the same name, it got people to try things they haven't tried before.

Last week I was away on a training course in England with a colleague from Austria, one evening we went out for dinner, I knew of a really good Thai restaurant and asked him if he wanted to go there... he had never had Thai food, ever. Fair enough he was young but even so, I thought most people would've tried a red/green/yellow curry a some point.

As the conversation flowed after a few Singhas it turns out he was even more shocked I'd never had a cup of coffee in my life (30-odd years).

Any BM's never tried/watched/eaten/etc something most others have?

Never had coffee? Holy crap! Coffee, to me, is one of the bottom lines of civilised life. If there's no foamed milk I ain't going there these days.

I've always been a bit of a believer in scratching itches so like the idea of doing stuff, I love that quote "try everything once except morris dancing and incest".

Particularly now as I get older I see the value of doing things and going places. If you don't do stuff when you're young you will have nothing to talk about when you're old.

One of my favourite stories is my taxidermy period. I went on a course with a guy who did a lot of the work in Bolton museum and found it fascinating, so decided that there might be a hobby in dead animals for me. Well, dead stuff started to turn up and one day my pal brought me a fox that had been shot. The only viable bit left was the head so we duly whipped of it's head ( and tail actually ). The best way of getting the muscle and gooey bits off cleanly is to cook them, they pretty much fall off the bone after that.

So we get the biggest pan out and set it to boiling. Well, boiling foxes head stinks pretty bad so we put some Bisto in the pan to try and make it smell a bit better ( other gravy powders are available ) and it worked. Of course, once the flat started to smell less like an abattoir and more like sunday lunch the missus came home and looked at what I was cooking before I could stop her; I've always believed that was where they got the inspiration for Fatal Attraction.

Anyhoo, an interesting conversation ensued from that and the pan got condemned. I pretty much got condemned too. Surprisingly, we aren't together any more. I do still have the fox though.

So I cooked a foxes head; I don't expect many other people have done that.
    LivinLOS, Waharoa, dawsey and 1 others like this.

Oh, and I'd never eaten green lentils up until a couple of weeks ago. Everone should try those; very tasty

I never had a wallet until my wife bought me a bill fold when I was 41yrs old.

My mom bought me a wallet every year for Xmas for about 7 years and I returned it every year.

Now I like my wallet although still don't use it much

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    I never had a wallet until my wife bought me a bill fold when I was 41yrs old.
    But but.. Where did you keep you drugs ?? Money clips are useless for that !!

I thought wallets were for storing condoms.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    But but.. Where did you keep you drugs ?? Money clips are useless for that !!
    That's why they make those little pockets in jeans.
    LivinLOS likes this.

I've never seen Star Wars

Gnocchi

Adamant I had never heard or had these since very recently, mate I was with couldn't believe it.
    Last edited by kris-one; 2nd October 2015 at 14:03.

Living without decent coffee is unimaginable

I've never done any kind of drugs not even ganja. Probably made up for it in alcohol abuse mind you. Nicke got me on the snoos, that deffo sent me to the moon, since i've never had a cigarette in my life either

Also I've never backed a horse in a betting shop

I reckon I'm pretty unaddictive even with booze I can just stop and dont remotely miss it

Ok edit an after thought I think i might be addicted to ago gos and beer bars 5555555

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    Gnocchi

Adamant I had ever heard or had these since very recently, mate I was with couldn't believe it.
    Literally everyone in the UK has become a foody these days

I've never barfined a girl from a go-go bar. Yes it's actually true.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    I've never barfined a girl from a go-go bar. Yes it's actually true.
    Any guys??
    geir and LivinLOS like this.

I've never boiled a foxes head.

I've never eaten lentils of any color.

I've never had sex with a ladyboy (that I know of).

I've never snorted cocaine.

I've not watched any popular US television show for about 8 years. I dont actually know for certain what's popular anymore.

I've eaten gnocchi. Not because I'm a foodie, but because I was stationed in northern Italy for 3.5 years.

I've never danced with the devil in the pale moon light. Ok... yeah, I have.

I never crawled as a baby... maybe explains why I am so clumsy. I used to shuffle everywhere sitting on my arse... until I could walk...

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    I've never snorted cocaine.
    Just a freebaser huh !!
    WarProfiteer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    I used to shuffle everywhere sitting on my arse... until I could walk...
    Now you just do it for fun???
    Waharoa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    Now you just do it for fun???
    It's fun to do pub shuffles...

I've actually never worn a watch until very recently *). Not even as a child or teenager. Not even a Casio 555. I guess it was one of those early pseudo-philosophical ideas that I would not live by the time of others. Yes, I was a pain to be around way back when as well 555.

*) If you can call my Fitbit a watch that is...

Kind of reminded me of this, for some reason... Actually not a bad flick either I thought...

Last edited by sundancekid; 2nd October 2015 at 20:12.

I have never eaten a single shellfish in my life. Cockles, mussels, winkels,whelks etc look like something ejected from a tramps nose so a non starter ever for me.
    Nope, not even a prawn cocktail.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    I have never eaten a single shellfish in my life. Cockles, mussels, winkels,whelks etc look like something ejected from a tramps nose so a non starter ever for me.
    Nope, not even a prawn cocktail.
    I've never done a Dawsey 5555 or shellfish, but I do like prawns and crabs.
    dawsey likes this.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast